Soles of Silk - The Year in Review: 2013

So many photos! Set after set, model after model... That's how I'd describe 2013 in a nutshell, but there were so many "little" things that also made this year great. Whether it was a brand new model, or a returning one, lots of soft soles and wiggling toes were enjoyed by this photographer in 2013. And best of all, you haven't even seen half of it!

Before we begin taking a look ahead at the site's 10th anniversary year, let's take a look back at the year that was 2013:



Alaynah showed her soles in the first update of 2013.

January


Back in 2009 I had the idea to debut a new model in a New Years update. That model was Keira. A few years later, I used that idea once again. During the month of December in 2012, a coworker of mine named Alaynah, a senior in high school, turned 18. I mentioned the site and if she was willing to pose, the idea to debut her in a New Years update. She loved the idea and I was happy to soon be adding another model of West Indian background to the roster. A few days later Alaynah was showing me her soft little feet for the first time while playing with a bunch of balloons. Talk about cute feet! I just knew people were going to love the set once it debuted during the first week of January. I was 100 percent correct on my assumption too!


Throughout the month of January, as has been tradition, the annual Soles of Silk Trivia Contest was held. No one had a perfect score this time around, but two people did score 99 out of the possible 100 points. Quite impressive!



In February I was able to add a new Ebony beauty to the site.


February


When I think February, I think of love. And people sure did love the 2013 Valentine's Day set featuring Mindee and Emerald. Take it from me, seeing their bare feet side-by-side is amazing! To top it off, these close friends enjoyed teasing the hell out of their photographer that day! Of course the photographer loved the hell out of being teased by them too!

With all this talk of love, one thing I'd love to have more of on Soles of Silk is Ebony models. I haven't had much luck finding girls of the darker complexion who are willing to pose for me, but I sure did luck out when I found Shae Spreadz on Twitter (@ShaeSpreadzXXX). We hit it off right away and when we met, she was all kinds of fun! Since Shae is not local to this part of the United States and was traveling when we met, I've purposely been slow to post her sets. I didn't want to go through all three of the sets we did too quickly. Hopefully one day I'll find those big feet of hers only inches from my camera again. 



The site expanded its social media presence in 2013.

March

March was a pretty uneventful month if you're talking shoots. Rather than shoot any new sets I focused on getting up many of the ones I shot the previous year - just like I'll be doing in 2014 as well.

One major thing did happen this month, however, and that was the beginning of this blog. On March 3, 2013 the first post to this blog, "Opening the Site's Official Blog," gave an overview of what you'll be seeing here. It also marked the end of the columns section on the site. All past columns are still archived on the site, however.

With the emphasis on the new blog, I also decided to make Soles of Silk's social media footprint larger and began really pushing the site's Twitter (@SolesofSilk), Instagram (@SolesofSilk), and YouTube (SolesofSilkProd) accounts in addition to the site's official forum.



Mindee's feet glisten in the rushing water.

April


April was a month where I again focused on posting some of the unpublished content. Models such as Emerald, Mileena, Ryan and Mindee rounded out the month. Mindee actually had a double update featuring two photo sets we did on the same day. The first was in front of an old water wheel and the second was in the rushing water of a stream. The teaser photo for April is from the second set and is one of Mindee's all-time favorites.


The month of April also saw a blog series detailing the status of all the models on the site. I made mention of the models I was working with, ones who I haven't shot in a while, and ones I didn't think you'd see again. Oddly enough in the fourth part of the series (see blog: "Soles of Silk Model Statuses - Part 4") I doubted that you'd see either Marcy or Mariah back on the site. In both cases I was wrong as Mindee was able to get both of her cousins back on the site for new sets in the months to come.



Amelia's sweaty soles kicked off a lot of shooting over the spring & summer months.


May


May was the month where I really got the ball rolling with scheduling some shoots. It wasn't many, but since the weather just began warming up, I did what I could.


The first shoot was one I had wanted to do so bad since the day I first met and shot Amelia for the first time late in 2013. Well, good things come to those who wait because we found an aquatic botanical garden and made use of it. We did two sets, the second of which I am still very much in love with today and can be found in the teaser shot above. Seeing Amelia's bare feet coming out of her Vans was heavenly! Of course I can't go without mentioning the nice long foot rub I had been promised for all those months between shoots. We could have probably done another set during that long duration I rubbed her feet - which felt so tiny in my hands.

Alaynah also did her second ever shoot in May, one we decided to do last minute. And being shot only days after her senior prom, she still her manicure and pedicure. Like with Amelia, we shot two sets on the day. The first one I loved as we shot on a boardwalk along a river. The second one, which is still unpublished, we rushed a little bit. The lighting is kind of off, but you should be seeing it in the months to come.



Aspen posed for a Wu's Feetlinks feature set in 2013 in a waterfall.


June


June started off with a shoot on my birthday that I won't ever forget. Aspen, who was slated as the Wu's Feetlinks Feature Model (see gallery) for the month, took off work on my birthday so we could shoot. We had a few ideas that hadn't panned out (see blog: "The Epic Adventure of Shooting Aspen's Feature Set"), but we finally lucked out when we found the waterfall pictured above. Of course, getting to rub those soft feet for a long while afterward truly made it feel like my birthday!


The next shoot I did in June was with Ryan. None of the sets from this day have been posted yet, but you can see an image from one of those sets in the new guest area header bar on the site. Have I ever said how much I love seeing a girl pull her bare feet out of some tennis shoes without socks on?

As the month continued I began a blog series on Wu's Feetlinks feature model galleries from the past to present. I've shot so many great sets with models from Soles of Silk for Wu's Feetlinks, so I wanted to detail each one on leading up to Aspen's set.

The month ended with something I never grow tired of, but something I hadn't done in a few years - that something was taking photos of Kelsey's pillowy soft soles and plump little toes! It was way too long since I last got her in front of the camera. And although the day was honestly too hot, we persevered and got in two sets.



Mindee was able to get Marcy to return to the site in 2013.


July


July began with me on vacation for a week. I planned all my update content out in advance and took a nice little road trip visiting five different amusement parks and seeing baseball games in three different ballparks.


While I was out having my fun, I did make sure to load the pages for the site's Fourth of July update featuring Mindee and Emerald with an apple pie. "You don't get much more American than apple pie," I believe the saying goes. And the best part was, while you were enjoying seeing Mindee's feet next to Emerald's, I was getting ready to see Mindee's feet next to another model's upon my return from vacation.

As the teaser image for the month shows, Mindee and Marcy showed off their feet side-by-side once again. Mindee was able to get Marcy to return after not having posed for several years. Needless to say, I was very happy to have her back - even more happy to have her posing with Mindee. Three sets were done that day. The first one was the soccer set with both of them and then each girl did a solo set as well. I just wish I could have shot these girls the entire day!

Two models joined the 1K Club in 2013 and the first of them did so in July. Charlee reached the mark rather quickly since she only began posing for the site in the middle of 2009. I hope her creamy smooth soles pose for a few thousand more in the years to come. Be sure to check out the blog, "1K Club - Charlee's Footography," for a more in depth look at Charlee's Soles of Silk tenure to date.

Two new models joined the Soles of Silk roster this month. The first was Mandy, who showed off her long toes in front of a water fountain one Sunday morning. The second was Rachel DD, who did five different sets, which only one is currently posted. No worries, you'll be seeing more of them soon.

July didn't end there, however. I still managed to shoot another set with Ryan as an amusement park, two sets of Aspen in an historic town, and two more sets with Marcy to finish out the month. Only one of these sets has even been published at this point - that being Ryan's set in front of the roller coasters.




Ashlyn debuted her very smelly feet in August.


August


By the time August rolled around I had already shot a ton of sets, but that didn't stop me from doing more. I shot sets with a few of the site's regulars and even managed to land a new model - one I had been admiring for some time.


The month started with Charlee. She hadn't posed for any photos all year and did some of her best work to date. You'll be seeing these sets in 2014 as I finally published all of her older sets and can now focus on getting these new ones online.

Ryan was up next. Since I expressed to her earlier in the year that I wanted to do more sets in 2013 than we had in the past, we made plans for the third time in the last few months. We spent a day in Georgetown using some of the unique settings around town. I planned on doing five sets, but were only able to get three done as it was overly crowded. It was also on this day that Ryan put me in touch with the next model, a newbie to the site.

Ashlyn, the sister of one of my coworkers, was someone I always found to be a cutie whenever I saw her. With Ryan putting her in touch with me and telling her all about Soles of Silk, we were able to set up a shoot date almost immediately. We did three sets and it was so fun shooting pictures of her smelly little feet.

Not to go too long without some soles/toes in my life, the very next day I shot Abby. She claimed the the site's annual Ravens themed set a year before and we had to get it done as the season was drawing near. Sadly, it was the only set we were able to shoot in 2013. I think the set was her finest to date and can't wait to get this veteran back for more. Abby really needs to appear on the site more often as those Puerto Rican feet are iconic around these parts.

A week after Ashlyn's and Abby's shoots I was finally able to do a shoot I had been wanting to do since the end of 2012. Olivia and I had been talking about doing a bunch of sets in Cape May, NJ all year, but schedule differences kept popping up. But when this day finally came, I had a blast spending it with Olivia. You'll be seeing these in the months to come, and you can also bet on her baring those flawless feet quite a bit in 2014. We have a lot of plans... 




After seven years Mariah made a return to Soles of Silk.


September


After such a busy August my initial plan was to stop shooting and begin using all this great content. Of course when there are piggies and soles beckoning me for some new photos, I just can't resist. I squeezed in last minute shoots with the likes of Colleen, Amelia, Mindee, and Kelsey. But a certain returning model made it very hard not to be the September teaser image - that model is Mariah.


Kicking off the month Colleen posed for a set that I'll never forget. Telling her I wanted to do a set of her wearing tennis shoes and socks, Colleen herself recommended doing one with her black Converse without socks. When she told me she'd even wear them all day before we shot, my mind was racing. I didn't even ask! We ended up doing two sets that day and needless to say, that Converse set was memorable! It even earned itself a spot on the site's newly redesigned member section header.

The second model to join the 1K Club in 2013 happened in September when Abby reached the milestone. Of course, if you add in all the photos she did prior to Soles of Silk, she'd be much higher. That's why I also included some mention of this in the blog, "1K Club - Abby's Footography."

Since Amelia did some awesome sets earlier in the year I was really intent on having her pose again before the end of summer. We did three sets on a very hot day and I can honestly say this girl just gets better with every shoot. And the last shoot we did on the train tracks, a dirty sole themed set, I won't ever forget.

Mindee was up next as I can NEVER have enough sets of one of my best female friends. All of you also seem to agree! The sets we did on this day continued the streak of awesome photos sets shot this year. Mindee did her first ever size tease set as well as another nude stocking set - this time in public and wearing thigh highs. You'll be seeing these soon, I promise!

Next up was Kelsey, who told me she wanted to do some more pictures before the end of the year. We waited until September so it wouldn't be as hot as it was on the first go around. We stayed local and got in two really fun sets. All I have to say is fans of oily feet are going have to clean the drool off their keyboards when I post the second set we did that day.

And now for the returning Mariah. After years of thinking Mariah was done, Mindee surprised me by saying her cousin would like to pose again. This marked the second of Mindee's cousins to return this year. I can honestly say, Mariah never looked better! When we met to shoot I couldn't stop thinking of how bad I wish she had continued to pose all those years. Her Play-Doh set was so fun to shoot, I just knew it had to go up ASAP. I wasn't at all surprised when all of the great compliments began pouring in once it was published.

With only a few days left in the month Colleen and I squeezed in two more quick sets downtown. It wasn't as warm as the previous shoot and I wasn't lucky enough to have her super sweaty feet again, but it was fun nonetheless. I was glad we got in a few more sets to finish the month too. She was someone I wanted to also get in more shoots with and intend to do the same in 2014.



Jasey Rae was the final new model of 2013.


October


After the previous two months I said I was done shooting for a bit. Now I was drowning in awesome sets that people were dying to see - especially since I had teased them with previews here on the blog. But then Jasey Rae mentioned she wanted to pose and the camera came out again... Well, two of them actually came out. I'll explain that in a bit.


Jasey turned 18 back in June, but her then-boyfriend wasn't keen on the idea of her posing those chubby little toes. After they parted ways Jasey asked me if it was too late to pose. Of course I said no and we made plans to shoot soon thereafter to avoid any cold weather. On the day we shot it was warm for the most part, but with some wind. We did two sets and the first one I published was entirely her idea. It had her using my old 35mm camera and some film as props. I can't believe I never thought of this idea.

The rest of the month I stayed the course with my initial plan, focusing on posting the content I've been shooting all year. I know one thing that didn't happen in October, or in any month since, however. That one thing would be rubbing Jasey's feet. She told me she likes to tease and she's been doing it to me ever since she posed. She knew I couldn't take my eyes off her soft soles as it was the first time I really got to see them, but the real teasing involves her toes. She knows I love pudgy toes - and hers are ever so plump. So needless to say, she's enjoyed wiggling them before me and sending me a few self-taken shots to further my denial. This denial is why Jasey is slated to do a set in 2014 with a bunch of different blue balls. Symbolism at its finest!



Soles of Silk had some elements redesigned to freshen things up.



November


In November my main focus was on touching up the site. I really want to do a total redesign, but I need to go back and learn some new techniques. I don't want to half-ass the site, but I knew it needed some reworking. I redid the site's splash page (above) and headers for both the guest and members area. I then updated the images found all over the site on its main pages. Link pages were condensed and the Modeling page freshened up.


Of course some new photos happened. I just can't pass up some feet when they're presented to me. Megan Jones (@BeachBaby1984) contacted me on Twitter as she was set to travel through the region. Knowing I wanted to try and debut 10 new models on the site in 2014, we made plans and she's going up Week 1 to kick off the new year. If you haven't seen her or those luscious size 9.5 feet of hers, you'll be pleasantly surprised!



The annual trivia contest began in late December.


December 


With the weeks dwindling away in 2013 I decided to use December to do something I had wanted to do for months - post every remaining set I had shot on my old camera. Toward the end of 2012 I upgraded cameras and believe it or not, I still had a handful of sets remaining to publish from the older camera. Models like Wendy, Mileena and Charlee just had so many sets shot it took me forever to rotate them all in. Then there were models such as Kayleigh and Jessie who I didn't have a lot of, but held onto to slowly keep them with updates over the long haul. The December 18th update saw the last of those sets go online, so it is all new camera images now.


The Soles of Silk Annual Trivia Contest - 2013 Edition began for members and non-members to win some free membership time to the site. I've been doing this little contest for a number of years and is always a fun way to reward those people who take part. This year two 3-month memberships and five 1-month memberships will be awarded. Check out the official contest page for details.

The month finished without a Christmas-themed set as I was just too busy these final months focusing on things other than shoots. I decided to post another set of Shae Spreadz as it had been a while since her long soles made an appearance. I thought it would be the perfect present.



Megan Jones' big feet will kick off the new year in 2014.



Looking Ahead... 


That about sums up the year that was 2013. Even with all retrospect above, so many details were left out, so be sure to look back through all the numerous blogs/columns and past updates to really get a sense of the amazing year here at Soles of Silk.


With 2013 finished and 2014 upon us, the site will continue to go strong with updates featured from all those shoots mentioned above, plus all the new ones I'm bound to take in the months ahead. But for starters, I'm kicking things off with Megan Jones (above) in her teal thigh high stockings!

Comments