Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - 2012

Aspen modeled her feet only several days after turning 18.

2012: At a Glance


Debuting Models: (4) Alaynah, Amelia, Aspen, and Emerald

Wu's Feet Links Feature Gallery: Kayleigh - After School Feet

Kayleigh had become such a major part of Soles of Silk and I loved that she was going to be a Wu's Feature Model.

2012: The Year in Review


Much like 2011, 2012 saw only four new models join Soles of Silk's roster during the calendar year - none of which even debuted until August. While new models weren't high in number, the existing model roster sure stepped it up a notch when it came to making their marks. But first, let's look at who was new in 2012.

The first new model to debut was none other than Aspen, in August - and boy was she ever popular! She posed only several days after her 18th birthday and like other girls before her, she was friends with other girls at work who had already posed for me, such as Ryan. Aspen's first set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) also marked the first time I used my brand new camera, a Canon Rebel T3i. It also marked the move to 1080p HD video clips and 1920 x 1280 file sizes on the site.

A month later the site's second new model was doing her first sets for Soles of Silk. Amelia actually found me on social media and complimented me on my photography. Come to find out she was friends with a few of the girls on my site, so I decided to play stupid. I asked her if it was my regular photography she liked or what I did on my site. She actually didn't know about Soles of Silk, so I told her about it. Luckily for me, she thought it was pretty neat and said she'd totally be up for doing it.

When October came I added the site's third new model, Emerald. I had met Emerald a few times through Mindee, but until now she wasn't able to pose. Some things changed in Emerald's life in 2012 and was ever so eager to show off her adorable feet for the first time. Luckily it wasn't cold outside yet and we made the most of a great day shooting a few sets before winter arrived. 

The final new model to the site in 2012 didn't arrive until it's final week. Alaynah turned 18 a few days into December and told me she thought it would be fun to pose for the site. Instead of just debuting her at random I asked her if she'd be interested in debuting in the site's New Year's set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) - a new model to help bring in the New Year. So while she was only on the site for two days before 2013, she still made her debut in 2012.

With those four the only new models added to the site, you'd think a few models would have went all out in having a lot of sets to fill the void when it came to updates. That's not exactly the case though. There were 11 models who each posed for three or more sets in 2012. Carlin led the way with five sets. Wendy, Mindee, Kayleigh, Jamie, and Aspen each had four. And Ryan, Olivia, Mileena, Jordana, and Charlee had three sets apiece. For the most part, each one of these girls actually posed for more. I just couldn't get them all published before the end of the year.

So now that we saw who debuted and who helped carry the load when it came to updates in 2012, let's look at the year in a little more detail.

In February I really began to expand the site's Interviews section. I had already began to elaborate on it in 2011 with the Modeling Interviews, a follow up to the Introductory Interviews, but now I was beginning to explore things even more. I began adding some specialized interviews and even ones where the models even interviewed me.

It was the month of March that saw one of the biggest reasons for Carlin's large photo count for the year. We rented out a hotel room downtown and did an all day shoot. We shot five sets that day and had a blast.

At the end of June Wu, of Wu's Feet Links published Soles of Silk's seventh feature set, "After School Feet," which featured Kayleigh. It was only a month prior to this set that Kayleigh reached the 1,000 photo mark on the site, so it was a good two months for one of my most dependable models. Kayleigh really sky-rocketed up the charts when it came to photo count based on the fact that she only debuted two and half years before.

During the month of July, while on vacation, I decided to dedicate the entire week to shoots for the site. I called it the "Hot Feet Week," mostly due to how hot the feet were in front of my camera, but also due to the fact that it was regularly in the upper 90s when it came to temperature those days. It was well worth it, however, as I ended up shooting: Mindee (2 sets), Ryan (2 sets), Mileena (6 sets), Kellie (2 sets), Nikki (2 sets), and Olivia (2 sets).

In August I was overly elated to bring Aliza back to the site. Shortly after her 2010 debut she asked me if she could be removed from the site due to family reasons. She granted me permission to add her back in August, however. That also allowed me to publish all the content we had done, but never made it online, and she even agreed to meet up again for some new sets. This was great news and so many people were happy to see her return.

In September Aspen and I finally got a chance to do an all-day shoot, something we had planned on doing all summer, but kept getting screwed out of doing due to bad weather. On Labor Day we finally made it happen, hitting up Seaside Heights, NJ. The weather was still poor, but we made it work, getting in four sets. Aspen wasn't done in September though. 

In October Aspen and I did another day trip, this time to an amusement park. From my prior experiences I knew the park wouldn't be too crowded on Sundays during the day when they ran their Halloween events. I took my camera and we grabbed a bunch of pictures in front of all their roller coasters. And then there was December. 

In December Aspen teamed up with Ryan, something I had teased since her debut. The two girls have always been great friends and I knew fans would love seeing them together, and in all honesty, I wanted to see it too. I picked up little Santa outfits, some fence net stockings, and had the girls each present each other with presents - which oddly enough, turned out to be footwear. This Christmas set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) was one of the site's biggest hits.

As you can see, between Aspen's and Ryan's Christmas set and the New Year's set mentioned above featuring Alaynah, Soles of Silk really finished off the year with a bang. I had a ton of great new content that had yet to be published and with 2013 right around the corner, I knew I people would be loving what they saw moving forward. Be sure to check back here when I take a look at the year that was 2013 in the next installment of this blog series.

Emerald finally posed for Soles of Silk in 2012, someone I knew through Mindee for a few years prior.

2012: Tidbits & Facts


- Aspen actually posed for eight total sets within the first five months she was on the site.

- Wendy posed for seven sets in 2012 after not having been in front of my camera since 2010.

- The Fantasy Football themed set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) Olivia was featured in for 2012 saw her in our mutual friend's movie room - a room I painted the Ravens logo in after he had his house renovated.

- Mindee was scared beyond belief posing on the Paper Mill Bridge (Sample 01 / Sample 02). The bridge itself is like that of a draw bridge where you can see everything below. At 100 feet off the ground, she was quite nervous, but loved the setting so much she did it anyway.

- The original final destination for Mileena's all day shoot during the Hot Feet Week was Blackwater Falls in West Virginia. After shooting four sets along the four hour drive to the falls, the set we did at Blackwater (Sample 01 / Sample 02) didn't turn out as I had planned with limited views of the falls from where she was able to pose. We lucked out, however, after learning of the Elakala Falls only minutes away. The set at Elakala Falls (Sample 01 / Sample 02) was one of the most scenic I've ever used.

- After shooting at Blackwater and Elakala Falls, Mileena and I headed home. During our drive we were stopped in Western Maryland by a police officer because a cow had wandered out onto the highway. By this time it was pitch black dark as Western Maryland is covered in mountains and trees. I'm not sure if my car or the cow would have won had we met at the speeds I was traveling.

- During Carlin's all day shoot we made quite the mess. Between the floor being sticky and the dirty towels from cleaning up after the Brownie Mix set (Sample 01 / Sample 02), the red stains from the Rose Petals set (Sample 01 / Sample 02), and all the Nerds we lost down in the couch in the Nerds set (Sample 01 / Sample 02), I felt bad for the cleaning staff.

- The hotel room Carlin and I used during her all day set was the same exact room number at the same exact hotel Mindee and I used when we did her Vanilla Wafers & Banana Creampie Pudding set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) and Nude Pantyhose set (Sample 01 / Sample 02) the year before. It was not planned.

- The Seaside Heights, NJ location Aspen and I used as a backdrop for her beach sets on Labor Day is also the location used primarily for the MTV show, The Jersey Shore. We actually drove by the beach house and went into the shirt store they worked in.

- It took quite a while to blow up all the balloons in Alaynah's New Year's set.

Amelia actually asked me to model after finding me on social media.

Comments