Tuesday's Shoot - Kayleigh

It was only a few hours ago when I was eating at an Italian restaurant with a friend I haven't seen in a few years. This friend is one of the most dependable models I've ever had on my site and one that current ranks as 7th among all of my models for the most photos published to the site with 1,284. This model is none other than Kayleigh.

Kayleigh didn't waste time getting on the site, posing the day she turned 18 back in 2009. Since then, she posed regularly and I found her in front of my camera 19 different times in a three year span. And then she moved to Texas!

Needless to say, my heart was broken. I loved shooting photos of my small-footed friend. Although I had several sets of hers that I hadn't published when she moved to Texas, the idea that she may no longer pose for me did occupy my thoughts. The two sets I posted to the site of Kayleigh in 2013 were both shot in 2012.

Back to the present now. Kayleigh and I are eating way too much food for our bellies to handle. But you're here to find out what happened before then, aren't you? Of course you are! And yes, those itty bitty feet are back! I'd say back in a "big way" but there's nothing big about those size 5.5 feet! And that's what I love about them the most. They're just so tiny!

Now time to jump back in time yet again. Yes, this is probably feeling like a Quentin Tarantino movie at this point, so I apologize. Well, at least he's a fellow foot guy, so I'm sure he'd be fine if I steal his way of story telling. 

It's 4 p.m. and I'm just getting off of work. Kayleigh and I had planned our shoot only a few days prior and it was very impromptu. We wouldn't have a lot of time to shoot starting after 4 p.m., but I didn't care. I wanted to see her and those feet again. I knew all of you would too.

After picking her up we made a stop at Wal-Mart to see if we could find her some flats. A cheap pair for her to wear in a set since she had never done flats before. With so many sets with her in the books, finding a new idea isn't always easy - let alone when you're against the clock.

So there we are looking at flats. Practically all the shoes in the store were a size 9, 10, 11. There is no way they're fitting on those tiny size 5.5s. Finally Kayleigh finds a pair that are size 6. Close enough, right? Hell no! They were big on her - and not slightly either. To the kids section we were!

Once in the kids section we looked past all the Dora the Explorer and Doc McStuffins shoes and found some flats and canvas style shoes. We struck out on the flats yet again, but there were some canvas shoes in a size 5. Kayleigh slipped them on and... TOO BIG! Yes, a size 5 was too big. Size 4? Nope! She ended up getting a size 3 kids shoe! I'm not kidding. I made sure to take close ups of her in these shoes later on just to show you.

After buying the shoes we were onto our first location - a waterfront park under the highway. I found the park using Google Earth. I didn't even know it was there although I've drove on the highway above too many times to count. It turned out to be quite a unique location and Kayleigh loved the view.




We shot all over the pier for this one. She had her feet out, feet up, she laid on her stomach in the pose, and so much more. The set saw her in her sandals to begin, but she quickly tossed them aside, only to worry about losing them in the cracks of the wooden beams of the pier.

I ultimately loved the way the set came out. The only thing that caused some issue was the wind. You really can't win when you're posing out on a pier or a beach though. You do the best you can, or you tie her hair back. We just dealt with it.

When we wrapped up we made our way back to the car and tried our luck with another park we found on the GPS. It was also a waterfront park, but I wanted to stay off the water this time. The sun would also be going down soon and massive clouds were moving in, so driving around to other locations wasn't going to work.

After we entered the park I drove around the parking lot for a minute. That's when we saw a downed tree. We loved it and knew it would make for a good location. But then we remembered how Kayleigh had posed in a tree once before (Sample 01 / Sample 02). Oh well, that was an upright tree. This one was laying horizontal, split out at the base. It's totally different! Yes, that was our logic.

Kayleigh made a quick change of clothes and slipped on her size 3 shoes. These things are so simple, but damn, talk about adorable on her feet! That's when I confessed to her how much I just love simple things when it comes to girls. Ponytails, headbands, running pants, and shoes like these are all things I just think look cute. Kayleigh laughed, but understood. 

"Hell, I like feet," I added to prove I just like what most other guys don't.

"That's true," Kayleigh responded.




We made our way from the car and Kayleigh jumped up on the tree for some shots, trying to keep her balance. Before long, however, I had her sitting down and teasing us while still wearing the shoes. She pointed to the size 3 printed on the bottoms before giving them a tug, but just enough to show her round little heels. A few more tugs here, a few more tugs there, and those feet were finally bare. I made sure to keep her shoes in the rest of the shots though as I know so many of you love that. Hell, I do and a lot of it has to do with you guys mentioning it.

At this point the sun was going down and we wouldn't have time to get in a third set. This is when I asked her if she'd like to take a look at the photos on the camera... and look at them while I gave her a long overdue foot rub. I wasn't letting her get away without one - something I said a few times that day.

We made our way over to one of the pavilions and I handed her my camera. I reached into my supply bag and grabbed a bottle of lotion. Her feet were soft, but I wanted to give a little extra pampering to this friend of mine I haven't seen in so long. She sure didn't mind!

An hour or so passed and we decided to stop and get something to eat. I told her it was up to her when the foot rub was over because I would just keep going. She knows this as I've rubbed her feet in the past for more than three hours in one sitting. That wasn't happened this day. We were too hungry!

Now this is where it goes all Tarantino again as now we're back at the beginning of the blog... or is it the end? Oh, who knows? One thing I do know, I'm so happy to have Kayleigh back and we're already discussing when we're shooting next! So far we know we want to do either a pantyhose or stocking set as she's never done that to this point. Any other suggestions?

Comments