Wednesday's Shoot - Kelsey

Talk about long overdue! Kelsey had not shot a single new photo since the end of 2023. She's been busy with life, work, and family and although we constantly talked about shooting, we just couldn't find the time. Well, now we have. And best of all, we're going to shoot again tomorrow. Before that happens, let's take a look at the three we did earlier today. Just be sure to come back here Thursday night to see what else we got into.


Set 1: Cryptid Hunter

About a month ago I pitched an idea to Kelsey for a cryptid themed set for Halloween. If you're not sure what a cryptid is, think Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Mothman, etc. Basically, creatures that people claim to have seen, but have never been proven to exist.

I went online and ordered a bunch of cryptid themed items and tossed Kelsey my old 35mm camera. We went out to the woods, shooting next to an old covered bridge. She made use of all the props and even a jack-o-lantern that was on the bridge's fencing. We think the nearby park staff placed them by the bridge as that wasn't something we brought with us.

Did she see any cryptids while shooting this set? I'm not sure. I know I didn't. I was too busy looking at those pillowy soft soles. Can you blame me? It had been almost a year since I saw them. All kidding aside though, this was a cute theme in a scenic spot.


Set 2: Purple Sneakers

One of the last shoots Kelsey' did last year had her sitting behind a huge pile of sneakers that had she wore in sets the last couple of years. I thought it would be a neat theme and pay homage to so many sets that came before. That is her last remaining set of 2023 that I have yet to publish, but you can see it in the Soles of Silk header on X (@SolesofSilk).

Since doing that shoot, Kelsey has some new sneakers and also knew I'd want her to wear them. Without socks, of course. So there she was, sitting on wooden bleachers, kicking off those purple shoes like she's done with countless of pairs of sneakers in the past. And as always, I loved every second of it.

Tomorrow Kelsey said is bringing another new pair of sneakers to use in a set. I guess I'll have to post that sneaker pile set soon, huh? Kelsey is already working toward a second pile. I'm all here for it!


Set 3: Sparkly Silver Sandals

We ran into a bit of an issue trying to find somewhere to shoot our final set. I was running short on time, but I really wanted to do a third set. The sun light was harsh, so we were limited in what directions we could use. There wasn't enough clouds in the sky to help us either, so we walked the area a few times.

At first we decided to shoot in a shaded spot next to an old building. We did about 10 photos and then realized someone was in a car sitting right next to us. When I was younger, I wouldn't have cared and kept on shooting. These days, however, not so much. I feel like everyone is nosey and wants to be in your business. Even though the person didn't interact with us, we decided to move. We found a bench in front of some trees that poked out into the light just enough to work. 

In this set Kelsey wore a pair of silver strapped sandals that I knew would sparkle like crazy in the sun. Just look at them in the photo above and that's one of the tamer photos when it comes to the amount of sparkle I was able to capture.

I'm so happy that Kelsey and I were able to finally find time to shoot again. With tomorrow's plans and potentially more camera time being planned for next week as well, you should be seeing a lot more of this gal pal of mine. We've even been tossing around a bunch of fun ideas for some indoor sets to do in November and December too. So yeah, I guess what they say is true. "Better later than never." They obviously must have been talking about foot photos with Kelsey when whoever "they" is uttered that phrase.


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 15 years of foot fetish content!


Comments