Spyware Downtime

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

I've been on many computers that were full of more spyware than personal files. A little over a year ago, when I was still using my Mac (I loathed PC and swore I'd never have one), I just couldn't figure out how that much spyware could find its way onto someone's PC. Well, I got attacked by the spyware asshats on Tuesday, and man, I was so pissed I almost burned off the site folder and wiped the system. Here is how it happened:

Being a foot fetish web site owner and a fan of female feet, I sometimes go all around the web and see what is happening in the world of feet. Well, I just so happened to fall into one of those link traps where you get nothing but link site upon link site coming up on your screen. When I got that all straight there was a window with what looked like a nice foot clip staring at me. Like a dumb ass, I clicked it and it told me to install an Active X component to view. Well, that just so happened to be the spyware trick and dumb ole me fell for it.

Now I've been using Window for about two years here and really, both PC and Mac are trying to be so much like each other it isn't funny. But man, none of this dumb shit effects the Macs - well, that I've ever seen in all my years of being a Mac user. It is a good thing that so many companies make programs for the PC, but at the same time, you get a TON of trash programs and spyware items. The Mac has less and from what I see, more stable programs. It can get confusing when you always have to download this, install that, update this thing, etc. on the PC. It is easy to see why so many PC users have these issues.

Anyhow, to make a LONG story short (about four hours worth of long story), I finally got the crap fixed. Well, there might be some spyware still here, but at least the control panel is gone from Explorer and the annoying system alert messages have been cleared from the task bar. After downloading and paying the $20 fee for AdAware, which didn't fix the problem, but found other spyware, some little 3rd rate free program removed a bunch of files and things seem to be working.

Sometimes I miss my little fruity Apple!


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


You can also find Soles of Silk on Social Media & Wu's Feet Links!

  

  

  

Comments