The Soles of Silk 2014 Wish List

Now that 2013 is over and done, it is time to look forward to 2014. I have a lot of existing content ready to go over these cold winter month that you're all going to love. But when spring comes closer, I'm going to be itching to pull the camera out and have lots of bare feet in front of me.

Once the piggies come out to play, there are so many things I'm looking forward to. Some things I'm already planning, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed on some others. So... onto the wish list!



Megan Jones is the site's newest model.


Wish #1: Debut 10 new models in 2014



Since the Soles of Silk is celebrating its 10 year anniversary this year my aim is to debut 10 new models throughout the course of the 2014. Megan Jones just debuted with the New Year's update, so the count already stands at one. I originally had a friend of mine slated to do a New Year's set, but that fell through. I bumped Megan's set up for the New Year, but that leaves me minus one new model I was planning on having only a couple months ago. 

I do have other potential hopefuls lined up for once I begin shooting. Ryan has put me in touch with a couple of friends who both said they'd love to pose for the site. I was introduced to them so late in 2012, however, that I told them we'd have to wait until 2014. Since that time I came up with the idea to debut 10 new models, so waiting will actually help me out with accomplishing this goal.

There are a few other potential girls I'm looking to ask this year, but I think I'm going to have to take to Twitter and asking some friends to see if any of their friends would like to pose.



Will Katie make a return in 2014.

Wish #2: Bring back 10 models who haven't posed in over a year



In 2013 I had three models make returns who had not posed for several years. Mindee was able to get Marcy and Mariah to come back and Kelsey finally got her soft soles back in front of the camera again. With all three receiving warm welcome backs, I thought it would be a good idea to try and get some of the others to return as part of the 10 year anniversary year this year.

Getting 10 models back might be a reach, but I've already mentioned the idea to a few girls. If they haven't posed for more than a year, I'm counting it as a return. Of course some of these girls have had sets published recently, but that's only because I milked out posting their sets knowing how hard it is to get them to pose. So far I've secured a few models and am in talks with others.

Later this month the much loved twin sister duo of Kimmie and Kellie will mark both of their returns - as well as their first ever set together in many years. I've also talked with the likes of Carlin, Cierra, Jordana, Katie, Kayleigh, Lady Steph, Mileena, Sara Swirls, and Taylor about shooting again.



Cousins: Mindee, Marcy, & Mariah.

Wish #3: Finally shoot Mindee, Marcy, and Mariah together


Now that Marcy and Mariah have returned to Soles of Silk I want to get them to pose with Mindee in a three model set. We've talked about some ideas, but first and foremost is an M&Ms themed set. With all three girls having names that begin with the letter "M," it only makes sense. Of course, having all three of these girls together at once will hopefully result in more than just one set. Maybe I can get pair off each girl with the others in two-girl set combos as well.



Wu's Feetlinks will see Olivia featured in 2014.

Wish #4: Come up with another great Wu's Feature set idea


You're reading it here first: Olivia is slated to be the Soles of Silk Wu's Feetlinks feature model for 2014. To keep with tradition, we're trying to come up with something unique to match years past. We have some time, but I'm sure whatever it is we come up with, Olivia is going to make it work. She's been getting better and better with each set we shoot. I'm so happy to have her join the following models as the site's feature girls: Carmen, Kimmie, Kellie, Madison, Cierra, Mindee, Ryan, Kayleigh, and Aspen.



The newly redesigned splash page graphic.


Wish #5: Begin redesigning the site


For years I've been wanting to redesign the site. I know I can do better, but I also want to do it right. When I attempted to do some reworking of another site I've done as freelance on the side, I found that some of the techniques I was taught are ways of the past. Once I learn some of these new processes I will start work on the overall redesign. Until this redesign takes hold, I'm currently working on sprucing up bits and pieces of the site. 

Comments