Monday's Shoot - Melani

Do you want the good news, or the bad news first?

Since I can't really know what answer you'd have for this question as I write this blog, I'm going to assume you said the bad news. So here it is!

Today's shoot location was about an hour, to hour and 15 minute drive. That drive ended up taking slight over two and a half hours! That's right, more than double what it should have. I tried some back roads, only to find those resembling a parking lot. Those roads had lane closures for construction, and everyone else jumping off the highway with the same idea I had. It was a mess!

Now, the good news!

I got to shoot with Melani again. Just a week after her debut sets were shot, she's already back in front of my camera posing her 18 year feet once again. She technically hasn't even debuted on site yet, shooting twice within this first week. Anyhow, Melani is on spring break this week and didn't get scheduled to work today. Since I didn't book anyone else to shoot, I pitched the idea to shoot again and make a day out of it. The plan was to try to shoot five sets, but due to that traffic, we came away with only three. But man, those three sets turned out fantastic!

We finally got to our destination and out of the car around 4 p.m. I knew we'd be against the clock if we aimed to shoot all that we had planned to do. In the back of my mind, I figured we'd end up doing less. As odd as it sounds, I wasn't really mad about it. Normally I'd be irked, but I don't know how you can be anything but carefree with Melani around. She's super sweet and very fun to be around. Any negative vibes are quickly replaced with positive ones.

We arrived later than we had planned, but got things underway quickly with this first set.

The first location we used was a wildlife preserve. I picked a spot where I knew we'd be able to shoot a few sets all within short walks of the other. With my car near by, Melani could swap outfits and we could try for as many sets as we could get in.

Melani used the same outfit she had on when I picked her up, what was now, hours ago. You might have already saw her sandals when I took a photo of them on my dashboard earlier. I posted it to the Soles of Silk Instagram account (@SolesofSilk). No, I wasn't shooting while driving! We were at a literal stand still. Melani even joked that we could probably get out and make it up to our Delaware location on foot faster. I agreed and told her that then her feet will hurt and she'll want a foot rub. 

"Let's do it, " I joked. Melani just laughed.

The wildlife preserve featured a boardwalk that created a large oval shape. It had a few overlook areas sticking out from the oval. We stopped along the way to use a few of them for the majority of this set. There wasn't too many people around, so we made good time getting this one in.

Once our set and video clip were finished, Melani strapped her sandals back on and we made the short walk back to my car. From there our initial plan was to do a set with Melani in a skirt, thigh high stockings, and heels. Melani, however, brought the wrong outfit, so we decided to save the theme for a future shoot. Instead, it was time for a workout theme with sneakers. No socks, of course!

I'm always a sucker for a gal's bare feet post workout. Can you blame me?

This set was shot about 100 yards away from the wildlife preserve, so we were really making good use of our time. I had Melani do a few standing and stretch poses before she sat down to kick off her white sneakers. She had brought them along the last time she shot too (see blog: "Monday's Shoot - Melani"), but we didn't get to them. Now we were, which made me happy. I love sneaker sets, especially when there are no socks involved.

When Melani had one sneaker removed I suggested the pose of smelling her shoe. She gave me a funny look, but said okay. I promised her within minutes of me shooting a version of the pose for Instagram, her fans would say how jealous they were, or how they wished they could have smelled it. She laughed and I was 100 percent right. Those comments came shortly after we wrapped up the set and video clip. I showed them to her once she was done changing clothes to do the next set. She got a laugh out of those quick comments.

Now it was time to do our third set, but we faced a little problem. Melani wasn't feeling the outfit combo she had because it didn't quite match. We decided to go ahead and save the set for a future shoot as well. Melani jumped back into the car and changed into another outfit instead. This one would go along with some special footwear I brought along for her - clear Converse.

These clear Converse made Melani's feet sweat and sweat and sweat. I loved it!

I had bought these shoes about a year to a year and a half ago. I thought one of my other models would wear them in a set, but she's been impossible to reach lately. Since Melani wears the same size shoe, I asked her if she'd like to wear them. She agreed and I couldn't wait to see her bare feet fog up the inside of those plastic shoes. It didn't take long for me to get my wish either.

Within minutes of Melani pushing her bare feet into these shoes, they began sweating. Clearly (pun intended), they're meant to be worn with socks. Knowing me as well as you do, however, you know that isn't how it's going to happen. Nope. Shoes and no socks is a theme I'm always looking to shoot. We just did one with her sneakers and I was all for doing it again. This is also a theme many of you request. Yeah, we're all weird!

For this set we jumped into my car for a short drive down to a near by shopping district. It was along the same river, but featured a more urban look. When we got out of the car, however, Melani shared that not only did she forget the dress from earlier, but a bra that would work with this particular shirt as well. Needless to say, you could kind of see some jewelry of hers and I'll just leave it at that. Well, for the blog anyhow. I teased her about it quite a bit as we walked around looking for a spot. That crossed arms walk was adorable.

Ultimately it was just too crowded to shoot in these locations. Had we been there earlier in the day, when people were in school and work, I'm sure we could have pulled it off. Since so many people were out and about on this beautiful day, and since Melani's lack of a certain wardrobe item might draw extra attention, we went back to my car. We decided to return to where we had just come from. I knew we'd be able to find a spot to make this happen, with a lot less people around. Only thing was, we were now running against the clock. The sun was starting to go down, but was out just enough to provide us light to get this last set done.

We wanted to shoot this set on some benches at the base of the walk bridge found in Melani's workout set above. Only thing was, people kept coming by to sit down on them. That would still put Melani in a spot where she might feel uncomfortable. That's when we saw the large rocks down below. They were made into seats for people to sit upon as they walked through the gardens. There was no one was down there, so that's where we went.

By this time Melani's feet had been in those shoes for a while. They were fogged up in several places, mainly along her arches and toes. I made sure to take a few photos so you could see that. I purposely didn't allow her to kick them off before that happened. I think she rolled her eyes and laughed when I told I wanted to go in for a close up of it. I also told her people were going to notice and comment on that when I did a shot for Instagram too. Once again, I was right on the money as it came shortly after it was posted.

After a handful of photos, I told Melani to go ahead and begin sliding her feet out of her shoes. That was easier said than done though, since they were so moist. Nevertheless, it was fun watching her struggle to yank them out. She kept laughing and I was full of jokes during the process.

Eventually Melani would get to air out her soft, warm feet when the second shoe came off. I'm sure it was refreshing for her! I took a bunch of barefoot photos and then gave her the bad news. She'd have to slide them back on for the video clip. I got a stare and she began putting them back on. It was just like the first time too - they didn't go on easily. I'm sure socks would have made the process much easier, but at this point, I've well established how they were omitted purposely.

The clip for this showed Melani tug those shoes from her feet once more. Luckily for her, this time she didn't have them on as long as she did previously when she took them off that first time Sure, they warmed up and got moist again, but it wasn't like they did before when we walked around for a bit. Still, she did have to give them a good tug to get them back off.

With the third set in the books, we were out of time to shoot anything else. I looked at her and told her it was time for us to go get fat. Dinner sounded so good, so it was back to the car. Needless to say, she wanted to change into something else so the "girls" weren't such a distraction. I'm sure our waiter wouldn't have minded, however.

Now that shooting was done for the day, Melani and I got to hang out and shoot the shit for a while. We caught up on so many things and had a blast talking about all kinds of stuff. It was the perfect way to unwind after taking three great sets. Then the car ride home happened!

No, we didn't catch traffic this time. That went smoothly. What happened during our car ride home was pure shenanigans. It started off with her telling me she might fall asleep on the way home, unless I thought I might fall asleep instead. Then she'd stay up. Since I'm driving, I told her that I don't think that would be a good idea, but thanks! That caused quite a few laughs. From there, we listed to some filthy rap songs with lyrics I won't include in this blog. Let's just say, it talked about eating things. Then she asked this question, "Why do you think balls are called balls and arms are called arms?"

I didn't quite know the answer to the arms part, but I assured her that I'm sure balls was a nickname/term that came later on. Then we tossed around other body part nicknames and wondered how they came to be.

The worst of it came, however, when we were almost home. Melani asked me if I had ever seen a video that involved a glass jar and... "No, and I don't want to either," I said, cutting her off. From just that sentence fragment alone, I knew what she was talking about. I've heard of this video from other people before and have no desire to see it. So what did Melani do? Played it on her phone so I could hear it. Yeah, it sounded like a recycling center and I thanked her for the mental images that were running through my head.

Melani, you're crazy! That's why I love ya, though! Thanks for the awesome day of photos and for keeping me company on what turned out to be a great day - even with all the traffic. Can't wait to do it again and I'm sure, neither can you fans. I'm also betting you can't either and I love that enthusiasm!

Editor's Note: Melani's official on site debut happens this week. Be sure not to miss out when it goes live on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments