Reaching 14,000 Followers on Instagram

The three main social media accounts of Soles of Silk.

Over the last few weeks I've been watching the Soles of Silk Instagram account (@SolesofSilk) go from just over 13,000 followers to 14,000 followers. It seemed like every few days the listing would go from 13.1k, to 13.2k, to 13.3k, and so on. Well, this past weekend, the 14k finally ticked.

Normally I'm not one to bring light to follower numbers. I find that oftentimes people only bring up their numbers to make themselves feel better than the next person. Well, to be quite honest, I couldn't care what anyone else has. I'm proud of that 14k and want to say thank you to everyone who has followed the site on Instagram.

If you're one of those people not following the account, please consider doing so. On the account you'll see regular posts that include:

  • On the Set - If I'm out doing a shoot, I normally will take a few pictures and/or videos for everyone to enjoy. These really are the first look at any new content coming your way.
  • Behind the Scenes - Sometimes I will clown around and post a shot of the models cleaning off their feet, rubbing lotion on their soles, painting their nails, etc. Other times the models grab my phone and take a photo or two of their feet, just like Mindee did on our road trip last year. Man, where those size 8's on my dashboard a major distraction!
  • Weekly Updates - Once a Soles of Silk update is published I try to post an image teaser to the account to announce the update.
  • Throwbacks - Sometimes I just have nothing better to do than post a photo from an older set, former model, etc. There's no rhyme or reason, I just want to show off a photo of a model or set I really enjoyed.
  • Holidays - Whenever a holiday comes I try to post some related photos from sets I've done in the past themed to those holidays. I just did several for the Fourth of July today.
  • Model Selfies - My models are known to randomly send me photos of their fresh pedicures, their toes in the sand while on vacation, or their feet in a new pair of shoes they bought. I love posting these right to the Instagram page so you can also enjoy them. Ah, the simple things!

This post on the site's Instagram account inspired a blog several days later.

As you can see, I have no problem posting content to the account. And sometimes what I post can even influence what I end up posting here on the blog. Yesterday's blog, "Clamoring for Camille & Her Cute Feet," for example, was inspired by a throwback image from Instagram posted only a few days ago. It's always nice to be able to expand on, and tie together, the different social media accounts of Soles of Silk.

Before I wrap up this blog, I'd like to thank all of you for following the site's Instagram account. Whether you've been there from the start, or just recently discovered it, I'm glad to have you. And hopefully this week will be a fun one as I have numerous shoots lined up. Mindee is slated to do some new sets tomorrow and then the following day you should be getting your first looks at two new pairs of feet to join the site's model roster!

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


Comments