Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - My 10 Favorite Sets: 2008

At the end of 2013 I decided to make a blog entry titled, My 10 Favorite Photo Shoots of 2013. It was the first time I ever took a look back to pick my favorite sets from a calendar year. I planned on doing it again here for 2014, but then I began to think about doing it for years past to further go along with this year being the site's 10th year online. I thought it might make for a fun little stroll down memory lane with some of the site's best sets with models who may or may not be posing anymore.

I'm sticking with the criteria I used for the 2013 favorites as a guide for this series. Only sets that were published during that year will be featured, regardless of when they were shot. I'm also leaving out Wu's Feet Links Feature Model galleries. Only the sets published to Soles of Silk will be eligible. With that said, let's take a look at my favorite shoots of 2008:






10. Pirate Fantasy Room - Hot Tub

Model(s): Jordana
Published Date: June 25, 2008

When planning a shoot with Jordana she mentioned a fantasy suite hotel she had used with another photographer. There were a number of different rooms, each themed differently. I looked through the rooms and really liked the one themed to Treasure Island and pirates. 


The room had so many neat things and I knew the hot tub would result in an awesome set even before I shot it. Add in the fact that Jordana brought a bikini with a skull & cross bones over her left breast and it was just perfect. The end of the set though... that was awesome. Having been in the hot water for a while, Jordana's already wrinkly feet had pruned up as well. Talk about adorable!






9. Billiards & Blue Balls

Model(s): Danielle
Published Date: June 11, 2008

Danielle had come back to Maryland to shoot with another photographer for another site and asked me if I wanted to come over and shoot her as well. The photographer was totally cool with it and Danielle and I made use of his billiards table while he was off shooting Barbie in the meantime. Of course Danielle grabbed the blue balls to use as a little symbolism as she was quite the dominant one!







8. Sweaty Shoes, Socks, & Soles

Model(s): Mindee & Cierra
Published Date: January 9, 2008

Four years into the site's existence it was great to get two of its original models together, especially since they are such great friends. 


Watching Mindee and Cierra pull off each other's tennis shoes and socks was nothing short of fun! This is also where I first really noticed how sweaty Cierra's feet are. I don't know how that eluded me for four years, or if it is something that began happening later in life for my small-footed friend. Mindee's comment on how sweaty they were totally embarrassed Cierra, but made me really take notice. Since then, it's become her trademark and one I just absolutely love. Another thing I absolutely loved was seeing all four of their feet side by side. Wow...







7. Stockings in the Kitchen

Model(s): Layla
Published Date: May 18, 2008

One thing I love about shooting Layla is her versatility. She can pull off anything, especially sexy! It wasn't the first set she shot that I'd deem as "sexy," but it sure was one that raised the bar! 


Her skimpy outfit and those black stockings had me in love with the set even before I turned on the camera. Once I began taking the pictures, the camera wasn't the only thing "turned on!" And once they were published, I'm sure that carried over to a good many people as well.







6. Blue Vacuum

Model(s): Madison
Published Date: August 13, 2008

Madison had a knack for turning the simplest set into a hit. I can't say I was expecting too much out of a set where posed with her vacuum, but she made it one I just loved in hindsight. 


There are so many great views of her adorable narrow soles and dark pink toes in this set. Of course she was a tease during the shoot, putting the long black hose between her arches too. That's Madison for ya - teasing me with subtle little hints all while making me gaze upon her feet.







5. Staircase Soles

Model(s): Barbie
Published Date: May 28, 2008

Shot on the same day as Danielle's billiards set above, this is the first set I shot with Barbie and the first one I published. This fun loving blonde has such cute little feet and the personality to match. And since she was wearing a skirt, fans of upskirt shots loved the few panty flashes in the set. 


I really wish I had gotten in more sets with Barbie.







4. Tailgating

Model(s): Wendy & Nessa
Published Date: September 3, 2008

A fan of the Ravens, Wendy wanted to do a football themed set in 2008. She asked me if her friend Nessa could also be a part of it. I said sure and we came up with the idea to do a tailgating theme. 


We used the back of an SUV, grabbed some beers, and the girls showed off their lovely feet with all kinds of purple and black paraphernalia. This was also Nessa's only set, which makes her the site's only model not to be featured in a solo set.







3. Sweaty Brown Boots

Model(s): Cierra
Published Date: June 18, 2008

It wasn't too long after I shot the socks and shoes set with Cierra and Mindee that I met up with Cierra to do this solo set. I asked her if she had any boots and she told me she did. I asked her to wear them, without socks, as I was curious to see how sweaty her feet would be. 


Well, she didn't have the boots on for too long, but her feet came out drenched in sweat. In some photos they literally glisten and in one particular shot, you can see a little puddle of it between her toes. 

After this set I was also able to get a few photos in with Cierra's feet all over my nose and face. Those were to be used for an overhaul of the Wu's Feet Links Interviews section. The plan never came to be, sadly, until after Wu's passing earlier this year - six years later. 

I didn't use the images from the set we did together afterward, instead electing to create the Wu's Feet Links Interviews Blog instead. Since it isn't actually on Wu's Feet Links itself, I decided to keep with the overall look of Wu's Feet Links not to cause confusion.







2. Tickle Me Elmo & Toes

Model(s): Cierra & Kimmie
Published Date: November 19, 2008

Cierra shot a ton of photos in 2008, many of which took longer than a year to even publish. This set with Kimmie was done after the set that made #1 on this list below. It is also one of the funnest two girl sets I've ever shot. 


Cierra's son was big into Tickle Me Elmo, as were many kids in 2008. Since I always get requests for tickling shoots, it made perfect sense to do this theme once Kimmie arrived. She was coming over after Cierra and I did the cookie dough set. Needless to say, these two had a blast shooting this one and I had an amazing time shooting it. 

When the shoot was done, the clips saw even more fun ensue. There was a book on the shelf about tickling, so I had each girl read out loud from the book as the other tickled her feet. Comical!







1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Model(s): Cierra
Published Date: February 20, 2008

As you can see, Cierra sure was a star in 2008. Four out of the 10 sets I picked featured her either solo or with another model. But of all the sets, this one was my favorite. 


Cierra fully admits to loving to stick her feet in food. She loves feeling it squish under her soles and between her toes. She has done countless food sets getting to the point where I told her she had to start saving some foods for other models. This cookie dough set, however, was one she did that is probably my favorite. That gooey cookie dough clung to her moist soles, since they sweat so much, and I couldn't help but scoop some off between photos and savor the taste. I'm a raw cookie dough fan anyhow, so having it off Cierra's feet might be the best thing ever! 

We ended up actually cooking the cookies for the second half of the set too. When Cierra's roommate at the time, Jessie, came home, she ate a couple, having no idea how we made them. Shh!


Honorable Mentions (7): Lady Steph - Pink Stockings, Kellie - Balloons, Kellie - Marshmallows, Keira - New Years, Cierra - Metal Fountain, Carmen - Bulldozer, Autumn - Thanksgiving Dinner

So what photo sets were your favorites from this year? I thank you for taking a look back with me at a little bit of this site's history. These 10 years online have flown by so quick!

Comments