Changing Gallery Pages


Starting with the first update of 2014 I began changing the way I lay out the gallery pages for models and contributors. With Megan Jones being a brand new model and only having one gallery, you might not have noticed last week. This week, however, Mindee is featured and she has 30 galleries. I thought I'd take a few minutes and write a blog here to mention all the changes and ask you what you think of them?

The biggest change, and one that might throw you for a loop initially, is the fact that I will no longer be listing the galleries from the oldest (at the top) to the newest (at the bottom). For some time I've been wanting to change this. I know people don't want to scroll to the very bottom of every page to find all the model's newest content. Plus, with the older content having various image sizes, I wanted what's current to be available first and foremost.

The second change is found under each gallery's photo count. I am going back and adding the published date to each set. This will also help you find the newest sets in general.

Both changes will be ongoing. I don't have a diary of when each photo set was added to the site, but by going back to older calendars and comparing them to file creation dates on the FTP server, I am working on finding the date for each and every set. I already updated a few of the models that have very few galleries such as Ashlyn, Jasey Rae, and of course, Megan Jones. Mindee's, however, took a while. And while her model page is one of the largest on the site, I'm going to try and alter a few each week until it is finished. I will also be working on all the site's own models before going into the contribution section.

If you feel like checking out what Mindee's model page looks like with the current changes, the image below shows both. This is a screen capture of her entire page, so the image is quite large.

And once again, please feel free to offer me any of your suggestions on how I can better organize the site. I know it's odd to be asking this after 10 years of being online, but with a hopeful total redesign of the site in the future, your opinions are always valuable.


New Gallery Layout

Comments