Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - My 10 Favorite Sets: 2005

At the end of 2013 I decided to make a blog entry titled, My 10 Favorite Photo Shoots of 2013. It was the first time I ever took a look back to pick my favorite sets from a calendar year. I planned on doing it again here for 2014, but then I began to think about doing it for years past to further go along with this year being the site's 10th year online. I thought it might make for a fun little stroll down memory lane with some of the site's best sets with models who may or may not be posing anymore.

I'm sticking with the criteria I used for the 2013 favorites as a guide for this series. Only sets that were published during that year will be featured, regardless of when they were shot. I'm also leaving out Wu's Feet Links Feature Model galleries. Only the sets published to Soles of Silk will be eligible. With that said, let's take a look at my favorite shoots of 2005:






10. Easter Hose & Candy

Model(s): Cierra
Published Date: March 23, 2015

It didn't take long for me to realize Cierra's infinity for squishing food between her feet. For an Easter themed set in 2005 Cierra crushed several Peeps and a Cadbury Egg between her pink pantyhose clad feet. I had actually ran a contest too which resulted in the stockings being sent to one of the site's members. Needless to say, he was quite happy with them and the set itself.







9. Chalky Feet

Model(s): Chloe & Meagan
Published Date: August 31, 2005

When I approached Chloe about modeling she got her friend Meagan on board as well. The first day we went out to shoot, the only time I got to shoot Meagan, the girls did a set together. The original plan was to do a hop scotch theme, but when I saw the colorful court where we picked to shoot, we just decided to have the girls chalk up each other's feet instead. Talk about one fun, very cute set.







8. Hosed Down

Model(s): Shayna
Published Date: December 28, 2005

I met with Shayna one day before she was headed off to some summer classes to squeeze in a quick set, but had no real clue of what we'd do. Since it was warm we decided to do one out back on the deck of her pool and use the hose. As soon as I began snapping photos of her the water splashing all over her plump toes I knew I had an awesome set in the making.







7. School Girl Study Session

Model(s): Madison & Lauryn
Published Date: January 5 & March 16, 2005 (2 part post)

This set was technically the site's very first update. Since Lauryn came by to do sets with Madison in the months prior to the site's launch, I wanted to get them together. 


When I pitched the idea to do a school girl set and the girls loved it. What I didn't realize, however, was just how fun loving these two girls would be when paired together. You could totally tell these girls are good friends as they played off one another so well, especially when pulling off each other's thigh highs.







6. Gummi Bears, Fishnets, & Heels

Model(s): Lexi
Published Date: July 20, 2005

This set featuring the infamous Lexi will always be memorable as it is the first one published to Soles of Silk. People went nuts over our collaboration together and this set was so damn fun to shoot. 


What you can't see in this preview is the fishnets and pink heels she had on prior. Those little gummi bears were trapped inside those fishnets and squished between her feet and shoes.







5. Neon Fishnets

Model(s): Molly
Published Date: November 9, 2005 & January 4, 2006 (2 part post)

Speaking of fishnets, Molly wore a fishnet outfit for one of my favorite shoots with her in 2005. The pantyhose were pink and the shirt was green. I divided the set into two parts, the first part showing off those feet trapped in the hose and the second, her ripping them off. Seeing her massive size 11 feet in that hose was an amazing sight.








4. Purple Thigh Highs & Dishes

Model(s): Kellie
Published Date: July 27, 2005

Man, 2005 sure did feature lots of stockings, huh? I found this purple pair and when Kellie and I decided to do a shoot at her place one afternoon I asked her if she had anything that might match them. She pulled out a purple top and white skirt and the rest was history. 


We did the set on the kitchen counter and washed some of the dishes left in the sink. There was so much I loved about this set and is one of my favorite Kellie sets of all time.







3. Fire Boats

Model(s): Carmen
Published Date: October 5, 2005

It was so hard to pick which Carmen set I loved the most in 2005 as she had quite a few. You can't go wrong, however, with Carmen in a bikini! 


This set was actually done at Baltimore's Fort McHenry, a popular tourist area. Over to the side where the water taxi departs are some fire boats. I thought it might make for an interesting background and it sure did. Funny thing is, I'm sure most people never looked past the foreground!







2. Dodgeball

Model(s): Kellie, Carmen, Kimmie, & Cheri
Published Date: June 8, 2005

This set marked the first time I ever shot four models at once. It was actually supposed to be five, but Cierra was unable to make it. We still made due, however, shooting a set themed to one of my favorite childhood games - dodgeball. 


Seeing all four pairs of tiny feet together was a sight to behold. Best part was the older couple playing tennis nearby and the wife being totally pissed off when the husband would look over to see what we were doing!




1. Pillow Fight

Model(s): Madison & Lauryn
Published Date: July 6, 2005

I said it above, but I'll say it again. Madison and Lauryn together was a recipe for fun times! These two delivered in both sets they did together. In hindsight, I really wish I had gotten them together even more. 


This set was done in a hotel room I rented for the night and involved both girls in their pajamas, whacking each other with pillows, and a bunch of feathers. And that photo above has always been one of my all time favorites!


Honorable Mentions (6): Carmen - Clipper Ship, Sara Swirls - Chocolate Pudding, Precious - Ocean Pier, Layla - Draw Bridge, Kellie & Kimmie - Twins Self Photo Shoot, Chloe - Laundry

So what photo sets were your favorites from this year? I thank you for taking a look back with me at a little bit of this site's history. These 10 years online have flown by so quick!

Comments