Sunday's Shoot - Charlee

For years Charlee and I lived less than a mile from each another. This, combined with her fun-loving personality, creativity, and passion for shooting, allowed her to accumulate thousands of photos on Soles of Silk. Then, she moved.

Some of you might remember the shoot blogs I published last year around this time. Charlee spared me time to shoot during her visit home to visit her friends and family. We shot 10 total sets, two of which also featured Ava. Those sets were the last time I had the chance to shoot with Charlee until yesterday.

A few days ago, Charlee told me she moved back north to be closer to family. I told her whenever she was settled in to let me know. We both had the same idea. Get her some much needed camera time. We settled on the date of Sunday, August 21, 2022.

I found a neat location online for us to use a few days before the shoot. Sadly, however, things did not work out with the place I found. I made my way out to the area to find it in a sad state. Trash cans were overflowing everywhere, with that trash blowing about the park. Having a large waterfront area and crowded with fisherman, the entire park smelled like dead fish. People sure didn't take care of this park or the shoreline from which they fish.

I texted Charlee and pitched the idea to use another place not too far away. Things worked out for us there, along with some nearby sports courts for our final set of the day.



Set 1: Fort Steps

For Charlee's first set, she wore a dress and some funky, fun shoes. I wanted to keep the location for this one simple so she could maneuver and not bare herself to the world. Dresses don't lend themselves to some of the poses we tend to do.

The spot we picked was a small set of steps going into an old fort. Between the top of the steps, railing, and nearby concrete areas, we had a few places for Charlee to pose her feet. And yes, I made sure to get in a bunch of photos with her shoes on, dangling, and right next to her bare feet. I really loved those shoes and I think you will too.



Set 2: Old Cannon

We had a bit of an issue trying to figure out our second location. It was an overcast day, which can either be a blessing or a nuisance. For this set, it was a nuisance. If any sky was visible behind Charlee, test shots were coming out hazy and dull. My camera is an older model, so it does challenge me from time-to-time when presented with certain lighting conditions.

For the hell of it, I pulled out my cellphone, which takes amazing, high quality photos, and saw if it would have similar issues. It did not. It's crazy how phones these days can do on the fly adjustments to photos with overcast and dark lighting conditions. Charlee and I both liked my test shots, so we decided to do the whole set via my phone. 

I've been thinking about trying a set with my phone for months now anyhow. If my camera ever had issues I could use it as a back up. Or, if I was out with one of my models and we randomly wanted to shoot when we weren't planning to, then I could. Well, it looks like it'll do the job nicely. 


Set 3: Sports Courts Bench

When we left the park we decided to stop at some ball courts we passed earlier to do a third set. With the historic setting of both the first and second sets, we wanted to change things up a bit. Sure, cool locations and odd themes are neat, but sometimes it's just good to do something as simple as some socks in an everyday location. Thankfully someone was nice enough to leave behind a tennis ball too, which matched Charlee's socks perfectly.

I went back to using my camera for this set. I had no issues with back lighting either. Don't ask me why as much more of the sky was visible behind Charlee than it was shooting at the cannon earlier. I do okay with lighting, but even to this day, it still gives me fits here and there.

Once we wrapped up all three sets we parted ways for the day. I wanted to come straight home and get on this shoot blog, but I was tired after coming home and eating. I didn't want to rush through this, so I decided to wait until today.

I'm selfishly happy to have Charlee living only a few miles from me once again. She became only the second model in Soles of Silk history, behind Mindee, to join the 3K Club (3,000 photos). With her local again, I can see her doing the same for the 4K Club and hopefully beyond. Knowing Charlee, I'm sure she would be happy to make that happen.


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 15 years of foot fetish content!

Comments

Post a Comment