Monday's Shoot - Mindee (Monthly Shoot Challenge - April)

April is drawing to a close, so Mindee and I were scrambling to figure out when we were going to shoot some photos to fulfill the 2019 Monthly Shoot Challenge quota for April. We thought about trying to get in a few shots while out at an amusement park last week, but it was just too busy. With us running out of days, we then planned to shoot tomorrow, but Mindee instead asked me to shoot today. It worked out better for both of us and we got in two awesome sets!

With only a few hours to shoot, we drove to a large park that I have used a few times in the past. It's been a while since I have shot there and the park is plenty big enough to shoot in unused places. Which places? We didn't yet know. The only things we did know were the themes: smelly/sweaty and dirty.

Mindee's soles after pulling off her boots and boot socks.

First up on the day was the smelly/sweaty theme. I asked Mindee to wear some boots and boot socks for this set. Up until this point, Mindee has done a handful of sets with different kinds of boots. Today's set saw her tallest pair of boots to date and the first time she also wore boot socks. I haven't always had her wear socks when doing boot sets in the past, but when I did, they were always your typical ankle or crew socks. I really liked the look of the long gray socks and the frilly tops sticking out above her boots today.

The spot we ended up using for this set was one of the old batteries of an historic fort. It has seen better days, but the concrete structure and fencing gave the shoot a unique setting. We were able to shoot without anyone in the area, minus a few minutes halfway through where a couple of 20-something females came by talking about how they "hit the bong." Classic! We waited a few minutes until they passed. I'm just glad they weren't walking by when we decided to shoot the video clip. That would be just my luck!

Eww! Muddy Mindee feet! Hey, it was her idea...

For the second set, Mindee stayed barefoot as I wanted her to get her feet dirty. There was plenty of dirty and debris in the different areas of the park, so I thought walking around barefoot would do the trick. I didn't want her feet to be muddy, but rather dusty and naturally dirty. That was the plan, but plans change!

While we were walking along one of the paths, Mindee looked over and saw a spot that was just too unique not to use. It was a bunch of wooden stumps, pushed down into a flooded area. There was water and mud everywhere! I'm talking the kind that if she stepped in, she would sink down ankles deep in the mud, at the least!

Mindee and I walked around the area for a few minutes trying to figure out if we could make a shoot in this spot work. Luckily for us, it was an overcast day and the sun didn't really play a factor. I could move around as I pleased, as long as I wasn't going to be sinking into the mud too. Thankfully, there were a few boards out in front for me to stand and kneel upon in order to get a very awesome set!

I know muddy feet aren't everyone's thing, but this location and watching Mindee mush the mud between her toes had a certain fun, carefree appeal to it. She was laughing, saying how she was hating every second of this, but at the same time, coming up with different poses and ideas.

"This is worse than the snow," Mindee said.

I didn't believe her. I reassured her that she's my favorite I love her. She just replied, "Uh huh!"

Today was another one of those days where it seems like Mindee and I just ran out to do some quick sets and came back with amazing shots. That is something that has happened time and time again with us. Mindee even remarked in the car that she felt like we weren't prepared because she was only bringing boots and socks and she was already wearing them. Funny how that works out.

"I honestly think the best photos come from the last minute choices we make," Mindee said back in her 5K Club Interview.

With that being the case, I'll be sure to incorporate some random, spur of the moment shoots among the numerous other planned ones we have already talked about for 2019. I can't wait to shoot with Mindee again and know today's two sets will be just two of many awesome ones we do this year.

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments