Soles of Silk - 2012's Star Models

Beginning in 2015 I began naming Soles of Silk's Star Models, which was a listing of the three models who shot the most photos that calendar year. While putting together 2017's Star Model list, I began to wonder just who the site's Star Models were from 2004-14. That curiosity got the best of me and I decided to go ahead and retroactively name those star models in a blog series. I had quite a few surprises along the way too. (Remember: These are sets shot, not published during the course of the year.)

I always list the top three models for the Star Models blogs. Sometimes two models will tie for first, or second, but my aim is to feature three models in total. Well, when I began doing this retroactive series, I found that I had more ties than I had figured upon. This year was one of the years where I had a ton of ties. First place and second place were each taken by a single model, but the spot for the third model was a three way tie in itself. So get ready to read about a few more models than you're used to for this year's entry.

Now, onto 2012's Star Models*:



3. (tied) Jamie
Debuted: 2010
# of sets posed for in 2012: 6

With six sets, Jamie was back at it again in 2012 spending a good amount of time in front of my camera. She debuted back in 2010 by doing 10 sets, a record until this very year. In 2011, however, we only got together one time and shot two sets. She was away at school and we weren't able to find the time. We made up for it in 2012 though.

Jamie and I ventured out and about twice during the summer months while she was home from school. A few months later we did some sets at our friend's house after she finished her winter semester. As was always the case shooting Jamie, we probably could have done more, but we were both a sucker for spending a few hours doing foot rubs. Well, I did them. She sat back and loved the pampering. And yes, I loved them too!



3. (tied) Mileena
Debuted: 2011
# of sets posed for in 2012: 6

I have actually only shot with Mileena on three separate occasions. On two of those occasions, we made the most out of it and one of those times in 2012 just so happened to be one of the most memorable days of shooting I've ever had.

Mileena and I got up early one day during Fourth of July week and began our photo adventure. Our ultimate goal was shooting at Blackwater Falls in West Virginia. Being a little over four hours away, I mapped out a few other photographic locations to use along the way to break up the drive and get in some more photos. 

It was hot. It was muggy. But the day I spent with Mileena shooting all across Western Maryland and West Virginia was a day I'll never forget. Every set was amazing!



3. (tied) Nikki
Debuted: 2010
# of sets posed for in 2012: 6

In 2010 I was able to get someone I grew up with as a child to shoot photos for Soles of Silk. Nikki was the youngest of two sisters of one of my best friends growing up. She was super young back then, but she grew up into an attractive woman with some super cute feet. 

In 2012 we met up a few times and did some great sets. Just like Mileena above, we took off to Western Maryland for a few of those sets and then did some others around town when we didn't have as much time. It's hard to think that Nikki's older sister ragged on her for having ugly feet when she told her that I asked to shoot for Soles of Silk. That, I couldn't believe! Nikki's feet are adorable.



2. Aspen
Debuted: 2012
# of sets posed for in 2012: 8

Oh Aspen! I worked with Aspen for a few years. I nicknamed her "Cubster" because she was young and she made some joke about me being the boss lion one evening. We always got along and she was always the nicest of people you could ever meet. Knowing about my site from some of the other girls we worked with, namely Ryan, she wanted to shoot when she turned 18. Well, that happened in July of 2012. Armed with my brand new camera, Aspen shot a couple of sets for me during a mutual work break. The photo above is from her very first set ever - 18 for only a few hours at the time.

That entire summer Aspen and I tried and tried to plan a shoot in Seaside Heights, N.J. She wanted to do some sets in a bikini and I sure wanted to shoot them. Time and time again, it rained and we had to cancel. We finally made it happen the day following Labor Day though. I got in some amazing sets and had a blast spending the day with her. She even made me rub her feet the entire three hour ride home. Good thing I bought an automatic, huh? And yes, when I pulled up to her house, her feet were still in my lap and one of my hands was rubbing them.

Before the year was out Aspen and I took a trip to an amusement park and managed to get in some photos of her barefoot in front of several roller coasters. Then, before the end of the year, she teamed up with Ryan to do one of the most popular model combinations I've ever published to the site. Talk about the perfect set to theme to Christmas. It was a present that many didn't expect and sure did love.



1. Wendy
Debuted: 2006
# of sets posed for in 2012: 11

Records are made to be broken and in 2012 Wendy edged Jamie's 10 set record by one. I couldn't think of a better person to break the record either. Wendy is someone who has been shooting for me since our college days. At that time I was running my free sites on Yahoo! Geocities before starting The 10 Little Piggies. Since her Soles of Silk debut, she's been one of my most regular models.

By topping this year's list, Wendy becomes the fourth model to make three appearances as a Star Model. It puts her in elite company with the likes of Madison, Layla, and Cierra. Wendy's 11 sets in 2012 came from three different meet ups. Each time we managed to do several sets. The first shoot was very early in the year, while it was still cold outside. We shot in a few different spots inside her new house. A few months later, in the spring, we met up again and shot all around town. Once summer came, we did it again, with me finding even more awesome spots to use as backgrounds. She even teased me saying that I knew more cool spots in her new hometown than she did. Yay for Google Earth!

Thanks for joining me on this stroll through Soles of Silk's history. I always aim to give my models as much credit as possible. Without them, Soles of Silk wouldn't be what it is. Please be sure to check out the next retroactive installment where I cover 2013's Star Models.

* When I began naming Soles of Silk's Star Models in 2015, I decided to list the three most photographed models of the year. When going back to do these blogs retroactively, it became apparent that there would be many ties. Due to this fact, you will often see more than three models featured.

Retroactive Star Model Leader Count (as of 2012)

This portion of the blog was added in November 2017 when I went back to do the Star Models of years past (2004-14). I wanted to see which models made the most appearances throughout the years and who actually shot the most, well, the most? Wanting to know this information, I decided to share the results at the conclusion of these blogs as they progress. I will include this on each and every installment moving forward.

Most Overall Appearances
  • 3 appearances - Madison (2004, 2006, 2008), Layla (2005, 2007, 2009), Wendy (2006, 2008, 2012), Cierra (2008, 2009, 2010)
  • 2 appearances - Kellie (2005, 2006), Molly (2005, 2006), Jordana (2008, 2010), Jamie (2010, 2012), Mileena (2011, 2012)
  • 1 appearance - Lauryn (2004), Lisa Tyler (2004), Sue Lovely (2004), Kimmie (2005), Lexi (2005), Abby (2007), Mindee (2007), Lady Steph (2008), Jaylee Austin (2009), Charlee (2011), Kayleigh (2011), Ryan (2011), Aspen (2012), Nikki (2012)

Most Overall 1st Place Appearances

  • 2 appearances - Kellie (2005, 2006)
  • 1 appearance - Madison (2004), Layla (2005), Wendy (2012), Cierra (2008), Jaylee Austin (2009), Jamie (2010), Mileena (2011), Ryan (2011)
Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments