My Favorite Sets of 2020

For such a horrible year that 2020 has turned out to be as a whole, so many amazing sets made it onto Soles of Silk. Even though I didn't shoot much throughout the course of the year, I was sitting on a ton of unpublished work that was in dire need to get onto the site. Funny thing is, I shot a enough sets to push some of those back for 2021 still. 

So, between the unpublished sets I was sitting on and the new ones I was able to shoot in 2020, here is a look at the ones I found to be my favorites of those published in 2020. This list was the hardest one I've done to date, no question. A lot of the sets that made their way into the Top 10 I was switching around even as I wrote this. The Honorable Mentions below are sets I adore and felt bad leaving out of my favorites of the year. Hell, the next 10 or so sets I had ranked below these might have contended had I published some of them earlier and hot held onto them for so long. It was some stiff competition for sure!



Honorable Mentions (3): Princess Nikki - Kneehigh Sock Size Tease (December 23, 2020), Melani - Comic Heels & Nude Pantyhose (April 1, 2020), & Audrey - Emoji Socks (July 1, 2020)



10. Black Converse Staircase

Model: Alice
Published Date: April 8, 2020

Any view of Alice's big size 11's is always a treat. On a random day just trying to find a place to shoot, we settled down on a staircase between some baseball diamonds at a park. She was wearing her black leather Converse All-Stars and if you thought the normal material of Converse All-Stars made a woman's feet sweat without socks, then this was easily twice as bad... or is that twice as good?

Anyhow, Alice wasn't wearing socks, knowing full well I would have just asked her to take them off before we shot. Gotta love that about her. She knows what I like. So yeah, when those big shoes came off, her feet were slippery with sweat. No lie! My fingers literally slipped right down those warm, smooth, slender soles.

As you can see, between the background story of this shoot and the fact that it's a sub-genre of foot fetishism (smelly/sweaty feet) that I enjoy, this set already had some points going for it. What set this set above many of the other great ones that didn't quite make the cut was the up close angles I was able to get of Alice and her feet. Using those railings to prop her feet up onto allowed me get the camera right up to her feet. And yes, I could smell them. And yes, I also grabbed her shoes a few times for a sniff while I was there. Do you blame me?

By the way, since I shot this set, the photo you see above has been regularly in rotation as a wallpaper on my desktop PC. Talk about the next best thing to having those size 11's in your face physically...



9. 18

Model: Juliet
Published Date: October 21, 2020

Speaking of backstory behind a set, this one, featuring Juliet, was the first one she ever shot for the site. She made her debut in late October as the site's lone new model of 2020. And guess what? She shot this set above just one day after turning 18!

Trying to figure out a theme before the shoot, I decided to just play off the fact that she was turning 18. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to get complicated. I found a black shirt with a white number 18 printed on the chest. When I showed the shirt to Juliet, she said she has a pair of black and white sneakers that would match it perfectly. I told her to bring them along and leave the socks at home. Much like Alice above, Juliet has quickly figured out that I like them sweaty and a little smelly too.

Little did I know, this freshly-minted 18 year old would go on to love shooting for Soles of Silk. She seeks me out for shoots because she loves being in front of my camera and showing off her bare feet. You will be seeing much more of her moving forward on the site. And here's a little spoiler too, this isn't the only set she's in that made this Top 10 list.



8. Ravens Flip Flops

Model: Ava
Published Date: September 16, 2020

It had been a few years since I shot with Ava. We talked from time to time, but just never made plans to shoot again while I was still working at my former job. Once I quit that job and I felt a little more comfortable about shooting during this pandemic, I mentioned to Ava that I'd love to finally shoot the Ravens set we never got around to a few years ago. She agreed and said was excited to shoot again. So was I, Ava... So was I.

All I have to say is when Ava showed up for her shoot, I gave her one look and my jaw hit the ground. She's always been pretty to me, but she looked stunning! Like I said, it had been a while since we had seen each other, but man, she was looking good! I couldn't wait to shoot her and those big size 9's.

We did shoot a smaller warm up set first, again, a sneakers and no socks set. Funny how all my models seem to know I'm very much into that as a theme. It worked out perfectly and in many of the same ways that Alice's did above. That set wasn't published this year, however, so be on the lookout for that in 2021.

The second set was the much awaited Ravens set. I still had the shirt we picked out a few years ago and I had managed to get some other props to use as well. We made our way to some bleachers and the sun was starting to go down. There was still plenty of time to shoot, however, so we got underway.

Originally I was scared that this bright sun and long shadows might hurt this set overall. I turned out to be wrong. The warm tones that sun gave this set turned out to be a blessing. It made Ava's soles look oh so warm and creamy. Probably like all of her fans who got to see her first solo set since 2019 published to the site.



7. Black Sneakers w/ No Socks

Model: Jasey Rae
Published Date: January 29, 2020

Hey look! Sneakers and no socks. Notice a trend? I swear I didn't even plan this as I made the list. I just let the socks fall where they may - which means to the floor because all these ladies got their feet nice and moist slipping their bare feet into their sneakers without any socks. This time around, it's Jasey Rae and her super plump piggies getting nice and sweaty. And yes, I know I always use the term "plump" and "pudgy" at some point when talking about Jasey's toes. Why? Well, because they are and, pardon the language, because they're cute as fuck!

Cute.
As.
Fuck!

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, this is another set that was just kind of done on a whim and turned out way better than I expected it to be. Mindee has said for years that when her and I shoot, many of the random sets we do seem to come to be among our favorites. Well, that seems to be the case with Jasey as well. The thing is though, even the ones we plan out, like last year's Bubbles Playground anniversary remake and her Wu's Feet Links Cheerleader feature set from 2018 also came out amazing. Must be the model!

So yeah, in this one I just have Jasey up on the bed with a pair of low top sneakers. I know her super soft feet were getting nice and toasty inside those shoes, which was plain as day to see once she began kicking them off. I captured so many great views from this set and often have a close up of Jasey's feet as my PC's wallpaper. And since I have a big monitor, it makes those toes look thiccc as fuck!

Thiccc.
As.
Fuck!



6. Cumberland Fountain

Model: Alice
Published Date: December 16, 2020

Going from toes that are "thiccc as fuck," we go to the site's longest. Back to Alice we go. This set, which was published toward the end of the year, was one that I forgot how much I enjoyed. It was shot a couple of years ago, like a handful of the ones appearing on this list. So when I decided to finally publish it, I started looking through the set to prepare it for the site. That's when I knew that I was going to be having it on this list!

Yet again, some fun backstory goes into this set. We decided to shoot on a water fountain that we wandered upon while looking for a quick spot to shoot one last set. It was perfect, even though some evening shadows were starting to fall into the background from the overhead structures beside us. Then there was the people... oh the people.

Our little spot just so happened to be at a busy intersection. A traffic light caused numerous people to sit there in their cars watching every pose Alice did with those big feet. We gave them looks back from time to time and many would look away or down into their car, trying to act like we didn't just bust them staring at us. We also had some pedestrians too. We were right next to the crosswalk and the fountain happened to be on the more populated side of the street. A bunch of stores were behind me, leading to the fountain and a whole shopping district was located around the corner behind Alice.

While there are times I am not in the mood to put on a show when shooting, on this day, neither of us gave a crap. We just did our thing and I'm so glad we did. I got so many great views of Alice's slender soles and super long toes to warrant making this set among the best of 2020.



5. Indianapolis Canal Bridge

Model: Mindee
Published Date: March 18, 2020

See, it's just not sneakers and no socks that I like. Flats with no socks is so nice too, especially with Mindee. You see, way back when, in 2010, I published a set of Mindee wearing her black flats. She wore them to work that day and kept them on until I showed up to shoot her on her porch shortly after she got home. When she kicked them off, she was so embarrassed because the smell of her feet hit us both, and hit us hard. Naturally, I quite enjoyed it, but Mindee jumped up, stopping the shoot because she was so flustered.

This 10 year old story is one we still joke about from time to time when I mention shooting in flats. It's no wonder we've only used them in three sets in the over 100 she's done. This one above, however, is easily my favorite of the bunch. Not because of sweaty feet or smelly flats, though.

We shot this set while out during a little vacation the two of us went on. We were hitting up three different amusement parks in three days between Indiana and Kentucky. Our plane landed early Friday morning, so we had time to run around Indianapolis before going to our first park, which was the smallest of the three we planned to visit. This worked out to our advantage because I packed the camera and found us a spot downtown to shoot a few sets right after we picked up our rental car.

The spot I found was a canal. I picked out two spots to use and the second of which, was just under the pedestrian bridge you see in the background. Between this setting, Mindee's simple, yet matching attire, and her dreamy size 8 feet, I just loved how this set came out. The photo above is yet another one that adorns my PC's computer screen as wallpaper regularly.



4. Black & White Striped Socks

Model: Allie & Juliet
Published Date: November 25, 2020

How can something so cold turn out to be something so hot? Okay, some backstory here. Allie, Juliet, and I decided to head out one weekend and squeeze in some extra photos. We planned to shoot a duo set, which turned out to be the set above, along with a solo with each of them. All three sets would feature socks.

The girls both wanted to shoot something Halloween related, but I had already shot Allie's Slimed set, which was slated for Halloween 2020. Still, the girls said they were going to wear their matching Beetlejuice shirts in their set together. Looks like I had to figure out what kind of socks to use to make this work. When I found the black and white striped knee highs, I knew I struck gold.

Now, back to the "cold" aspect of this set. It wasn't the warmest of days when we decided to go out and shoot this one. The sun was also really harsh when we arrived. I made the call to use shaded areas for all three sets that day, but this set was done along a very long wall located just off the water. This resulted in us getting a nice cold breeze blowing right onto us. It wasn't like this on the other side of the building at all. It was warmer over there. I felt bad for the girls, so we tried to shoot this one fast. Well, as fast as we could having to stop to fix blowing hair between every shot.

With all that being said, Allie and Juliet modeled for an amazing set. The fact that these two are so close (soon to be sisters-in-law), kicked the set up a notch. The two of them had so much fun tugging off their socks and shoving them under each other's noses. Made me wish I was in the middle of the set so they could shove them under mine!



3. Shiny Silver Shoes

Model: Mindee & Kaycee
Published Date: January 1, 2020

This set has been a long time coming. A photo from this set has adorned Soles of Silk's splash page for a while now. It was shot the same day as my favorite set from 2019 (see blog: "My Favorite Sets of 2019"). I kicked off 2020 with this set and had a feeling that this duo of Mindee and Kaycee just might make the number one spot again this year.

Never having shot together, Mindee and Kaycee came across like they were the bestest of friends in both the shoots done on that day. This one above, featuring some shiny sneakers, had the both of them grabbing at each other's feet and tugging the shoes off one another. Yes, no socks were worn, but you're honestly not surprised by now, are you?

As I sit here writing this, I'm debating on whether or not to move this up a rank, maybe even two. I love it so much. It features two of the site's most photographed models and two of my best friends. But no, I fought myself enough over these rankings and I'm sticking to them.



2. So Much Lotion

Model: Mindee
Published Date: July 29, 2020

Hey look, it's a random set I did with Mindee that turned out amazing - earning the number two spot. Showing up to Mindee's house one day, we decided to just shoot whatever we felt like around the house. We did a couple in the living room and then went upstairs to her bedroom for the finale. What to do, however?

Since we were stumped, I decided to grab a bottle of lotion and give Mindee a foot rub. I stayed on the floor at the end of her bed. I wanted to be down before her with her feet directly in front of me. It just felt right. Then, it just seemed obvious!

Lotion!

I threw the bottle to Mindee and said, "Here's your prop for this next set. Use a TON of it!"

Mindee laughed and said okay. Little did I know she'd use as much as she did. Her feet were so slick and making squishy noises with every move. All that lotion looked great on her feet and globbed up between her playful toes. What really set this off, however, to me was all the black, white, and gray in the background. It really made Mindee's skin tone, blonde hair, and red shirt pop from the background. it really makes those feet feel even more in your face.

If you're wondering, this set also ended with a foot rub. I went back down to the end of the bed, but this time, I didn't need to add any lotion. I had half a bottle to work with on Mindee's heavenly feet.



1. Slimed

Model: Allie
Published Date: October 28, 2020

Little did I know that 2020 was going to turn out the way it did. One of the biggest positives of it, however, was the fact that I touched base with a model I had only shot once, back in 2017. That model was Allie.

I reached out to Allie to see if there was any possibility of her wanting to shoot again. Thankfully, she said yes because she totally owned this year. She's 2020's top Star model and was involved in some memorable sets - with two making their way on this year's Top 10. I'm certain some of her others, plus any new ones we do next year, will be in contention for my favorite sets of 2021.

The set above, my favorite of 2020, almost didn't quite happen the way it did, however. Guess in hindsight, my blunder of not brining the shirt I wanted her to wear in the set on our first shoot, was a blessing in disguise. That caused us to have to schedule another shoot, which was when we finally got to shoot the set above. Had that not happened, I really feel like the set wouldn't have turned out the way that it did.

Good things come to those who wait and good things came to us by waiting. The location we ended up using was the porch of an old house. This house, along with several others, are at a park I had been to before in the past. I remembered them looking a little "spooky," if you will. What else could you ask for when you're doing a set themed to the paranormal? Okay, well, it's more themed to foot fetishism, but we like to get creative too.

Ultimately, this set turned out amazing. I loved everything about it, even though the slime wasn't as gooey as I had thought it would be. Maybe that was a blessing in disguise though because it made for a different look than I intended. Instead of the slime just oozing everywhere, it wanted to hug Allie's itty bitty feet. You know, just like I, and the rest of you want to. Am I right?

I just feel bad for whoever found the slimy mess left behind. We tried our hardest to get all that bright green, stringy slime off the concrete. I'd say we got like 85 percent of it, but the rest just wasn't coming off.

I'm certain that some of your favorite sets made it onto this list too. Which ones of these did you also enjoy? How about sets I didn't pick? Any sets from 2021 that I missed out on that you'd put on your top 10 listing? Let me know.


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments