Pre-Soles of Silk Time Capsule Found

The first design for The 10 Little Piggies after expanding my original portfolio site.


As many of you know, or have read about in various blog entries, Soles of Silk was not the first foot fetish site I had online. Originally I began with a small portfolio site that grew into a site that eventually became The 10 Little Piggies. Those sites were online prior to 2004 when I launched Soles of Silk.

So you're probably asking yourself why I'm bringing this up yet again. Well, yesterday I decided it was time to do some spring cleaning. I made a visit to my storage locker where I have some of junk - mostly to drop off more junk, but to also throw away some of what's been in there that I honestly do not need. 

When I saw my old Apple eMac sitting there I decided to find its keyboard and mouse and fire it up one last time before throwing it out. This thing hasn't been powered on for many years. I didn't even know if it would power up.

Low and behold the computer fired up. It didn't start up, but it came on. After a few restarts I was able to get to the desktop and began fumbling through its hard drive. In the websites folder I found three different folders for The 10 Little Piggies. I found the first ever site directory (featured above) that people will remember. I also found the redesign I was working on when I first decided to relaunch it just a couple of years before Soles of Silk. That version never made it to the web and was left unfinished. You can see how it would of looked in the sample below. The third directory was a teaser site called, The 10 Little Piggies Sampler. My intention was to launch that ahead of the redesign just to get people ready for it. I honestly don't even remember if I ever had the sampler online or not.

Within a few minutes of this discovery I grabbed a 4GB flash drive and stuck it into the side of the eMac. I wanted to grab all these files and put them on my PC. I still wanted to toss this old computer, but these files I wanted to keep. Sadly, however, the eMac didn't work well with the flash drive. I tried to drag and drop the files to the drive and I was getting about a 1MB transfer per minute - if I was lucky. With over 1GB of data in combined three website folders (plus a few other directories from some freelance projects), that wasn't going to work.

I grabbed an external camera card reader I had laying around and stuck a 32GB SDHC card in to the slot and gave that a try. Bingo! That worked and the files began copying over much quicker... well, as quickly as an old computer could, that is.

By the end of the night I was able to copy every file off the eMac as well as my old iBook laptop I had in my upstairs closet. I'm going to go through them and see what's worth keeping. But I do have a plan to share some of this old content with site members.




First up are photos. The Flashback section on Soles of Silk hasn't been used in many years. Scanning in old 35mm camera prints is a chore and one I was recently discussing with one of my members who asked about its status. Since the photos I found on the drive were scanned in ages ago, I'm thinking about uploading some of them to the site. They'd only be of the models who have posed for me since Soles of Silk was created, however. Those models include: Abby, Amber, Andrea, Kim T., Krystie, Madison, and Wendy

Three other models, not named above, actually also posed for The 10 Little Piggies, but never made it onto the site. These three posed for me as I was working on the redesign/relaunch and were going to be the focus of that site - hence their being featured in its design. Those models are Carmen, Kellie, and Kimmie. I did, however, put Carmen's first full set from The 10 Little Piggies into the Flashback section along with the first ones Abby and Andrea did.

The only thing that is going to suck about putting up these images is their very small size and the watermark having www.the10littlepiggies.com on them. Sorry, high speed internet wasn't really a thing back then, so yeah, pictures were small.

Next will be interviews. I was lucky enough to still have a handful of interviews from The 10 Little Piggies models - including ones from some of those models named above. I'm going to add those to the site without question.

As time goes on I might pick apart other elements of the site and focus on them as little retrospectives here on the blog. There's so much history that I just stumbled upon and I haven't had time to get in there and really look at yet. I'm still doing this spring cleaning project, but I had to take a break to write this blog. I figured you would all love to hear the news! Now where is that damn vacuum?


The 10 Little Piggies redesign that never made it online.

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


You can also find Soles of Silk on Social Media & Wu's Feet Links!

  

  

  

Comments

  1. Always a pleasure ��... I will be around for a while! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment