Getting to Know... Amelia

I love seeing Amelia's toes spread wide!

Meet Soles of Silk Model Amelia


Model Statistics


Debuted: September 2012
# of Photo Sets: 3*
# of Photos: 192*

Foot Facts


Shoe Size: 7
Ticklish: Yes
Favorite Parts of Her Feet: Her tattooed toe
Favorite Nail Polish Color: Bright and unique colors
Favorite Type of Shoes: Sandals, flip flops, Vans, and Sperrys

Model Interview Quotes

"A person who works at Famous Footwear told me my feet were tiny and adorable one time." - Amelia, Modeling Interview

Short Bio


I have only done a few of these "Getting to Know" blogs thus far. Each and every one of the blogs has been about a model who has either been posing for several years, has a high photo count on the site, or both. This time around, however, it's time to tell the story of how one of my newer models came to pose her cute little soles. That model is none other than Amelia - who posed for the first time just over a year ago.

As I've expressed in the past, most notably in the "Soles of Silk F.A.Q. - Finding Models" blog, word of mouth has been huge in landing a good deal of models. So when Amelia sent me a random email telling me how she liked my photography on Facebook, I figured she must have been referred to me from one of my existing models. I saw we had a few mutual friends, most notably Ryan and Aspen, and all three had went to the same high school. I just figured one of those two told her about me and/or the site.

The next day when I went into work I asked Ryan and Aspen if they had mentioned me to Amelia, but neither had. So once work was over, I decided to go ahead and respond. 

I thanked Amelia for her kind words and asked if she was talking about my artistic shots on Facebook, or if she was talking about Soles of Silk  She responded that it was the artistic shots, but was also curious about the site since I brought it up. I'd be lying if I said I didn't purposely drop that in there to see if she might be interested.

I don't remember the details about the remainder of the conversation, but I do know she thought shooting for Soles of Silk looked fun. She said she'd love to pose for it if I was looking for new people. Of course I was interested, especially with how nice she seemed to be in our conversation. With that, we made plans to shoot almost immediately as it was already September and the weather wouldn't be getting any warmer.

When the day came for our first shoot, we met up in the morning. Amelia had to work that evening, so we were trying to get in two or three sets beforehand. After introductions I told her about a park a friend showed me that I wanted to use, but the second location, I said was up to her. This second location involved us walking through the woods for a bit to get to a rocky stream and I didn't want her being uncomfortable since it was our first time meeting. She said it was okay since the girls she knew trusted me. I promised I wouldn't go all horror movie on her in the woods.

After all was said and done Amelia did two sets that day. The first set we shot at the park was out on a pier with some very thick rusty chains strung from piling to piling (Sample 01 / Sample 02). Her second set, and the one I used for her debut, was out on the rocks in the stream (Sample 01 / Sample 02). I was very happy with those results, but that would be the only photos we did for the remainder of 2012.

During the winter and into early spring Amelia and I kept in constant contact. She made it known that she wanted to shoot again as soon as I was ready. I made it known right back that I couldn't wait to shoot her again.

Amelia was one of the first models I got to shoot with earlier this spring. We took a little day trip to a location I found doing a Google Earth search - an aquatic botanical garden. Amelia loved the idea when I shared some of their online photos.

That day, although hot, resulted in two more great sets. The first one was out on a scenic overlook on some mud flats. This set hasn't been posted as of yet. And the second set saw Amelia pulling a pair of pink and black Vans off her sweaty bare feet (Sample 01 / Sample 02). I'm not lying when I say that this set is one of my favorites from the entire year - and I shot a ton of photos in 2013. As a matter of fact, the second sample from this set adorned my computer as wallpaper for months and is currently the site's profile picture on Twitter (@SolesofSilk).

This day also marked another special little occurrence. It was the day I finally got to give Amelia's little feet a massage - and a long one too! At one point I told Amelia I won't stop rubbing until she tells me to. Laying down across the bench she mumbled that she wasn't telling me to. She then added it was awesome that I'd kept rubbing them without stopping for about an hour. I assured her if we didn't have more photos to take, I wouldn't have stopped. I also gave her crap for me being the second person to rub her feet that day. She got a pedicure prior to the shoot, but swore my foot rub was better. I told her I was jealous nonetheless!

As the spring ended and the summer came, I found myself very busy. I had so many shoots to juggle, along with a week long road trip, and countless day trips. The entire time, however, I made sure to stress to Amelia that I wanted her to shoot again before the fall.

With summer drawing to an end, we once more scheduled a shoot on what turned out to be a very hot day. We aimed to do three sets, and although it was hot, Amelia nailed it once again. She posed for three more amazing sets.

The first set of the day ended up being on a bridge over the end of a lake. Sweat poured off of us as we shot, but I get some great angles of her feet up on the bridge's railings and supports. The second set was on another lake, but was on a pier/landing. We had the area all to ourselves, so I had my camera all up in her feet, getting so many great shots. I can't wait to post this set (see sample above). And the final set happened at a park on the way home. We found some train tracks that went into a pitch black tunnel and decided to use it (see sample below). Talk about dirty soles!

With three total shoots and seven sets shot (three posted), I still looked to Amelia for yet one more set this year. Olivia had originally been slated to do a set at an amusement park, but was unable to keep plans due to some family issues. I asked Amelia if she'd be interested in filling in. She was very much into the idea as she loves roller coasters, but her schedule just didn't match up. Perhaps I should see what she's doing these last two weekends in October since the park is still open and I don't have any concrete plans. Amelia barefoot in front of camera and then some roller coasters sounds like my idea of fun! I'll be sure to hit her up and see. If not, that's something I'd still like her to do one day with our mutual love of amusement parks and roller coasters.


Photographer's Final Thoughts


It didn't take me an hour long foot massage on a hot day at the botanical garden to appreciate Amelia. I mean, that was super-dooper amazing, but that's not the point. I find it so fun to be around and do shoots with Amelia. It honestly feels like I've known her forever when we only met a year ago online.

I'm so glad she sent me that random Facebook message and am glad she thought posing for Soles of Silk looked fun. Not only did I meet a cute girl with adorable feet who likes being in front of my camera, but a friend.

With more than 75 models on Soles of Silk, I'm hoping Amelia becomes one of the regulars, not letting me go too long without reminding me just why I love watching those plump piggies of hers wiggle in front of my camera. No really... Watch a video of her doing it! It's so fucking cute!

Amelia found out that some of us love her soles VERY dirty!


* as of the date this blog was posted

Comments