Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Monday's Shoot - Kaycee

I was so excited for the three day span of Sunday, May 31 through Tuesday, June 2. I set up shoots with three different models, one of which was to fall on my birthday (today). Well, things didn't exactly go as planned and in the grand scheme of things, but what I was able to shoot, I am very happy with.

Sunday was supposed to mark the return of Amber to Soles of Silk. She hasn't posed since 2004 - back before I had even launched the site. She was one of my original eight models. I was so happy to be having her back. Sadly, she texted me from work on Sunday to tell me her coworker called out due to an emergency and she wouldn't be getting off until late that evening. Amber even got her toes done with a cute, simple design, that I loved (see below). Oh well, good things come to those who wait. It's been 11 years now, what a few more weeks?

Amber's pedicure for Sunday.


Tuesday's plans also never quite got off the ground as I talked with Carlin about doing some sets. She said she'd love to, but she'd have to ask her mother to watch her kids. Her mom ended up having a doctor's appointment that same day, so that didn't work out. Because of this I even tried seeing if Amber could shoot Tuesday, but no luck.

Thankfully Monday's shoot with Kaycee worked out, but just barely! As Monday drew near I saw the forecast was calling for rain and storms for the entire day. It looked like all three of my shoots weren't going to happen. Needless to say, I was kind of bummed out. These were the first shoots I've been able to schedule in several weeks because I've been terribly busy. I was really looking forward to getting in some camera time and hanging out with three friends.

The day before our shoot I told Kaycee I was going to come up with some sightseeing alternatives in case the day was washed out. We were going to Philadelphia for a set or two, so if need be, we could just explore the city a bit. What ended up happening was a mix of both, however.

I picked up Kaycee around 9 a.m. and I decided to do our first set locally. It wasn't raining and the sky was cloudy, but not gloomy. I figured it might be best to get in at least one shoot while we could.

Mindee's original blue ball & socks set - coming next week!


For months Kaycee and I had planned on doing a sister set to one of Mindee's that we shot late last year - her blue balls and socks set. Mindee's set has yet to be published, but I will be adding it to Soles of Silk next week. Kaycee's follow up set will go up the week after Mindee's. Kaycee just thought the theme was awesome. Mindee also, for some reason, put the socks back in my camera bag after the shoot, so I had them to use in Kaycee's set too. We would just change the set up slightly and have the socks tie the two sets together. Mindee loved the idea as well!

Once we got to the courts Kaycee pulled on the socks. I dropped the seven squishy balls I bought for props all around her. Those were the elements of Kaycee's set that would set hers apart from Mindee's. Mindee's set was nothing but blue balls. Kaycee's was multicolored squishy balls, but oddly, two of them were blue. Hmm...

Kaycee's sister set to Mindee's.


From that start of the set I was loving the bright colors going on between Kaycee's attire and the balls scattered about. It added a slightly different element to the set from Mindee's, where everything was blue. It tied them together, but wasn't a direct copy, which I liked.

As excited as Kaycee was to do this set, I was just as eager to shoot it. It was a blast seeing Kaycee tugging those socks off and squishing only those blue balls. Both these sets captured a fun aspect to them, even though there is that slight teasing aspect about them. Must be part of these two girls' personalities? 

Before I wrapped up the set I sent a couple of camera phone photos to Mindee and she thought they were awesome. I also posted them to the site's Instagram account (@SolesofSilk). Check those out if you didn't get to see them yet.

I can't wait to have both of these sets published over the next several weeks. Furthermore, I have every intention of getting both of these girls together for a set or two this summer. That should be fun!

With this set now in the books we took a quick break to eat lunch and make our way up to Philadelphia. As we drew closer I told Kaycee we might just luck out. The forecast said there was a 60 percent chance of rain at the hour we pulled into the parking lot a few blocks from the Benjamin Franklin Bridge - the location I wanted to use for this year's Soles of Silk Wu's Feet Links feature set. I guess we lucked out on the 40 percent chance side of it not raining? We got in the entire set without getting rained on whatsoever.

For this set I bought Kaycee a shirt with some pinup art that also happened to read, "foot fetish" on it. She grabbed some black shorts and heels to match and asked if it would be okay for her to wear her glasses for the set. I liked the idea and said sure.

When we began the set there was hardly anyone in the area. Although I'm not familiar with Philly, I am guessing it was due to the impending rain. We had a person here and there when we started, but I told Kaycee we should just shoot as we were lucky the rain had held out this long. She agreed so we began shooting. I'm sure a few people were wondering what we were doing.

This year's Soles of Silk Wu's Feet Links feature set.


We moved all around Race Street Park as there were benches and stands galore! We shot out on the edge with the bridge going off in the distance behind her. We also shot to where you could see one of the large pillars of the bridge in the background (see above photo).

I wanted to shoot a couple of more spots that were occupied by people before we finished the set, but as soon as they moved, a family with several kids came down and ran all over the one spot I wanted to use most. By time they went on their way, you could tell the rain was coming. The wind had picked up and Kaycee's long hair was beginning to blow all over the place. To get our last few photos we went on the stands where some of the wind was blocked.

By now the temperature was dropping and the wind had a bitter chill to it. Being on the water didn't help either, so we made our way back to the car. We knew we couldn't get in more sets, so we decided to head to Eastern State Penitentiary for some sight seeing. I had been there for their Terror Behind the Walls Halloween attraction several times, but never for a historic tour. Kaycee was really wanting to visit this historic prison too, so that's where we went.

We spent a few hours walking Eastern State Penitentiary and taking all kinds of photos of the amazing place. Toward the end of our visit, however, I had the bright idea to take a fun foot fetish photo in one of the cell blocks. No one was around and Kaycee thought it would be cute too. She sat up on one of the benches in the middle of the cell block, kicked off her flip flops, and showed off her dirty bare soles! I posted a black and white version of the photo to the site's Twitter account (@SolesofSilk) and called it her mugshot, Soles of Silk style.

A quick iPhone snap of Kaycee while at Eastern State Penitentiary.


By this time a thunderstorm was overhead and the rain was coming down hard! We left the penitentiary and hit up South Street for a little bit. There was just too much rain coming down to enjoy the shops, so we ate and made our way home.

Even though two of my three shoots didn't happen these last few days, the sets I did with Kaycee made this a great weekend nonetheless. In the grand scheme of things, even if Carlin or Amber had been able to shoot today, it's still drizzling, so it might have been postponed anyhow. Either way, it looks like I have some shoots to reschedule. But for the rest of today, my birthday, I'll be doing what I normally do - putting up some pretty female feet on Soles of Silk for tomorrow's update. This week's update is none other than Emerald whose feet you'll be seeing encased in nude colored fishnet stockings. Looks like it's going to be a good few weeks of updates.



Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


You can also find Soles of Silk on Social Media & Wu's Feet Links!

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment