6K Club - Mindee's Footography

Three things I love: Mindee, feet, & roller coasters.

I'm so lucky. I really am. One of my best friends just so happens to have two of the cutest damn feet around. She just also happens to be one of the sweetest, yet strongest women I know. I love her for all she's done for Soles of Silk, but it goes way beyond that.

In the past I have called Mindee my muse. For those who do not know, a muse is defined by the Oxford Dictionary as, "a person who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist." Mindee is indeed, my muse - no mistaking that. This is why she now finds herself entering the 6K Club only seven months after joining the 5K Club back in May. 

Mindee has been on a tear with raising her photo count in recent years, and with about 2,000 still unpublished photos sitting on this hard drive, she's not going to be slowing down anytime soon. And oh yeah, we're talking about getting together to do so more soon! She learned that Esmerelda surpassed her this week year for the most photo sets shot in 2018 and she wants to edge her out before the year comes to a close. Oh Mindee...

So, what is it about Mindee that inspires me? Well, as the second sentence of this blog states, she has two of the cutest feet I've seen. That's not an exaggeration either! I have had a fondness for Mindee's feet even prior to her first shoots in 2004. That's what happens when you wear flip flops around me. I tend to look. So yeah, I looked a time or two (dozen... okay, hundred) at Mindee's feet and knew I liked them. That's why I asked her to shoot in the first place. I would have never guessed back then just how much time I'd spend before those precious size 8's.

As it has been stated many times over at this point, Mindee was not keen on the idea of shooting for me when I first asked. Now, however, she'll ask me when we're shooting, or ride my ass if someone shoots more sets than her, as I mentioned above. So how did she go from being camera shy to being a fixture in front of my camera lens?

Friendship.

That's honestly the answer. It's not money. It's not some desire for the spotlight (okay, maybe a little bit, sorry Mindee). It's our friendship. The woman above those slender ankles has won me over like no other. She's someone I can go to with anything and she's always there. She will find time between being a mom, a wife, a babysitter, her job, and the 25 other things she has going on at any given time for me. We're not even talking the site here. Not all of my most memorable times with Mindee involve me having a camera pointed at her. 

Obviously, a lot of my memories with Mindee have been made because of this site, but it's much deeper than that. I guess I can thank this site though for giving me even more time with such an amazing woman. And speaking of time spent together, these sets make countless hours of it, moving Mindee up to the 6K mark:

In those 15 sets above, there are so many times I'll never forget. Shooting Mindee with her mom, Shelby... How cool is that? Heading out of state to visit some amusement parks and doing some shoots... That's combining two of my biggest passions. But even the more low key meet ups make me smile and I'd do them every week if I could. Something as simple as the set of Mindee in her own bedroom doing laundry was great. We took some wonderful photos and we got to spend time together. That's what I like most about shooting with Mindee - that time together.

As I mentioned throughout this blog, this all has been going on for years. Below you can find past blogs about all the shoots Mindee has done and how much they have meant to me. They're worth a look as Mindee has continued to go above and beyond since that summer of 2004 when I began planning Soles of Silk:

I could go into so much more detail about each and every shoot in Mindee's journey from 5,000 - 6,000, but I've detailed them each and every shoot in blogs that you can find here, on the Soles of Silk Blog. I encourage you to go back and really see all the wonderful stuff she's been a part of. I'm just so glad that she's a part of my life. I can't wait to catch up soon, Mindee. Thanks for everything you've done and continue to do!

Mindee teaming up w/ another one of my muses, Alice... Keeping me locked up too!

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


Comments