Soles of Silk - April News & Updates



It's April and things are starting to warm up! Well, they warm up and then drop back down again if you're talking about the weather, but I'm talking in more ways than one here. Things will be warming up for Soles of Silk as a whole as well. Here are some news items and updates on some things I've discussed in the past:


April Fools Joke


So now that the April Fools Day fun is over I just have to know, how many of you fell for the "A Foot Fetish Family Portrait" entry from a few days ago? I woke up to a couple of emails and comments about it. Needless to say, those who read it were heartbroken to find out that it wasn't a real blog. Funny thing is, most of what was said in that blog was the truth up until the ending. Marcy's mom was originally going to pose a few years ago, I did finally get to catch up with Mindee for the first time since she came home, and Mindee has sent me photos of her mom's feet before. She actually asked her mom to take another one for me because I can't locate the original and wanted to put it in the blog, but she didn't get the message and I had to publish the piece without it.

I hope all of you were able to read the actual real blog for April Fools Day, "Foolish Foot Fetish Shoots - Soles of Silk Edition" and the sister piece I wrote for the Wu's Feet Links Columns Blog, "Foolish Foot Fetish Shoots." I didn't get as many people as I wanted for the one on Wu's Feet Links, but I actually left some funny items off the list of 30 for the Soles of Silk Edition. Just too many to name!


And old The 10 Little Piggies banner.



Retro Items from The 10 Little Piggies


As you may have saw, I added the first retro The 10 Little Piggies interview to the site's Interviews section. I debated on whose interview I should publish first, but I ultimately decided on Andrea. Although Andrea hasn't posed for Soles of Silk in years, she was the most shot model in my days of running The 10 Little Piggies. My former next door neighbor overtook Abby for that title all those years ago. It just seemed right to go with my go to girl once more! More retro interviews will follow as I also have them from: Abby, Amber, Kim T., Madison, and Wendy. I also have others, but I'm only featuring those girls who have also modeled for Soles of Silk.

I mentioned in the blog "Pre-Soles of Silk Time Capsule Found" that you may also see photos from The 10 Little Piggies make their way into the site's Flashback section. That still holds true, but I want everyone to know that I am not ready to do that just yet. I'm still debating on how I'd go about doing that or if it would be better to still scan in the older images - as I was doing. It's a lot of work to do the scanning, but the photos I have in my old site's directories are very small! I'm talking 640x480 small.

Another item you should see making their way to the site and/or this blog are some of my old columns. Just like Soles of Silk when it launched, I had a columns section on The 10 Little Piggies. This was way before anyone even knew what a blog was. I actually got the idea from the monthly column features on Wu's Feet Links. But yeah, I've been looking through them and think it would be neat to see some of them brought back to life. For example, I have an entire piece written by Krystie about how she felt to be asked to model for The 10 Little Piggies - paragraphs of her own thoughts. It was awesome looking back on this as I honestly forgot it even existed.


Slight Update Changes for a Few Weeks


For the next few weeks I have decided that I am going to go with double photo shoot updates and hold off on any clips for the time being. To be honest, I am running very low on clips and all the ones I have are of the same few models. Since I'll be getting in new shoots in the coming weeks, this won't last long, but I thought it would be a way to shuffle things up once those new sets are done and at the same time, publish some of these sets I've sat on for entirely too long.


Hur's black & white version of Ryan as Red Sonja.



Seeking New Artists


Over the years Soles of Silk has accepted artist contributions of work based on the Soles of Silk models. The first to do so was the artist Arkano. Foot Toons came next and has done work off and on during his busy schedule. Skulls would later join and send in all kinds of work of his favorite models. Now, Hur has become the most heavily featured artist. He's been sending in regular pieces of models he enjoys - some of which, like Ryan, he got quite creative with, turning her into Red Sonja.

If you're an artist and would like to do some work based on the Soles of Silk models, I'm game for taking care of you with free membership time to the site for your hard work. Please send me an email if this is something that interests you at footphotographer@yahoo.com.


One of my favorite sets of Amelia.



Mindee & Amelia No Longer Out of State


As I've mentioned several times in the last few months, Mindee returned home and is no longer out of state. While I'm sad that things didn't work out for her, I'm glad I can have one of the best friends I've ever had back in my life and of course, in front of my camera. Even though my original plan was to take a number of days of vacation and go visit her, taking hundreds, probably another 1,000 photos, I still want to do that. I will never grow tired of taking her photos.

Not too long ago Amelia texted me to tell me she'd be moving out of state. She was hoping to squeeze in some photos before she left as she knew I only had one set of hers left of her to publish. We decided to talk later once the weather warmed up.

When I reached out to Amelia earlier this week she told me she's no longer moving. Just like Mindee I'm sad that she didn't get to do what she wanted, but having her here will sure be nice when it comes to getting more photos. Amelia is someone I haven't shot enough photos of! Every time we've gotten together it's been a blast. I'm going to make sure she reads this and understands I want her to pose more often this year.


New Shoots & Models


I'm not going to go into too much detail with plans for upcoming shoots or new models because I haven't really made any concrete plans with anyone. I've talked with a lot of my models, and even a few who are looking to pose for the first time, but all that has really been discussed with them is some themes - no dates. So be on the lookout here, on Instagram (@SolesofSilk), and on Twitter (@SolesofSilk) for upcoming shoot news and samples.





Wu's Feet Links Items


I want you to know I'm still actively working on interviews for the Wu's Feet Links Interviews Blog and columns for the Wu's Feet Links Columns Blog. Combine those efforts in with Soles of Silk, my full time job, and the graphic design/advertising work I do on my own time for my full time job, and I've been quite busy. No updates have been missed, but every so often they go up a little later than usual. The same with the Wu's Feet Links posts. I've had a few of them go up a day or two late. If that happens, don't worry - they're coming.

Thanks for reading through a few topics I wanted to bring to everyone's attention. I hope you're as excited as I am for 2015 and all the wiggling toes and silky, soft soles I intend on putting in front of my camera.


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


You can also find Soles of Silk on Social Media & Wu's Feet Links!

  

  

  

Comments