Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - My 10 Favorite Sets: 2010

At the end of 2013 I decided to make a blog entry titled, My 10 Favorite Photo Shoots of 2013. It was the first time I ever took a look back to pick my favorite sets from a calendar year. I planned on doing it again here for 2014, but then I began to think about doing it for years past to further go along with this year being the site's 10th year online. I thought it might make for a fun little stroll down memory lane with some of the site's best sets with models who may or may not be posing anymore.

I'm sticking with the criteria I used for the 2013 favorites as a guide for this series. Only sets that were published during that year will be featured, regardless of when they were shot. I'm also leaving out Wu's Feet Links Feature Model galleries. Only the sets published to Soles of Silk will be eligible. With that said, let's take a look at my favorite shoots of 2010:






10. Blowing Bubbles

Model(s): Nikki
Published Date: November 10, 2010

I grew up with Nikki as a kid. She was the youngest sister of one of my best friends at the time. After I went to college we didn't really see much of each other, but thanks to social media, we were able to connect many years later. 


I mentioned the site to her and she said she'd give it a try, but said she didn't think much of her feet - even saying her sister always teased her about them. Well, her feet were simply adorable and this bubble blowing set was a fun one to shoot. 

I loved the playful attitude in this one, which had many great views of her slender soles. Needless to say, tons of people said her sister was VERY wrong in the assessment of her feet.






9. Wildwood Boardwalk

Model(s): Jamie
Published Date: August 4, 2010

I've had a few models who either posed on their 18th birthday, or within a couple days of turning legal. Jamie is one of them - doing so on the following day. 


We planned a day trip to Wildwood, NJ and this was the very first set we did. I loved the main entrance to the boardwalk with the beach balls, Wildwood sign, and dunes. Add in Jamie and her barely legal soles and it just worked! We went on to do several other great sets that day too, but for some reason I always come back to this one as my favorite from the day.







8. Gray Boots

Model(s): Aliza
Published Date: November 10, 2010

I just finished mentioning how I've had models pose within a few days of turning 18 in Jamie's post above. Here is another model who did just that - and to top it off, she did so on a day that was kind of chilly. Add in the fact that we were right by the water and she sure was a trooper! 


Having a thing for Asian girls to begin with, this set was one I was loving simply on that aspect alone. But this set has a lot more going for it as her little soft feet come right out of her boots - with no socks. The setting is unique and she just flat out looked great! She sure made a splash upon her debut too, so I wasn't the only one who loved it.







7. Old Window

Model(s): Carlin
Published Date: September 15, 2010

A few weeks prior to Aliza's debut I debuted another girl who was a smash hit in Carlin. I always had a "thing" for Carlin back in high school, but never really talked to her like that, or really at all, to be honest. Fast forward many years later and she's finally posed for Soles of Silk. 


We found this old run down smelting building in a park that was in ruins. Places like that lend themselves to unique photography and Carlin sure made it work! The fedora was her touch and one I really liked. Dirty feet fans also liked this one as her soles quickly got dusty from all the debris.







6. Getting Muddy

Model(s): Marcy
Published Date: June 9, 2010

It doesn't get any dirtier than this one! I planned a shoot with Marcy one week day and it was raining its ass off! With a small break in the rain, Marcy asked if I still wanted to shoot. I said yes and recommended getting her feet muddy as the opportunity was there to use. She agreed.


When I picked her up she was wearing jeans and a shirt that she said she didn't care if they got muddy. I said I wasn't planning on getting more than her feet muddy, but her response was that she was "getting all up in that mud." That she did!







5. Cousins & Candy Canes

Model(s): Marcy & Mindee
Published Date: December 22, 2010

Since Mindee and Marcy are cousins I had always wanted to shoot them together. This was the first time I got to do it and it was done to a candy canes theme. 


I'll be the first to admit, getting these two together on camera is a handful - and also a face full. I'd be hard pressed to think of a set where there were more shenanigans off camera (and even on) than there was with this set. And damn do their feet look so good together!







4. Garage Top Motorcycle

Model(s): Colleen
Published Date: July 14, 2010

Colleen debuted the year prior, but we only managed to get in one quick set. But in 2010 she did a few more and man were they great! 


This set was done on her motorcycle up on the parking garage of a mall. The motorcycle was 100 percent her idea and one I was ever so happy to do as well. I love when my models have suggestions or include things they like in their sets. I feel they're so much more into the sets if they know about it, or it's something that interests them. As you can see, Colleen sure nailed this one!







3. Trix are for Toes

Model(s): Cierra
Published Date: March 24, 2010

Cierra's feet and food have found their way into these lists a few times now. After doing two other sets that day, including the #2 set on this list below, Cierra and I went into her kitchen to shoot the Trix cereal set. 


Cierra poured the bowl of cereal and posed her feet all around and inside the bowl. Eventually the milk was also poured and the fun escalated quickly! 

As I said in the 2010 entry to this blog (see blog: "Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary: My 10 Favorite Sets: 2009"), this girl absolutely loves to have her feet squishing food. And when I couldn't think she'd do it any better than the cookie dough set from the year before, she does this. It might not have been as messy, but damn was it cute!







2. Crazy for Converse

Model(s): Cierra
Published Date: January 13, 2010

In the set shot prior to the Trix set above, #3 on the this list, Cierra posed with a bunch of her Converse shoes. She is a huge fan of Chuck Taylor's and pulled out only a small handful of the ones she owned for this set. 


In the set you can see her presenting above were my favorite of the bunch, and most colorful. That is one thing this set had going for it was the color, but when it came to the fetish aspects, it was even better. Sweaty feet, shoes, and Cierra's fun loving, and slightly teasing attitude make this one of my all time favorite sets of hers.







1. After Practice Socks

Model(s): Ginger
Published Date: September 8, 2010

It took me forever to get Ginger to pose, but I was able to get her to do this football themed set soon after her debut. She brought her own jersey and borrowed a friend's black shoes. I bought her the socks and a football and went out to a school to shoot. 


The original plan was to go out on the field, but due to a team practicing, we stuck to the bleachers. Sometimes things come out better than you planned as the photos I got in the bleachers were amazing. I easily rank this as one of my all time favorite sets I've done since the start of the site in 2004. 

Ginger really had fun with this and watching her kick off and play with both her friend's shoes and black socks was awesome. We did manage to go out onto the field as well for a quick mini-set I posted as an extra to this set, but the bleachers were where the magic happened.


Honorable Mentions (8): Mindee - Roller Coasters, Mindee - Flats, Marcy - Barely Legal, Layla - Stocking Size Tease, Kellie - Foosball, Jordana - New Years, Jordana & Briezzy Lane - Lotion, Jamie - Surf

So what photo sets were your favorites from this year? I thank you for taking a look back with me at a little bit of this site's history. These 10 years online have flown by so quick!

Comments