2019 Soles of Silk Year in Review

Much like the majority of 2019, the start of 2020 has been a busy one for me with work. I began working on this blog a few weeks back, trying to keep things on pace for an early January publishing. Then I began focusing on all the end of the year blogs that I had going up to close out the year and the site's 15th Anniversary Celebration. This blog took a back seat, but better late than never, I guess!



Both Mindee's remake and Lauryn's remaster was published in January.

January
With Soles of Silk celebrating 15 years online in 2019, I got things kicked off with all kinds of celebratory items. The first of them was remakes. For each year the site was online, I'd do a remake of a set from each of those years. 

The first one featured Mindee, who remade Lauryn's 2004 Waffles and Syrup set. And speaking of that set, throughout the course of the year, I published a remastered version of all eight original sets that were featured on the set the day that it launched. Lauryn's original set was among those and was also published during January.

Another notable set to make it online during the first month of the year was Kaycee's Heavy Metal set. It featured her in some of the most unique stockings I've shot for the site and the set was all around amazing. It ended up placing fourth on the blog, "My Favorite Sets of 2019."

When it came to these early months, I was still getting in a lot of camera time. Princess Nikki finally got to shoot for Soles of Silk, although it almost didn't happen due to snowy weather. 

Melani also shot a couple of sets, which was supposed to be an all night shoot, but some things came up that cut the shoot short. We're still haven't been able to catch up since, but have been talking about doing so.

Finally, Mindee shot some photos, which inspired us to challenge ourselves to try to shoot at least once each month of 2019. We'd done everything else, it seemed like. "Why not?" was our thought on the idea.


All those long toes... I love them!

February
One thing that I didn't get shown in February was love... well, at least from Instagram. I had the site's Instagram account for a number of years and had never had any warnings of inappropriate content. I was well on my way to 50,000 followers and then out of nowhere, the account was gone. No warnings. And worst of all, every appeal I sent in was never answered. Come to find out, tons of foot fetish themed pages, even us much tamer ones, got the axe - no questions asked. I've even heard of people who publish pedicure photos having their accounts pulled. Guess it's okay for some celebrities to show their ass and such though. Let me get off this topic before I get pissed.

Things carried on the site nonetheless and I published my favorite remake that I did for the entirety of the 15 year celebration. That remake featured Alice and Maya together in a remake of Kelsey's and Abby's 2006 Feather Tickling set. Just look at all those long toes. How could I not love that one the most?

Mindee and I went two for two for the monthly challenge, but this time around, I had a wish come true. Mindee and Kaycee shot together for the first time and I came away with some amazing sets. Talk about a night I'll never forget. It wouldn't be the last time they were together in a set this year either.


This set showcased just how much of a brat Melani can be, and honestly, enjoys being.

March
Amazing sets came to the site during the month of March. With the March 6th update, one of the most anticipated sets finally made its way to Soles of Silk. That's when a very bratty, very teasing, Melani, dressed in a sexy schoolgirl outfit, put all you bois in your place.

The week after Melani's set, another great set with Kaycee came to the site. In celebration of St. Patrick's Day, Kaycee kicked back some Killian's Irish Red. She also pulled off some bright green thigh high socks to reveal those feet of hers that we have all come to love over the years.

Shelby first solo set was published to the site when she jumped feet first into a remake of Madison's 2007 Oreo Cookies and Milk set. I had no idea, when I shot this, that she was going to love getting her feet all messy. It really showed in this set.

Mindee and I carried on the monthly challenge, shooting a quick Easter themed set on the final day of the month. She had very little time free to even do it, but she really wanted to prevail with our challenge.


One of the more creative, albeit, unbelievable April Fool's Day announcements on Soles of Silk.

April
I've been known to do some goofy stuff for the site for April Fool's Day. Although 2019's was far fetched, it was one of the most creative goofs I've tried to pull. I announced Soles of Silk's first ever video game titled, "Kiss My Feet," which featured Mindee and Kaycee. The game would be for the PS4. If only...

This entire month was pretty Mindee-centric overall. With Wrestlemania happening in April, as well as Easter, she had two sets published to the site. We also met up and kept the Monthly Mindee Challenge alive for the fourth consecutive month.


Two sets of mother/daughter combos for Mother's Day in 2019!


May
In May it was more Mindee. For the second year in a row, a Mother's Day themed set featuring Mindee with her mom, Shelby, made its way onto Soles of Silk. In 2019, however, they were joined by Dolly, who is Shelby's mom, and thus, Mindee's grand-mom. People were stunned when I previewed this set on the site's Instagram and here on the blog when I shot it at the end of 2018. I waited for Mother's Day to finally publish it with it featuring two sets of moms. 

That wasn't Mindee's only team up either. The Kiss My Feet set, my overall favorite set of 2019, was added to the site on May 29. I've already stated just how much I loved that set in this blog and in several other 15 Year Celebration blogs at the end of 2019. It was just that amazing!

Mindee and I went five for five with our monthly challenge, getting in an orange crushing set. Talk about some orange juice I would have gladly drank with the pulp!


Finally published this amazing team up with Kaycee and Reagan in June 2019.


June
Way back in 2006 I shot a set with Mindee and her cousin, Mariah. Along the way I somehow lost that entire set on an old computer. It's the only set that I've ever shot that I completely lost. Going through some old backups, however, I located two sample shots from that very set. I had watermarked them and all, so they weren't even the high resolution versions. Nevertheless, I decided to publish them to the site in early June.

Jasey Rae and I got together to shoot our first new sets of the year. Boy, did we ever get things underway too! She agreed to shoot a remake of Nikki's 2010 Playground Bubbles set and what resulted was one of my favorite sets of the year, placing third. I ranked it as my second favorite of all the remakes. It even found its way onto the blog, "15 Year Celebration - My 15 All-Time Favorite Sets (2004-19)," placing 12th. So yeah, I really liked this one!

Mindee and I shot for our final time of the year in June, which meant we ended the streak at six months. She did so by shooting with Kaycee again, but that wasn't all. Reagan was also present, making this a three model set, shot early one morning before we all went out to an amusement park to ride some roller coasters.

As for Kaycee and Reagan, another set featuring these two great friends capped off the month on the site. I had been sitting on the set above for a few years. In it, the two of them ate some fruity snowballs after pulling off some knee high socks. For the life of me, I can't see how I sat on this for so long. Look how cute their soles are up there. Might have to make that my computer's wallpaper.

Look at those soles... Look at those plump toes... Jasey Rae killed it in this set.


July
Speaking of wallpaper, this photo from Jasey Rae's bubble blowing set had spent weeks on my desktop as wallpaper before I finally published it in July. I have already expressed how much I loved this set and I wasn't the only one. Her fans made sure to let me know how much they enjoyed it. As for shooting with Jasey, we made sure to get in some more sets in July as well. She shot following a shoot I did with Audrey and Bria.

I hadn't shot Audrey since her debut back in April 2018. We were long overdue and I was happy to be having her back. This time around, however, she brought a different sister along than she did that first time. This one, named Bria, wanted to shoot as well. I got in two sets with them together, one of which you will see when we get to October, down below.




Both Mindee's remake and Lauryn's remaster was published in January.

August
Up until August 2019, only two of the site's models had ever joined the 2K Club (2,000 photos). Cierra accomplished the feat on December 28, 2011. Mindee, the site's overall most photographed model, joined her on January 8, 2014. It took five more years for anyone else to make their way into this elusive club. Then, in consecutive weeks, two more models became members of the 2K Club. Charlee notched her 2,000th published photo on August 7, 2019 and then on August 14, 2019, Alice did the same.


For the third time in three months, Jasey Rae and I found some time to go take some more photos. Why stop a good thing? Her and her plump toes were on a roll and you know I cherish any chance I get to have those pudgy piggies in front of me.


How amazing does Alexa's feet look wrapped in black pantyhose?

September
Not much happened in September. I tried really hard to make some arrangement with Leah to shoot a remake I was really wanting to do for the year 2014. Time just kept slipping away, however, and it ultimately never happened.

With October's updates planned out far in advance, this month pretty much saw me publish some content I had been sitting on. Sets of Mindee, Alexa (above), Jasey Rae, and Princess Nikki made their way onto the site before it was time for some cereal.

The final set of Cereal Killer Month featured two chocolate loving sisters in Audrey and Bria.

October
For a couple of years I had been planning out a little series of sets that all involved models stepping in cereal. I began shooting the sets, not really knowing how I was going to go about getting them all onto the site. Then it hit me! Cereal Killers Month. An entire month dedicated to models killing some cereal under their feet. October made perfect sense and the plans were underway. But there was a problem.

I needed five sets with there being five weeks of updates going online in October of 2019. I had six sets. I wasn't about to hold one back. So what did I do? I went and shot four more so there would be 10 sets. I'd publish two a week. Problem solved!

A total of 10 sets with 11 different models and 11 different cereals made their way onto the site. Those models included: Audrey & Bria (above), Melani, Mindee, Princess Nikki, Mia Kay, Abby, Jasey Rae, Maya, Charlee, and Kaycee.

Charlee's remake of Alice's Gummi Dicks set. Fitting since both joined the 2K Club in 2019.

November
Still holding out hope during all of October that I'd be able to shoot that 2014 remake, I was up against the clock. I ended up using a set that I had done with Esmerelda on some train tracks as a remake of Amelia's 2014 Train Tunnel set. I featured that set as an honorable mention that year, but I was running out of time. I still had to get five remakes published to the site before the end of the year. I had little choice and made the call.

Once that set was published, other remakes that I had waiting and ready to go were then added to the site afterward. Alexa's Long Licorice remake of Cierra's 2015 original and Charlee's Gummi Dicks Size tease remake of Alice's 2016 original finished off the month's update schedule.

I named Alice's Roller Skates themed Wu's Feet Links feature set as my all-time favorite set.

December
With only 2017 and 2018 left for remakes still needing to be published, Jasey Rae took care of both of those in back-to-back weeks. On December 4, 2019, her Rainbow Socks remake of Leah's 2017 original was added to the site. On December 11, 2019, her remake of Mindee's infamous Eggplant Emoji Size Tease set from 2018 was published. Talk about a way to end the 15 remakes!

In December I spent a lot of time writing different blogs for the site. I did the customary, Star Models and Favorite Sets themed blogs that I do at the end of every year. With the anniversary year coming to a close, however, I also went all out with some blogs focusing on sets and models from the site's entire time online. I tackled subjects such as: My 15 All-Time Favorite Sets, My 15 Favorite Remakes, "The 15 Most Unique Sets," "The 15 Most Important Sets," and "The 15 Most Photographed Models." 

Mindee picked this set as the one she wants published to enter her into the 7K Club.

Looking Ahead
With January 2020 now 20 days in, what can you expect to be covered in next year's Year in Review? Well, there are some big things slated to happen during the course of this year. Mindee will soon join the 7K Club. I'm planning on doing a couple of events where she'll be published every week during March and May, so you might see her join the 8K Club too.

Both Charlee and Alice, who joined the 2K Club in 2019, should pass Cierra in photo count in 2020. Both are also neck and neck with their photo counts, so who will do it first? They'll trail only Mindee after that happens.

Since I didn't get to shoot much new content in 2019, focusing on getting a lot of my unpublished sets onto the site, I'd like to get back into the swing of things by shooting some new content. I've already talked to a handful of models who can't wait to shoot again. Those models include: Mindee, Melani, Jasey Rae, Kaycee, Alice, Leah, Charlee, Kayleigh, Audrey, and Bria. I'm sure others will want to shoot as well, but those are the ones who I've been in contact with in recent weeks.


I hope you all enjoyed 2019 and what you're seeing so far in 2020. Bookmark this blog to stay up to date on anything and everything, Soles of Silk. And don't forget to follow the site's Twitter account (@SolesofSilk).


Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments