Closing the Soles of Silk MySpace


The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

Over the weekend I closed the Soles of Silk MySpace page. I made an announcement on the forum over on Wu's Feet Links, but I wanted to make a statement here as well.

When I first made the Soles of Silk MySpace page I really liked the interaction that it brought. Over its course, however, I will admit that I was liking it less and less for a number of reasons. Here are the main reasons why:

About a year ago Carmen called me all upset because she had gotten an email from someone on MySpace that was included pretty much every curse word made and said that the person sending it was going to find her. Now Carmen never made a MySpace page for her foot modeling. This person was able to find her personal one and it understandably scared her. She did all the things like blocking the person and I even took her off my own friends list in case they found her through mine. 

Well, just last week Mindee got an email that had the same exact paragraph of text in it. I told her about Carmen's experience and that it looks like this douche bag emails girls with the same email, trying to scare them.

Now the above reason is the main reason why I decided to close that and my personal MySpace pages. But in addition, I was really getting tired of all the spam letters I'd get in my inbox over there. Seriously, I think every cam girl in the world wanted to have sex with me.

When it comes to the loss of interaction, which was the one thing that I really liked at the start, well, that had become pretty much a non-factor lately. I'd get a great email or question every once in a while, but to be honest, most of the people are either asking for free photos or telling me they want to suck on my toes (the page had it posted in three areas that the page was for a site and the web master/photographer is a male).

Now that I have this MySpace page closed, I am thinking about other options for communication with members and non-members. I don't know a lick about Twitter and I have a Facebook for my personal use. I am not going to use Facebook for site promotion, however. I really prefer the Wu's Feet Links Forum, but I am thinking that it might be time to try one of these other avenues as well. Any suggestions?

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


Comments