Monday's Shoot - Kaycee

Sometimes things just don't go your way. Sometimes they don't your way and then you try to make the most of it. And sometimes you do that and you still don't have things go your way. That was today in a nutshell.

My original plans for today were to meet up with Alice and Kayleigh's sister, Camille, to do a bunch of sets. We came up with all kinds of themes for solo and duo. Alice is always excited to pose and Camille has been itching to make her debut, but these two were even more eager to be doing some together. I was really looking forward to the shoot as well, but then Mother Nature happened.

Last night when I checked the forecast for Monday it called for cloudy with low chances of rain after 6 p.m. Well, this morning I woke up to a text from Camille asking me if we were still shooting. I looked out the window and saw it was very hazy outside and it looked wet. I checked the forecast again and wouldn't you know it, rain all damn day. I think the lowest percentage of rain was about 20 percent at any given hour.

After a long back and forth discussion we decided to go ahead and postpone until next Monday. There was no way I wasn't going to get in the sets with Alice and Camille, so I was lucky to have the following week open for them. 

With my day now free, however, I decided to see if I could make some lemonade out of the lemons I was dealt. Enter Kaycee - yet again!

I shot a text to Kaycee that read, "I postponed my shoots today because of the rain. You know what rain makes, right?"

About an hour later Kaycee responded, "What's that?"

"Mud," I replied.

I explained to her what had happened and since we had tried our luck doing a mud set earlier this year (see blog: "Monday's Missed Shoot - Kaycee"), I thought we might be able to try again again today. A few fans have asked for this kind of set and were so eager to hear that Kaycee had agreed to do one. Kaycee agreed to give it a try today, but had to be somewhere by 4 p.m.

Both of us got ready quickly and made a stop at the store to grab some clothes. I didn't want her to ruin anything she had, so we made a quick detour. Once we had the clothes, it was time to get to our destination.

A few minutes later we pulled into the park/nature center I decided to use. I figured no one would be around with the rain and I was right. We gathered our stuff and walked through the woods and then over a bridge crossing the river. On the other side we found the location we wanted to use - a muddy path coming off the main walkway.

We tried to do a set in a downpour today without much luck.

Kaycee moved into position and I tried my best to wrap a plastic bag around my camera. The rain was starting to really come down, and although the trees overhead stopped a lot of it from hitting us, it sure didn't stop it all.

I tried my best to get my camera to cooperate with me, but the rain was making it hard. The lighting wasn't ideal and I tried numerous settings. I just couldn't get what I wanted. Kaycee was also having a time of it with her make up running and stinging her eyes.

We really tried to make this happen. I went as quickly as I could, but we were both uncomfortable. What we should have done was shoot this after the rain had passed. We were on a schedule though and we just tried our best. Sometimes that's all you can do.

As I look through the pictures here on the computer a lot of them are hazy and some clearly distorted by water that had hit the lens. I will try to salvage what I can out of the set and post it as a bonus at a later date. I'm sure it won't be Kaycee's favorite set, but I give this girl an A for effort when it comes to being there for me. Not only did she pose for yesterday's sets on a day notice (see blog: "Sunday's Shoot - Kaycee"), but she did this today with an hour's notice. She's a sweetheart and I'm sure we'll find a way to get her muddy without all the extra drama one day - maybe just her feet though. Keep things simple. 


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


You can also find Soles of Silk on Social Media & Wu's Feet Links!

  

  

  

Comments