Soles of Silk's Pedicure

The site's new opening splash page graphic.

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

I've been talking about the changes for what seems like months, which it has actually been. But with today's update you are getting to see some of the initial changes that are taking place here on Soles of Silk. And although all of them are not yet complete, I wanted to get this ball rolling by adding in the hardest part - the redesign of the navigation.

If you look at the navigation bar above you will now notice some of the sections are no longer there and some are brand new. I decided to keep the F.A.Q. and Modeling sections in the guest area. I figured members generally know the answers to any questions they have once they've joined and models seeking work are going to have to pass through the Guest area anyhow, so why repeat it in the Member's area?

Now for the new additions. First and foremost is the Clips section. Finally a home has been created to house all the video clips that have been posted and will be posted in the future. For the time being I have text links to each video clip available on the page, but I am working on sprucing things up with a sample image from each video clip. Any ideas you have for a good system of posting the video clips would be welcome.

The next new section is Flashback. For those of you have kept up with the site's Forum and Columns you know that I used to run a site a number of years ago called The 10 Little Piggies. Well, after a lot of requests to bring back that content, I have decided to occasionally post some of the sets from that site. Not everything will be posted and not all the models, but some of the girls who are also on this site and some who I am still friends with will have their sets brought back in this section.

And the third and final section is going to be one that you and I both create. I like the idea of fan interaction and I know some of you are artists as well, so I thought a Downloads section for your art and designs based on female feet and the sole mates would be an awesome addition. I have already planned to post avatars, buddy icons and wallpapers, but the submission ideas are limitless. I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce as well.

Upon entry to the site you probably saw the new Splash screen graphic. I used to change it each week, but to cut back on the time it takes to update, I wanted to create a killer opening graphic. I love how it turned out and have showed a few people beforehand who all loved it as well. Let me know what you think of it.

Speaking of cosmetics, looking at the site a year later a few of the items have begun to show their age, mainly the section images at the top of the pages. I am going to work on redesigning something to appear in place of those that will further spruce things up a bit. Although those and several items will probably receive a makeover, I will not be altering the site to the extent of having to relearn the navigation and placement of the items you are looking for. One of my biggest compliments is how easy it is to find things on this site and I aim to keep things that way. Navigation is important to me. I hate getting lost in a site.

As always, thanks for taking the time to read my words here and thanks for your patience in making Soles of Silk an even better site!


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


You can also find Soles of Silk on Social Media & Wu's Feet Links!

  

  

  

Comments