Soles of Silk Stubs its Toe

Kimmie's (left) and Kellie's super pretty feet were photographed on two cameras.

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

Man, what a week! Thursday night was such a bitch over here at my desk. In the middle of downloading the set of Steph in the park and resizing images of the twins, Kimmie and Kellie, my computer froze. Running an eMac on OS X, I had never encountered a lock up. Usually I can bounce between programs if one goes down, but this time was different. I couldn't do anything. I was forced to do a cold shut down.

When I restarted I was treated to a nice blinking question mark over a hard disk icon. Great, the system can't find my drive. Being a Mac user for more than 10 years, I knew how to fix it... or so I thought. I did everything and couldn't get the damn thing to come back on. I even tried Norton's and although it saw the drive, it said there were zero files and zero volumes on it.

Being the idiot that I can be sometimes, I decided to open up my computer and check to see if all the memory chips and hard drive connections were secure. Well, an eMac is an all in one computer and little did I know that the computer's power button was connected to the shell you have to remove off the back of the unit. So, when I pulled that off I cracked it. Man was I pissed!

After two days I was able to figure out how to get the button reconnected, well, that is if you call a button hanging on a wire reconnected. But hey, it works until I can get another one. But getting the button back on didn't do anything for the drive. It was still dead in the water.

Sticking my OS 10.3 disk back into the drive I was able to locate a command I missed the first time to erase the drive. I didn't think it would work because every time I tried to access or verify the drive it told me it wasn't there. But erase drive did the trick. Hey, I lost a few files, but at this point, I just wanted the damn computer up and running. I had backed up all the photos I had done and the web site was backed up on BHE's servers - thankfully. So Soles of Silk really never faced any hardships except for getting the site updated on time.

So for all of you who saw on the Soles of Silk Forum that I was having computer problems, thanks for the support and please understand I was playing catch up on e-mails up until yesterday. But enough bad news, go see the good news in Kimmie and Kellie!



Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments