Monday's Shoot - Bobbie (New Model)

In the 10 years I've been running Soles of Silk I have shot mostly personal friends. Many of these friends were eager to pose, but not all of them. Some found reasons to why they didn't want to - just like Mindee when I began the site back in 2004. You all know her story and how she now currently has over 2,300 photos on the site. Well, today's model was like Mindee in that she claimed she hates having her photos taken and has so-so feeling about her feet. Her name is Bobbie

Bobbie wasn't 18 in 2004 when I began this site, nor did I even know her that long ago. She turned 18 back in 2010 and I've asked her about posing off and on since that then. I never thought I'd get a chance to have her modeling her feet, but my luck changed. 

About a month ago a group of us friends met at Chili's for dinner. Olivia was sitting between Bobbie and I while I was showing Olivia some of the Instagram (@SolesofSilk) comments on her photo posts.

"Olivia, you pose for Patrick's site?" Bobbie asked.

"Yeah, I do," Olivia replied.

"I wish you did," I added, addressing Bobbie.

"I've been thinking about it. I really have," Bobbie answered.

"I'd love to have you and you can even pose with Olivia, if you both want to," I told her.

From that conversation onward, Bobbie has shown an interest in shooting. We set a date not to long after that evening at Chili's. In the weeks that followed, I kept mention things to Bobbie, even going as far as talking about shooting again afterward.

"If you enjoy shooting, we certainly will have to do more," I said to Bobbie a couple of weeks ago while at work.

"Let's see if we're still friends after our first shoot," she replied. "I'm probably going to hate all of them."

Well, she did enjoy shooting today and actually liked some of the pictures. I don't want to get to ahead of myself here, though, so let's take a look at her first two sets.

I let Bobbie pick today's shoot time. She had some plans later in the day and I just had some freelance work to tend to. She picked 9 a.m. and although I'm not a morning person, I didn't mind at all. I've been looking forward to this shoot for weeks and probably would have shot at 6 a.m. had she wanted to.




In Bobbie's first set I wanted to keep things simple. Whenever I shoot a new model, unless she's been posing for other sites, or does modeling in general, I try to keep her first set relatively easy. For this first one I decided to shoot out on a boat ramp.

Bobbie wore an orange dress with a denim jacket for the set. I loved the orange/blue combination and even told her I've always been a fan of those two complimentary colors together. Of course a bee also liked the bright orange color of her attire, but he didn't bother us too much.

Bobbie also wore a pair of sandals in the set - the ones she was wearing when she arrived. I told her to keep them on for now and I'd just have her pull them off in the photos. She said okay and then began posing for her very first shots.

The boat landing itself wasn't too large and with the sun in the position it was, it didn't leave us a large amount of space to shoot. Still, we made the best of it and I got some great photos of Bobbie showing off those curvy size 8.5 feet. I didn't know she had nice arches, so that was quite nice. I made sure to compliment her on them. I'm sure you guys will all love them too.

As we were wrapping up our set I was explaining to her what to do for her first video clip. It was a good thing we didn't start filming, however, because as soon as I was done my explanation, two guys came down on the opposite side of the boat ramp. I didn't want to make Bobbie feel uncomfortable, so we decided to just go film it on a picnic bench in the park instead.

After the clip was done we went back to our cars. Bobbie changed into the outfit she'll be seen wearing in her debut set on July 2. That's right, she's going to be debuting during the week of the Fourth of July. Knowing this ahead of time, we decided do a patriotic set with her dressed in the Red, White, and Blue - complete with American flags and sparklers. 

Once Bobbie was dressed she tied a red bandanna into her hair and I loved it! I think there may only be one set on Soles of Silk that features a model with a bandanna in her hair, which is Carmen's Bridge Construction set (Sample 01 / Sample 02). So that was a nice touch.




For this set we made our way over to some bleachers. I wanted the ability to get right into Bobbie's feet as she played with the flags and the sparklers. Bleachers would give me plenty of choices for angles.

Once again Bobbie began the set in shoes - this time her gray Vans. I thought about just having her go barefoot in this one, but I'm a sucker for girls in sneakers without socks and the chance presented itself. So yeah, I took it.

Bobbie's Vans didn't stay on long, however. Little American flags found their way between her cute little toes instead. And after waving those around for a few shots, she lit up the sparklers as well. Well, when the lighter decided to work, that is. We had the hardest time getting the flame to spark. It was either that or the sparklers were cheap and they didn't want to light.

After I did enough photos for the set we cleaned up our mess and headed back to our cars. Bobbie wanted to look through the photos, so I told her she could, but only over a foot rub. She laughed at me and said okay. I had been telling her for weeks she wasn't leaving without one.

I totally expected Bobbie to tell me how she hated every photo as she looked through my camera. Much to my surprise, however, she made mention of liking a number of the photos. She also said she didn't like some others, but at least she didn't hate all of it. She shouldn't have either as she did a great job and I'm very much looking forward to shooting her again - hopefully soon. You might just see her pose with some of the other models too. She's friends with a number of the other models, so there are a few different possibilities. 

Thank you for posing, Bobbie. I'm glad you had a good time and want to pose those cute feet of yours again. I'll be waiting! And once again, a foot rub will be a must!

Comments