Monday's Shoot - Kelsey

For the third Monday in a row Kelsey and I met up to take some photos of her adorable feet. If all plays out, it will be four Mondays in a row next week, but more on that in a bit.

On Monday, September 14, Kelsey and I decided to get together and shoot a few sets. A few sets turned out to be five, more than we had anticipated. We shot quick and had some wonderful results. If you haven't saw those photos, I invite you to check out the shoot blog, "Monday's Shoot - Kelsey," from that September 14 shoot.

The following Monday, September 21, both of us had plans, Kelsey's were early in the morning, and mine were later in the afternoon. We knew we wanted to shoot again and with those plans in mind, we decided to wait a week and get together again on Monday, September 28. Well, that was before we got to talking at work.

During some downtime, we got to talking about how we could probably shoot a few sets in between our plans if we really wanted to do it. We both did and September 21 became the second week in a row we'd shoot. Check out "Monday's Shoot - Kelsey," from September 21 if you haven't already. We shot seven sets too, so there's a lot to see.

If you're thinking that we would cancel our plans for September 28 after getting in the extra shoot on September 21, you'd be wrong. I told Kelsey I'd shoot with her on the 21st as long as the 28th was still in the cards. She loved that idea as much as I did and said she would still love to still shoot that day too.

Today was that day...

Set 1: Cat Print Rain Boots

The weather these past two weeks has been a mix of cloudy and/or rain from morning to night. Add in the Nor'Easter coming up the coast the last few days and we were unsure if the weather would even allow us to shoot today. Thankfully we're too far away to have been hit by the brunt of that storm, but we still got a lot of rain over the weekend. It would be a cloudy, soggy day, but we both wanted to shoot again and made it happen.

Last week Kelsey mentioned having rain boots if the weather turned for the worst. I told her to bring them and if it rained, we'd do a rain boots set. It did eventually rain last Monday, but it was a good hour or so after we wrapped up our shoot. We never used the boots, but I did tell her to bring them again today with this weather.

Kelsey never mentioned to me that these boots featured a cat print, so I saw them for the first time meeting up today. I laughed because back on September 14, she wore her well-worn cat print sneakers to the shoot and I had her do a set in them. Yes, I'm talking about the pair I want her to give me. Anyhow, here we were again today shooting more cat print. And that wouldn't be the last cat print she'd find on her feet today either.


Set 2: More Cat Print!

About a week ago I decided to buy Kelsey a few more pairs of sneakers for her upcoming shoots. With all of my insistence on wanting her to give me her well-worn cat print sneakers, I bought her these. I mean, I thought they were adorable, but I also thought it would make her laugh. It did!

I shot this one without socks, just as we did with her rain boots. I've said it countless times before, but I'll say it again. I absolutely adore Kelsey's feet and when they're coming out of a pair of sneakers, without socks, I'm no good! 

Spoiler: For those of you who like the cat print footwear, you will be seeing even more of it in Kelsey's sets moving forward. I bought her a cat print dress and a pair of cat print high heel wedges to pair together. We're saving that one for an indoor set. I also bought her a brand new pair of her well-worn cat print sneakers. I told her I'd trade her that old pair for a new one. She keeps laughing at my request for them, but she knows I'm serious. Anyhow, my plan is to do yet another set with those well-worn ones, along with the brand new ones. I thought that would be cute. That will probably also be an indoor set.


Set 3: Bubble Gum Pink Sneaks

The new sneakers keep on coming. These ones are bubble gum pink and I thought they'd look great in a little workout/yoga mat set. This time around, I had Kelsey in socks too. I'm sure all of you sock fans out there will appreciate that.

As someone who took a bunch of fine art classes in high school and graduated from an art college, I've always been keen on using colors in my photography. I love playing with complimentary colors especially. To go along with those bubble gum pink sneakers, I had Kelsey wear mint green ankle socks. The compliements didn't stop there though. She also had a pink short, pink stretching cord, and a green yoga mat. And with all the green grass and trees in the background, I really think this set's color pop.


Set 4: More Mismatched Socks

On September 14, Kelsey and I needed a last minute shoot idea. I had a Hellraiser shirt with red and blue artwork on it. I also had red and blue knee high socks. We decided to grab one sock from each color and do a mismatched set. It was fun and inspired me to do some more mismatches moving forward.

On September 21, Kelsey and I were planning out our sets when I looked down and saw a bunch of ankle socks that I had. She hadn't worn ankle socks in her sets in quite a while, so we decided to use them. And just like the week before, we decided to go for a mismatched pairing. We took one pink sock and one baby blue sock and went with that combo. Basically a lighter version of the set from the week before - this time with much shorter socks and a different outfit.

Here on September 28, we weren't done. We had enough time for just one more set. We only planned three sets, so we were back trying to figure out a last minute idea. We had a shirt that featured pretty much every color and was learning toward using it. Looking through my socks, we originally grabbed the ankle socks again. Another mismatched ankle sock combo looked to be in the cards. And that's when I remembered that I had the see through socks in my other bag. 

I pulled that open and low and behold, two pairs of socks featured a ton of color. One was light blue with rainbow stripes. The other, yellow, with rainbow hearts. Both would be perfect to pair up with the shirt. And if you guessed that we decided to do one from each pair, pat yourself on the back. So yes, we did three mismatched socks in as many weeks, but every single one of them used vastly different types of socks.

With Set 4 in the books it was time for us to wrap up. We got started a little later this week than we did the past weeks. That was okay though. We managed to shoot 12 sets between the September 14th and 21st shoots, so I was happy with whatever we got today. Four was great and that gives Kelsey 16 total sets during this three week stretch. That's way more than I would have ever guessed, even if you had told me I'd shoot her three weeks in a row.

Now for that teaser I mentioned in the opening. Leah asked me if I was free to shoot on Monday, October 5. I told her yes. We are planning for an indoor shoot starting in the afternoon. The day after making those plans, however, I asked her if she'd be down to start earlier and do an outdoor set or two with Kelsey as well. Kelsey was up for another team up and Leah loved the idea too. I have plans for one set that I think will be cute. I'm still thinking up an idea for a second if we have time. Once that is done, Leah and I will head indoors and finish up with her solo indoor sets.

More fun times are ahead with Kelsey! I also have a bunch of footwear for her to wear indoors, so later this fall or into the winter, don't be surprised if you see even more of her and those heavenly feet. Thanks as always Kelsey!

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 20 years of foot fetish content!


Comments