Monday's Shoot - Kelsey
I recently came home from a much-needed vacation. When I went back to work, Kelsey and I were talking during some downtime. I told her to keep me in mind if she had any free time coming up for some new sets. She said okay and said she'd be game even if we shot only a set or two and that didn't have to be an all-day thing like last time. I agreed and told her to let me know if she had anything open.
I think it was only a day or two later that we decided to go ahead and shoot here on Monday. We were both off and Kelsey was free until 4 p.m. I came up with a few loose ideas for us to use for themes, this time, all done outdoors. It's been a while since we've shot outside and it in the high 70's, the weather was perfect minus some wind from time to time.
I figured we'd only get in three sets, but told Kelsey I'd plan for us to do five or six if we crushed it on time. When outside, it usually depends on whether or not we find a place to use that isn't smack dab in the middle of onlooking people. We went for a place where we've had luck before and for the most part, we did this time too. I'll fill you in on when things did get a little weird today a little later on. Now, here's a look at what we were able to do.
Set 1: Brand New Sneakers - Pair #1
While I was getting ready this morning I told Kelsey that I'd like to buy her a new pair of sneakers for a set. The idea popped into my head in the shower. I knew she didn't have any that we already used in previous sets. She told me that a few days ago at work when I was plotting out some ideas. Kelsey did tell me this morning about a Sketchers store not too far away from where we planned to shoot, though. So we went there first once she was done her pedi.
Walking into the store I saw they had a buy one pair, get a second pair 50 percent off deal. I looked at Kelsey and told her to pick out two pairs. We were now doing two sneaker sets even though I hadn't planned on a single one leading up to that point. I couldn't pass up that deal. Little did I know, we'd shoot three pairs of sneakers. More on that later.
I love colorful sneakers and I adore Kelsey's feet in them, especially without socks. And while these sneakers were brand new, I loved seeing them on her feet. I'm sure down the road they're going to get nice and broken in and that's when you'll see them again when she ends up shooting Kelsey's Sneaker Pile, Vol. 3.
Set 2: Brand New Sneakers - Pair #2
And these are the second pair of sneakers Kelsey picked out. Well, I might have picked these out. I told Kelsey I love bright colors on women's shoes as we walked past this pair. She saw me checking them out and picked up the display shoe. She said that they were cute and asked me if I wanted her to get them. I smiled and said, "If you like them too." Thankfully, she did and they had her size.
Set 3: Sweet, Sugary Feet
In the days leading up to today's shoot I told Kelsey I wanted to grab cotton candy from the store and have use it in a set. She loved the idea. I ran out to the store while she was getting her toes done and found this unicorn cotton candy. It had pink, blue, green, and purple pieces inside and since I love color in my sets, whether it's sneakers or food, I bought some.
This one turned out to be adorable and that cotton candy sure did melt immediately in my mouth. What? You didn't think I would have those toes clenching pieces right in front of me without stealing some did you? Okay, maybe more than some.
Set 4: The Return of Well-Worn Sneaker
Now for the sneaker set I sure didn't plan for. Back in 2022 Kelsey wore these cat print sneakers in a set on an old playground/swing. It was a set that I loved back then and still do to this day. So imagine my surprise when I looked down and saw Kelsey walking around in the same, well-worn sneakers. She's certainly put some miles on them and I told her I think it would be cute to shoot a brand new set in them. Luckily for us, there was a playground nearby to pay even more homage to the original set.
I told Kelsey that whenever she decides that she doesn't want these shoes anymore that I want to adopt them. I usually don't buy or seek out a model's shoes, but these ones I just want. They've technically already appeared in two sets, the aforementioned Park Swings set and in Kelsey's Sneaker Pile, Vol. 1. Once this set is published, that will be three sets. And I told her that they need to return for Kelsey's Sneaker Pile, Vol. 3 now too. So yeah, they'll be a piece of Soles of Silk history. They've also spent so much time on two of my favorite feet, so I'd treasure them for that too. So yes, I want them.
Set 5: Red & Blue Socks This Time
Once we wrapped up the fourth set, I looked at the clock and told Kelsey that with how quick we shot that one, we could go for five before if we kept the same pace. She looked at her watch and said, "Let's do it," still having a little bit of time before she needed to be home.
My plan was to just shoot on a different part of the playground to save time. Kelsey changed and I gave her the socks - a pair of red and a pair of blue that she'd mismatch. I thought it would work well with the Hellraiser shirt, which I gave her for this one. And being she's also done a pair of red knee high socks followed by a blue pair a year later, I thought it would be fun to do a red sock and a blue sock this time. These aren't the same exact socks she wore in those, however, so it isn't like the prior set with returning footwear.
Just as we got the set underway, a father and daughter came running over. The park was pretty much empty in this area the whole time, but there was no way we were going to keep going. Plus, it's a playground. Let the kid have fun.
We spotted a bench in the middle of nowhere a little off in the distance and made our way there. We were shooting quick and I was loving how things looked. We decided to have Kelsey put the socks on in the set instead of taking them off. I don't often go in reverse, but hey, you do have to put socks on too. So, why not?
I figured we'd be good to wrap up uninterrupted after the move, but I was wrong. We were in a spillover parking area, far away from the main section of the park. So of course, a random white truck comes over and parks right next to us. I mean, literally right next to us. It was so close that I was wondering if they were going to say something or get into our business. We kept shooting and finished up the set, though.
Nothing was said and the person actually didn't seem to be paying us much mind inside the truck. Who knows? Still, with a few dozen spots open in the main lot and a few dozen more in this overflow lot, that's the one they wanted? Maybe they had a foot fetish too and wanted to watch?
We ended up moving to a picnic table over by the main lot to film the clip before heading out. I couldn't see filming it only a few feet away from the person in the truck. After that, I had to get Kelsey back home.
We managed to do five sets and with all the last minute set ideas we left a few on the table. That's all good though. We want to try to do a few more here soon. We will work on getting those in and I also ordered Kelsey another pair of sneakers. Funny enough, I went to that Sketchers store three times today. Once for Kelsey. Then I went back to get some new shoes for myself. Afterward I stopped to get some food.
While eating I sent Kelsey a picture of a pair of shoes I saw while checking out during my second visit that I told her I liked and would buy for her. She got back to me while I was eating saying how much she loved them and hoped she could get back to buy them. I told her I'd just go back for a third time and snag them for her. My plan was to also grab a fourth pair too and not tell her. Sadly, they didn't have the shoes she liked in her size. Instead, I found them online while in the parking lot and bought them. I wonder what the staff thought seeing me come into the store three times in about 5 hours?
Today was another great day spent with a great friend. Thank you for all you do Kelsey. You're always fun to shoot and I love getting to spend time with you. It's crazy how many sets we've done the last few years. I wouldn't change that for the world. I mean, unless you told me we could have done even more. And speaking of more, let's do just that. More! More, more, more! I know your fans will agree with that idea.






Comments
Post a Comment