Sunday's Shoot, Part 2 - Melani & Mindee

So, did you read Part 1 of this blog, or did you cheat and jump ahead? If you didn't read it, I suggest you go back and then proceed. Two amazing shoots with Melani happened and you owe it to yourself to check them out. I'll wait... 

Okay, back? Good, let's proceed!

Once Melani and I were done shooting those two solo sets in Part 1, it was time to make see a "dream come true," if you will. What do I mean? Well, back in April I began the blog series titled, "Dream Duos." In the series I pair up two models from Soles of Silk who are still actively modeling and give reasons why I'd love to see them shooting together. Well, today the pairing from "Dream Duos #1" happened. Twice! That's right, two sets with Melani and Mindee happened after Melani and I wrapped things up down on the water. But first, we needed to make a stop at the grocery store for a couple of important props. Let me explain.

You see, back on December 14, 2011, Mindee had a set published that featured her sticking her feet into some banana creampie pudding, complete with vanilla wafers and milk. It was an awesome set and in all honesty, is still one of my all-time favorite food themed sets. Well, when Melani was still looking to model for the first time, I was showing her some of the photos from around the site. When I told her about the food themed sets, I showed her some examples, and one of them was from Mindee's pudding set. Melani really liked it and I told her it's been so long since I did pudding, we could do another flavor. She said okay, and it was left at that.

As the weeks have gone by, however, an idea popped into my head. What if Mindee was a part of Melani's first ever food set, which just so happened to feature pudding? Mindee could show her what it's like to get her feet all messy. I shared my idea with the both of them and they loved it. Now, we just had to find the time.

When Melani hit me up the other day, I immediately mentioned it to Mindee. Luckily for me, she gave me a few hours of her day and the use of her dining room to make this idea a reality. So before we were off to Mindee's, we had to stop at the grocery store. While there, I also picked up some Cool Whip as I thought Mindee's feet also needed something all over them. Since she's already done the pudding, she can put that on Melani's feet and Melani can cover Mindee's in the Cool Whip. This was going to be fun!

It didn't take us long to get to Mindee's house, aside from a minor annoyance using the self-checkout line. I hate those things! Anyhow, as I had mentioned in Part 1, Melani's flip flops became a little faded from the baby oil and the dye wearing off. Well, after walking around the grocery store and sitting around Mindee's for a few minutes, I looked down to see Melani's feet were literally blue! She didn't believe me, but then realized I wasn't lying. Mindee showed her to the bathroom and I began to set up my lights. Just another funny little story I'm sure we'll all look back on and laugh about one day.


Mindee broke Melani in with her first ever, messy food set.

Eventually we had things under control and the women were ready to shoot. They took their places at the table and the fun ensued! I could get into so many "gooey" details here, but let it be said that I never saw so much sloppy food flung in different directions than I did in this set. These two were cracking up constantly. Pudding was on the wall, on clothes, and then Melani stuck her hands in it. It was getting everywhere. Even the clean up afterward was pure silliness. Melani almost went through the back window at one point when Mindee grabbed her foot. Melani couldn't brace herself against the wall because her hands were dripping with the pudding and Cool Whip just like her feet. She didn't want to mess up Mindee's house anymore than we already had. She's so sweet! This will also be another one of those stories we'll remember fondly.

Obviously this set took a while to clean up. Once things were done, however, we decided to do a second set. I had only planned on the one, but brought along a prop for a second just in case. I'm glad I did. I wanted more of these two together and I got it.

The three of us jumped into my car and drove over to a school. No one was around, so we sat down in the middle of the playground area. There was some hopscotch and other lines painted on the ground. We didn't care though because their four feet were about to meet a bunch of cans of PlayDoh.


Getting in a second set with both Melani & Mindee made the day even better!

Since the three of us were all hungy, we planned on shooting this set quickly and then getting some dinner. A few kids on bikes had other plans though. These kids drove their bikes around us in circles like vultures. I swear, it was like they were circling their prey. They came a few inches from running over my leg and the girls' hands multiple times. Adding to that, they had those noise makers on their tires that made them sound like baseball cards in the spokes used to when I was a kid. Yes, I'm old. Anyhow, Mindee was getting annoyed. I felt bad though because it was a kids playground, after all. Mindee saved the day, nonethless.

"Can you give us just five minutes, please?" Mindee asked. 

The older looking boy said sure and directed the other two off to another area. We were back in business. We figured we better shoot fast though because they'd probably come back in exactly five minutes.

All in all, they probably gave us 15-20 minutes before we saw them come back to our spot. By then we had already shot a clip and I was shooting photos as quick as can be. We wrapped things up and let the kids have their spot. Mindee even left the unused cans of PlayDoh for them since they did as she asked. She's such a mom!

And with that, the three of us were off to eat dinner. Mindee and Melani looked through their photos and loved all of them. I did as well and see many of you did on Instagram (@SolesofSilk) too.

After today's shoot I cannot wait to shoot either of these ladies again, especially if we can find time to do some more team ups. This duo was indeed a dream come true for me! Thanks for the great photos and fun day ladies. Let's do it again soon!


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments