Dream Duos #9 - Carmen & Carlin

Welcome to the ninth installment in an ongoing blog series here on the Soles of Silk Blog. In this series I take a look at two models on the site who I'd love to see shoot together someday.



Carmen (left)
Shoe Size5.5
DebutJanuary 19, 2005
# of Photos on Site515
Other Models Shot With: N/A

Carlin (right)
Shoe Size6.5
Debut: September 15, 2010
# of Photos on Site615
Other Models Shot With: N/A

Talk about a Dream Duo - one that I wanted to do shortly after Soles of Silk's debut when Carmen joined the site. Yes, I know, that's five years before Carlin would ultimately come to the site. I'm sure you have questions, so let me explain.

You see, I knew Carlin back in high school. We weren't close or anything, but I sure did think she was cute. My friend, Ryan, knew I had the hots for her back then since I told him how cute she was a few times. Once I graduated, however, that was pretty much the last I saw of her.

Jump forward a couple of years and Carmen was hired at my workplace. During her time there, we became close and I adored her immensely. She was one of my go-to female friends for advice. During that friendship I happened to learn that she was good friends with none other than, Carlin.

When I began planning Soles of Silk in summer of 2004, I asked Carmen to shoot. She turned me down. Her boyfriend at the time, wouldn't let her do it. In 2005, however, she finally left him and came to me right away to join the model roster. We actually shot outdoor shots in January because she wanted to be on the site so bad.

Carmen would instantly become one of the site's most popular models upon her debut. She was also picked to be in the site's first Wu's Feet Links feature set in 2005, "Blue Jeans & Toes." That feature set was what I deemed as being the site's most important set of the first 15 years in a recent blog titled, "15 Year Celebration - 15 of the Site's Most Important Sets (2004-19)."

It was not shocking for me to see how much fun Carmen had shooting for the site. Before I knew it, she was wanting to do more sets and was even part of the site's very first, four model set, which also featured the identical twins, Kimmie and Kellie, along with Cheri, who was making her debut in that very set. That was an awesome set, but it had me thinking. It had me thinking that Carmen and Carlin would make for a great team up. One problem, Carlin wasn't modeling for me.

When I asked Carmen to see if Carlin would be up for shooting for the site, my dream came crashing down. Carlin was not able to shoot, much like Carmen wasn't in 2004. I was sad, but moved on.

After that sad news, I got more sad news when Carmen would move away for a bit. We lost touch and it looked like I wouldn't be shooting with her any longer. Then she came back to the region for a bit and we got in a couple of sets. Then just like that, she was gone again, but much further away.

That's when the unexpected happened. Carlin reached out to me and said she was able to shoot. Things had changed in her life and she wanted to give Soles of Silk a try. We met up and she was so nervous about shooting. I kept assuring her that she was doing great because I wanted her to enjoy what she was doing. I still found her as beautiful as I did back in my younger years, so I was hoping she'd want to keep doing more sets in the years to come.

While Carlin and I did meet up a few times to shoot, sadly we have not shot as much as I would have hoped for. Even today, we talk from time to time about getting in something new. She still seems interested, but we just don't. I hope she isn't just entertaining my wishes so I don't feel bad if she's decided to move on from it. I'd understand if that were the case. I just know she did have fun shooting for the site and did some amazing sets.

As for Carmen, much like Carlin, I have been in touch with her in recent months. I asked her to take part in a 15th Anniversary Interview for the site since she was so important in its history. She said she wanted to do it, but finding the time to really put some effort into the questions had been hard. Carlin, who also was supposed to take part in her own interview, seems to have had similar issues. If/when these two finish them up, you best bet I'm still adding them to the site. I love both these ladies and what they've done for the site. I wish both were still local and shooting, and above all else, I wish I had dozens of teams up with these two good friends to show for it. I'm sure they would have been some of the most fun sets to appear on the site, had that been the case.

Carmen... Carlin... I miss you both and hope one day we can shoot again. This duo idea might always remain a dream, but I've had a few of these dreams come true. This one, without a doubt, would be one of the most memorable...


Be on the lookout for future Dream Duo entries. Which two models would you most like to see photographed together? Don't hesitate to let me know.


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments