Soles of Silk - 2007's Star Models

Beginning in 2015 I began naming Soles of Silk's Star Models, which was a listing of the three models who shot the most photos that calendar year. While putting together 2017's Star Model list, I began to wonder just who the site's Star Models were from 2004-14. That curiosity got the best of me and I decided to go ahead and retroactively name those star models in a blog series. I had quite a few surprises along the way too. (Remember: These are sets shot, not published during the course of the year.)

In 2007, there were two models making their first appearance as a Star Model. Knowing all that has transpired on the site as of 2017, one of these two models will probably come as a shock. Some of you might think that she's been modeling for countless photos since she debuted in 2004. That's not the case though.

Now, onto 2007's Star Models:



2. (tied) Mindee
Debuted: 2004
# of sets posed for in 2007: 5

And here she is! Mindee! Hard to believe that the site's most photographed model (as of 2017) didn't make it onto a Star Model listing until three years in. It's true, however. At the start, Mindee didn't really like her feet and only agreed to model for me because I was her friend and I convinced her that I really needed her.

I'd say 2007 was about the time Mindee really began to come into her own and understand that she has some awesomely beautiful feet. Between them and her ever loving (and teasing) attitude she has toward me, she was becoming one of the site's more popular models. While she doesn't go on to appear on another Star Model list again until 2013, Mindee did start becoming a regular - just not the photo count monster that she is today!



2. (tied) Layla
Debuted: 2005
# of sets posed for in 2007: 5

Layla and I seemed to shoot in spurts. When we did shoot, however, we'd get a few sets in and make the most of the time together. You see, she and I lived about an hour and a half apart. While not the worst drive ever, with schedules, family, and work, we just couldn't get together as often as we'd like. Still, just like she did in 2005, Layla kicked some major ass with some awesome sets in 2007.

The set above was an instant favorite when I shot it. Layla and I went to a basketball court to begin, but people came by almost immediately. We moved to the tennis court and that's where I captured her super sweaty feet. If there was a Hall of Fame for Layla sets, this one would be in there easily.



1. Abby
Debuted: 2005
# of sets posed for in 2007: 7

For being the woman who got this whole foot fetish photography thing rolling back in the late-90's when we dated each other, Abby took a couple of years to really make a splash on Soles of Silk. I didn't have her shooting when the site launched in 2004. Instead, she came a year later and we'd shoot here and there over the years.

In 2007, however, Abby shot a number of photos and even helped me land Tiff and Taylor. She did sets with both of them as well, which really helped make her set count rise. Sadly, however, my original foot model from my teenage years, only appears once on the Star Model lists (as of 2017).

Thanks for joining me on this stroll through Soles of Silk's history. I always aim to give my models as much credit as possible. Without them, Soles of Silk wouldn't be what it is. Please be sure to check out the next retroactive installment where I cover 2008's Star Models.

Retroactive Star Model Leader Count (as of 2007)

This portion of the blog was added in November 2017 when I went back to do the Star Models of years past (2004-14). I wanted to see which models made the most appearances throughout the years and who actually shot the most, well, the most? Wanting to know this information, I decided to share the results at the conclusion of these blogs as they progress. I will include this on each and every installment moving forward.

Most Overall Appearances
  • 2 appearances - Madison (2004, 2006), Kellie (2005, 2006), Molly (2005, 2006), Layla (2005, 2007)
  • 1 appearance - Lauryn (2004), Lisa Tyler (2004), Sue Lovely (2004), Kimmie (2005), Wendy (2006), Lexi (2005), Abby (2007), Mindee (2007)

Most Overall 1st Place Appearances

  • 2 appearances - Kellie (2005, 2006)
  • 1 appearance - Madison (2004), Layla (2005)
Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments