Getting to Know... Carlin

One of the sexiest "Pose" shots I've ever taken for the site.

Meet Soles of Silk Model Carlin


Model Statistics


Debuted: Summer 2010
# of Photo Sets: 9*
# of Photos: 572*

Foot Facts


Shoe Size: 6.5
Ticklish: Yes, especially her soles
Favorite Parts of Her Feet: Toes
Favorite Nail Polish Color: Dark colors & soft pinks
Favorite Type of Shoes: Platform heels & Converse All-Stars

Model Interview Quotes

"The feet are very sensual and can be used in many ways. I love when a partner pampers my feet." - Carlin, Modeling Interview

Short Bio


Carlin's background is perhaps one of the most unique when it comes to how and when I got her to pose. It's a tale that spans 13 years and is proof positive that good things can indeed come to those who wait.

In 1997 I was a senior in high school. That year I took practically every art class you could whether it was fine arts, computer graphics, or photography. I had fallen in love with photography a year prior and one of my instructors had an ongoing joke with me that I was on a mission to shoot every pretty girl in the school.

Enter Carlin.

That year I can recall telling my friend Ryan a few times that I thought Carlin was cute. Since she was a few years younger and since I had zero game, I never tried to talk to her. But then there was this one day... 

I don't remember exactly what the project was, but I can remember seeing Carlin in the art department. I finally got up the nerve to say hello and I quickly used my art as a means to chat. I asked if she'd like to be in some of my pictures and she agreed. I was a happy guy.

However, for reasons I cannot recall, we never did get together for pictures. So I guess my goal of shooting every pretty girl in school fell short by one. I ended up graduating and really never say Carlin once I moved on and went to college.

A few years go by and I meet Carmen when she was hired by my job. While getting to know her I find out she's good friends with Carlin. Apparently Carlin had told Carmen that I had asked to do some photos with her having a shoe on top her head back when we were in school. To this day, I don't remember this "idea" for her shoot. I was, however, known for finding reasons to get my female classmates to be shoeless in their sets back then. So maybe?

A couple more years go by and I start Soles of Silk. Carmen poses for me and I ask her if she thinks Carlin would be up for it. At the time Carlin was in a relationship and Carmen thought the idea wouldn't go over well with her significant other.

In 2010, thanks to Facebook, I manage to have a conversation with Carlin. My photography eventually becomes a topic. She said she was a fan of my artistic work and also thought posing for Soles of Silk would be fun. 

During the summer that year I met with Carlin to do her first photos. The very first set we did was at a shopping area done to a shoe shopping theme (Sample 01 / Sample 02). I even had her do a photo with a shoe on top her head for a gag to say, "Hey, we finally did it!"

It was quite hot the day we did Carlin's first photos, but you would have thought it was cold. She was obviously nervous. She admitted that she didn't want to mess up my pictures and was thus, nervous. I assured her they were looking great. I knew she was going to be a hit before I even got the photos home to upload to the computer.

We ended up doing three sets the first day, highlighted by one in the ruins of an old building (Sample 01 / Sample 02). The third set was a little rushed and was done in a stream under an old one lane bridge (Sample 01 / Sample 02).

From that first day in 2010 through today, I've only been able to shoot with Carlin on three separate occasions. After work one evening in 2011 we shot downtown and shot two really great sets - one in front of an old train station (Sample 01 / Sample 02) and the second, in front of a water fountain (Sample 01 / Sample 02).

That day we said we'd have to get some more shoots in soon, but it was close to a year before we found the time to do more. This time it was Carlin who pushed the issue. She said she really wanted to try some artistic pictures along with the foot stuff. I pitched the idea for an all day shoot where we could do a handful of sets for Soles of Silk and try out some artistic ideas. The photos found at the top and bottom of this blog post were both done on that day, as was her Catwoman fan girl set (Sample 01 / Sample 02), her brownie mix set (Sample 01 / Sample 02), and a set featuring Nerds candy that I have yet to post.

You're probably wondering why I haven't posted Carlin's final set from that amazing day. Well, to be honest, Carlin is currently on her way to becoming a mommy for the second time. I'm happy for her and figured it might be some time before I'd be able to get her in front of the camera again. That being said, I would expect that set to be posted in the next couple months. I miss seeing her cute little feet on the site, so it's about that time.

While I really wish I have had more opportunities to have Carlin in front of my camera, what I have gotten has been stellar. After all, it took 13 years to get her the first time. What's a few more months for a new set?

Photographer's Final Thoughts


What do you get when you cross a comic book nerd, with a sports fan, that loves reading/writing, movies, and just so happens to be extremely pretty? I'm sure you know where I'm going with this, but you'd get Carlin. And on top of all those traits, Carlin is a sweetheart! I mean a true, down to earth, sweetheart.

I'm so glad I got to finally connect with Carlin after all these years and become her friend. She is just one of those super cool chicks all of us guys love. I'm just glad that this particular super cool chick also walks around on two charming little feet that she likes to stick at my camera.

Now if I could just get her to do that after she pulls a pair a boots off her feet, I'd be loving life. After all, according to Carlin, "I would have to say boot of any kind [make my feet sweat the most]. After a few hours my feet do get smelly."

I'm thinking I'll need a LOT of close up shots that day! And I swear to God, I better not have a stuffy nose!


Carlin spreading her toes in her sexy black stockings.

* as of the date this blog was posted

Comments