Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - My 10 Favorite Sets: 2012

At the end of 2013 I decided to make a blog entry titled, My 10 Favorite Photo Shoots of 2013. It was the first time I ever took a look back to pick my favorite sets from a calendar year. I planned on doing it again here for 2014, but then I began to think about doing it for years past to further go along with this year being the site's 10th year online. I thought it might make for a fun little stroll down memory lane with some of the site's best sets with models who may or may not be posing anymore.

I'm sticking with the criteria I used for the 2013 favorites as a guide for this series. Only sets that were published during that year will be featured, regardless of when they were shot. I'm also leaving out Wu's Feet Links Feature Model galleries. Only the sets published to Soles of Silk will be eligible. With that said, let's take a look at my favorite shoots of 2012:






10. Pink & White Lingerie

Model(s): Jordana
Published Date: January 4, 2012

It's been a while since I've last shot with Jordana, but the last day we did, we did two very sexy sets. This one was the first on the day and involved this neat white and pink outfit seen above. When she showed me the fuzzy sandals you can also see above, I was sold. Jordana really brought it with this set. It just oozed sexuality.







9. Manor Gardens

Model(s): Wendy
Published Date: October 3, 2012

When I shoot Wendy we usually shoot a bunch of sets all at once. This set was the final one we did one of those days in a location we didn't even plan on using. It was in the garden of a historic manor and no one was around. 


We walked out back and just loved the setting. Wendy kicked up her feet and I got some of the very best sole shots I've ever gotten in a set. With her yellow shirt and bright pink nails, this set certainly was colorful as well.







8. Sandals on the Pier

Model(s): Aspen
Published Date: August 8, 2012

On the day following her 18th birthday Aspen found herself in front of my camera - my new camera at that. This is the first set I shot using my Canon Rebel T3i and it captured my new model perfectly. 


We both worked split shifts that day and decided to go make use of the four hours we had off in between. She had been itching to do sets for the site, seeing friends like Ryan do them the year before. Well, Apen made her own mark quickly as people instantly fell in love with her and those thick soles. 







7. Historic Bridge

Model(s): Mindee
Published Date: June 20, 2012

Mindee did this set on my birthday in 2012 and I posted it shortly thereafter. I found the location on Google Earth and Mindee loved it. 


Little did she know that the ground wasn't solid and you could see straight to the bottom about 100 feet below. Needless to say, she was a little paranoid the entire shoot. Still, as she always does, Mindee made it one awesome set in one of the most scenic settings I've ever used.







6. Elakala Falls

Model(s): Mileena
Published Date: August 29, 2012

Talking about scenic locations, this one wasn't even planned on originally when Mileena and I made our trip to Blackwater Falls in West Virginia. We shot in several locations along the four hour-plus trip, which was supposed to end in front of Blackwater Falls. Well, the falls didn't lend itself well to photography with the landscape and walkways down to the falls, so we decided to check out a much smaller waterfall named Elakala. 


We walked down the steep hill and fell in love with what we found. Seeing Mileena show off her feet in front of the falls is something I'll never forget. It really picked up our spirits after Blackwater didn't pan out as intended. The sets Mileena did that day might have been one of my best ever shooting for Soles of Silk as you'll see another one of those sets below at #4.







5. Business Trip Pantyhose

Model(s): Mindee
Published Date: May 2, 2012

When Mindee and I rented a hotel room to do a few sets I asked her if she'd be game for doing one in pantyhose. She had never done one to that point and like everything else I've asked of her, she was ever so eager and agreed. 


As soon as I began this set I knew I had something special. Her feet looked amazing, tightly encased in the hose - especially when she was pulling off her black shoes for the first time. From that point on I was in constant awe of those stocking clad feet and still am looking at the photo now.







4. Western Maryland Railroad Station

Model(s): Mileena
Published Date: November 14, 2012

Even though Elakala Falls set was more scenic than this one, I just fell in love with this one done hours before on that same day. 


We stopped at the Western Maryland Railroad Train Station as one of the locations along the way to West Virginia. When we parked and walked up to the station I just loved the setting. There were older trains on the tracks and old architecture surrounding us. I felt like we went back in time and Mileena loved it too. 

Even though it was sizzling hot outside at this point of the day, Mileena kicked ass and showed off those feet like a champ. She even had a guy try to give her his number, so that goes to show you just how good she was looking!







3. Fantasy Football

Model(s): Olivia
Published Date: September 5, 2012

When I asked Olivia to do my annual football themed set I didn't know what theme I wanted to use. Along with football I try to add just a little something else to it. That's when I came up with the fantasy football idea. 


Olivia dressed from head to toe the colors of the home team and then let us gaze upon her feet as she did some mock drafts. The location we used made it that much sweeter too as I had painted a large Ravens logo on the wall of my friend's theater room. I told him when I was painting it that I'd be using it for my football set that year, which he had no problem with.







2. He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not...

Model(s): Carlin
Published Date: May 9, 2012

When Carlin and I arranged to do an all day shoot in a hotel suite I brought all kinds of things to use. When she arrived I showed her the Cinderella inspired shirt, the stockings, and rose petals and explained the idea for the set above to her. She loved it! 


After Carlin got dressed and was standing before me, I knew this set was going to be memorable. She looked stunning! And once the posing began, watching her tug on those stockings and rip off rose petals, it only reaffirmed what I already figured - this set oozed sexiness.







1. Christmas Fencenet Stockings

Model(s): Aspen & Ryan
Published Date: December 19, 2012

From the moment Aspen debuted on the site I teased the notion that her and Ryan might do a set together at some point. They're good friends and I knew with both of their immense popularity, this was something I had to do. I didn't wait too long either, getting them together for the site's Christmas set. 


Like a few other of the sets above, this involved stockings and some footwear. Both girls played with the other's stockings, even exchanging them and wearing one of the other's. I captured all the fun with my camera and before I knew it, I had one of the site's largest sets photo count wise. I just kept snapping photo after photo. Can you blame me?


Honorable Mentions (7): Nikki - Gazebo, Kayleigh - Wine Bottles, Jordana - Schoolgirl, Charlee & Jamie - Goofiness, Carlin - Bed Sheets, Amelia - River Rocks, Abby - Lockhouse

So what photo sets were your favorites from this year? I thank you for taking a look back with me at a little bit of this site's history. These 10 years online have flown by so quick!

Comments