Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - 2006

Past favorite, Wendy, made her Soles of Silk debut in 2006.

2006: Quick Glance


Debuting Models: (8) Andrea, Bethany, Danaya, Jordana, Kelsey, Kerri Taylor, Tiffany, and Wendy

Wu's Feetlinks Feature Gallery: none


I met Bethany through Molly while on vacation.

2006: The Year in Review


In 2005 Soles of Silk saw 18 models debut, showing their feet to the world. While 2006 didn't have has many girls (8), it did mark the return of two models from The 10 Little Piggies days and the debut of three girls who have since went on to join the 1K Club. it was a solid year and one that was memorable for so many reasons.

If you've been following this blog, you may have read my recent blog titled, "Getting to Know... Wendy." In it I went into lengthy detail about meeting Wendy and being teased by her size 8 feet in our days attending art school together. I also said how she continued to pose for me once we both transferred to different schools and how she is still my friend today. Well, 2006 marked the first time Wendy showed off her feet on Soles of Silk. At that point she was no stranger to me taking pictures of her feet, so she knew exactly what I wanted. And speaking of wanting, as soon as she made her Soles of Silk debut, all her fans from the past were saying how much they missed her. They hoped to see a lot more of her in the future. Well, they certainly have! Wendy is one of the girls in the 1K Club and is a constant muse for my camera.

The second model to make her return, and who had as much fanfare was Andrea. Andrea was the girl who posed for more photos than any other in the days of The 10 Little Piggies. She even passed Abby by the end of the site's lifespan. Sadly, however, her time with Soles of Silk wasn't as plentiful. Due to some changes in life, she decided that she'd no longer be posing. I understood and wished her the best of luck, although I've been missing her spunky attitude and adorable little feet ever since.

When it comes to longevity, 2006 introduced three models whose feet have seen a ton of camera time. I already mentioned Wendy above, but the two other models have also left their foot prints all over Soles of Silk. The first is Kelsey, a friend and coworker who posed her feet a day after turning 18. She would have posed those thick soles and plump toes on her 18th birthday, but she had some family plans. The very next day, however, I had a cake waiting for her and her feet were waiting to smash it! (Sample 01 / Sample 02)

The third model to make it into the 1K Club from the class of 2006 is Jordana. She was someone who was already posing elsewhere, including some other foot fetish sites. We decided to meet and get her feet introduced to the Soles of Silk fanbase and I fell in love with her cute little feet instantly. She also fell in love with my foot rubs just as quickly. Since then we've made sure to try to shoot on a regular basis, which earned her a spot in the 1K Club a couple of years ago.

During 2006 Jordana would not be the only model to debut who was also featured on other foot fetish sites. In the early spring I'd shoot the first Ebony model for the site and man, did I love her feet! Danaya debuted and was an instant hit. I had hoped to have her as a regular on the site, but due to a computer crash and losing all my contact information, I was never able to reach out to her again. It would be awesome to find her and get her back after all these years!

A couple of months later I met Kerri Taylor. She and Layla  both posed for Soles of Silk on a nice warm day. Kerri was also shooting for Layla's former site, so we both got in some content with her.

Getting my first Ebony model was great for 2006, but so was getting the second. Tiffany was also referred to me by the same photographer and web master who put me in touch with Danaya. Tiffany was very sweet and fun to shoot, but much like Danaya, she posed for two sets and her contact information was lost when my old computer crashed.

And then there was Bethany. Bethany didn't come to me from another site, or wasn't a personal friend of mine. She actually was a friend of Molly's who came by while we were hanging out on vacation. Molly told her about Soles of Silk and the very next day I was shooting her in a bikini, school girl outfit, and even squishing cupcakes between her feet. She went on to do a couple of other sets, including the 2007 Christmas Stockings set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) that also featured Molly, Madison, and Lauryn.

Since only eight models debuted in 2006, that meant a lot of the existing girls were wiggling their toes and baring their soles each and every week on the site. They provided so many memorable sets that fans just loved!

One of the biggest contributors in 2006 from the existing model roster was Madison. For years Madison's long narrow soles made constant appearances on Soles of Silk and 2006 was one of them. Madison's infamous Oreo Cookie set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) was one of the messiest sets I've ever shot. But perhaps one of my all time favorites from the early years was when she peeled off her tennis shoes and socks in her Sweaty Track set (Sample 01 / Sample 02). Madison was always so cool when it came to letting me massage and sniff her feet, especially when they were sweaty. She seemed to really enjoy when I'd be at her feet at their smelliest, or when moist from sweating. So needless to say, the track set was special to me.

Another one of the models who owned 2006 was Layla. It didn't take us long to become friends, so I found myself shooting her perfect feet on a regular basis. We actually shot so many sets each time that it took me forever to get them up - rotating all the models and themes as best I could. Still, Layla made her way into six updates in 2006.

Both Kellie and Kimmie were also a big part of 2006 - with Kellie posing for a few more set than her twin sister. Still, both twins were massively over with the fans, which led to Wu of Wu's Feetlinks asking me to do the first, and I believe only, two girl feature set. The set itself he wanted for 2007, but the seeds were planted in late 2006. I'll go into more detail on this in the next installment of this blog series, however.

Molly's big feet were, uh, big in 2006. The day she introduced me to Bethany we had shot numerous sets at the beach. Five sets featuring her size 11s found their way online over the course of the year.

Many other models from the previous two years also made appearances, doing some memorable sets. Girls like Abby and Cierra made sure their fans stayed happy, while I posted updates of the likes of Lexi, Sara Swirls, and Precious with the many sets we had already shot.

Overall 2006 was one solid year. While it didn't have as many new feet debut as the year prior, what it did offer was just as good. Whether the models were brand new, or existing ones from the two previous years, there was a lot of great sets and fun times from 2006. But the following year, 2007, was also full of some great memories - ones I'll share in the next installment of this Anniversary Series.

Kelsey posed the day after turning 18, smashing her birthday cake.

2006: Tidbits & Facts


- The four girl set featuring Madison, Molly, Lauryn, and Bethany from 2006 was the last time I've had four girls in front of the camera at the same time. The most I've had since then was three.

- Wendy's first set for Soles of Silk was done in a sculpture garden at an art museum. I came up with the idea based on us meeting each other in art school.

- Mindee didn't have a single update in 2006 due to being pregnant for most of the year.

- Madison's Soapy Sink set was featured on the site's splash page for years before being replaced by the one currently in use.

- Molly had more sets published in 2006 than any of the other years.

- Precious had a shoot published on a ferris wheel in 2006 and could officially be declared the first set I ever did at, or around an amusement park.

- When Cierra and I planned to do the set of her squishing a watermelon with her feet, we got all the way to the park and realized we forgot to buy one on the way.

- Both Jordana and Danaya did sets with my old iBook computer.

- While shooting Wendy at a park, a man in Native American attire, who looked to be some kind of tour guide, kept following us around.


Jordana debuted in a school girl set.

Comments