Soles of Silk - 2013's Star Models

Beginning in 2015 I began naming Soles of Silk's Star Models, which was a listing of the three models who shot the most photos that calendar year. While putting together 2017's Star Model list, I began to wonder just who the site's Star Models were from 2004-14. That curiosity got the best of me and I decided to go ahead and retroactively name those star models in a blog series. I had quite a few surprises along the way too. (Remember: These are sets shot, not published during the course of the year.)

Having the knowledge that you do now, seeing who placed first in this year's Star Model list might come as a surprise. It's hard to believe that since her 2004 debut, it is only her second ever appearance as a Star Model and her first time topping the list.

Now, onto 2013's Star Models*:



2. (tied) Ryan
Debuted: 2011
# of sets posed for in 2013: 6

Two years prior, Ryan tied for first with Mileena in their first ever appearances as a Star Model. That was both model's debut year. Mileena, however, would go on to appear again in 2012, but that was not the case for Ryan, who shot only two sets that year.

In 2013, however, Ryan and I managed to get together three times and shoot some amazing photos. The photo above is an iconic one around Soles of Silk having adorned the site's header bar for years. It was one of two sets we shot that spring. A few months later we got together on a sizzling hot day to go ride some roller coasters and take some photos while strolling around the park. I would have loved to have done more photos that day, but it was insanely hot. Add in the fact that we rode a bunch of rides, neither one of us was feeling it by the evening. To finish up 2011, Ryan and I made a trip down to Georgetown and found some unique locations to use for three more sets.

I couldn't have asked for better photos than I got with Ryan this year. She always came through in every set that she did since her debut, but by this time she was just so comfortable in front of my camera. It sucks, however, that we haven't gotten to shoot since. I'll keep my fingers crossed that one day I'll be able to make it happen.



2. (tied) Megan Jones
Debuted: 2013
# of sets posed for in 2013: 6

I met Megan Jones on Twitter one day when I logged in to find a message from her. She liked my work and was travelling through the area. She wanted to know if I was willing to meet up and shoot. After discussing the exacts, we had a plan and I waited patiently to shoot my new model.

I will say that Megan was really fun to work with. She was super sweet and very easy going. We hit it off great. She joked around and make every set we did casual yet, amazing. We got in six sets that day, which probably could have been seven, but she knew how much I loved her feet in the black stockings above and had me sit there and rub them for a bit.



1. Mindee
Debuted: 2004
# of sets posed for in 2013: 9

Look who it is! Sitting here in 2017 it's hard to imagine her not running rough shot through the Star Models blog series. Here we are, however, Mindee making only her second appearance, with her first coming all the way back in 2007. That year she tied Layla with five sets for second place. Yup, that means that this is the first time she's finished first.

Mindee has been shooting since 2004 and is one of the site's eight debut models. She has always been someone I shot often, but fell just short a few times in prior years when it came to being a Star Model. Once 2015 rolled around, however, when I wrote the first official Star Model blog, Mindee has topped it every year since and is poised to do so by a landslide here in 2017.

Thanks for joining me on this stroll through Soles of Silk's history. I always aim to give my models as much credit as possible. Without them, Soles of Silk wouldn't be what it is. Please be sure to check out the next retroactive installment where I cover 2013's Star Models.

Retroactive Star Model Leader Count (as of 2013)

This portion of the blog was added in November 2017 when I went back to do the Star Models of years past (2004-14). I wanted to see which models made the most appearances throughout the years and who actually shot the most, well, the most? Wanting to know this information, I decided to share the results at the conclusion of these blogs as they progress. I will include this on each and every installment moving forward.

Most Overall Appearances
  • 3 appearances - Madison (2004, 2006, 2008), Layla (2005, 2007, 2009), Wendy (2006, 2008, 2012), Cierra (2008, 2009, 2010)
  • 2 appearances - Kellie (2005, 2006), Molly (2005, 2006), Mindee (2007, 2013), Jordana (2008, 2010), Jamie (2010, 2012), Mileena (2011, 2012), Ryan (2011, 2013)
  • 1 appearance - Lauryn (2004), Lisa Tyler (2004), Sue Lovely (2004), Kimmie (2005), Lexi (2005), Abby (2007), Lady Steph (2008), Jaylee Austin (2009), Charlee (2011), Kayleigh (2011), Aspen (2012), Nikki (2012), Megan Jones (2013)

Most Overall 1st Place Appearances

  • 2 appearances - Kellie (2005, 2006)
  • 1 appearance - Madison (2004), Layla (2005), Wendy (2012), Cierra (2008), Jaylee Austin (2009), Jamie (2010), Mileena (2011), Ryan (2011), Mindee (2013)

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments