Would Love to Shoot #10 - Andrea, Carmen, & Ginger

As many of you know, 2014 marks the 10 year anniversary for Soles of Silk. All year long I've been trying to do things that promote the number 10. With this being the 10th installment in the "Would Love to Shoot" blog series, I figured it would be a neat to throw in a little wrinkle. This installment will feature three models who I have not shot in years.

It was hard to narrow this list down to just three. I was going to bump it up to five or even 10, but decided against it. In all honesty, I wish every girl who hasn't shot for me in a while would return. That, however, wouldn't make for an interesting blog. So I guess the interesting part here is going to be, what three models did I pick?



Andrea was awesome at toe spread shots!

Andrea

Debut Year: 2006
Photo Count: 123

Some of you may have forgotten about Andrea since it's been about eight years since she's last posed. I, however, have not. Andrea was my most shot foot model in the days prior to Soles of Silk. She and I were next door neighbors growing up. So when I really began going all out in doing my foot photography in my college days, I just leaned over the fence and asked her if she'd be interested. Luckily for me, she was. And she just so happened to be barefoot that day I asked too - laying out doing some sunbathing.

Eventually I discontinued my old sites and my camera was tucked away until I decided to create Soles of Silk (see blog: "Soles of Silk 10 Year Anniversary - 2004"). By this time Andrea had married and moved. I'd see her every now and then and one day I told her about my all new site, Soles of Silk. I lucked out yet again as she agreed to pose. She made her debut shooting one of my early Ravens-themed sets. She would also pose for the set above, a repeat location of the very first location I ever shot her all those years ago. Those two sets were the only ones ever shot for Soles of Silk, however. She expressed that due to personal reasons she wasn't going to doing more. I respected her decision as a long time friend, although I was sad that one of my most dependable models wasn't going to be available any longer.

I always had a ton of fun being around Andrea. I'm glad she's doing well, but certainly would love to have her back in front of the camera again. I don't see that happening, but it doesn't mean I can't have her here on the list. 



Carmen always had fun showing off her small feet.

Carmen

Debut Year: 2005
Photo Count: 515

Back when Carmen debuted she was an instant hit. She was Soles of Silk's most recognizable model and one people would always want to see more of. When Wu from Wu's Feetlinks asked me if I'd be willing to do a feature gallery in 2005, I was all over it. With Carmen's popularity, I wasn't surprised that he wanted her. With her Blue Jeans & Toes feature set Carmen became a favorite of many and one I still get constant requests for.

Carmen and I met working together. She eventually became one of the best female friends I've ever had. I could tell her anything and she always cared for how I was feeling - a true friend.

When she agreed to pose it was the dead of winter. That didn't stop her, however. She wanted to pose ASAP as I had asked her earlier, but she declined due to a former overbearing boyfriend. With him out of the picture, she was practically pulling her shoes off wanting to be a part of the site. 

In early January 2005 Carmen and I took a trip downtown and she posed by a Clipper Ship and behind an art museum in a neat looking wooden hut. It was bitter cold, but Carmen was a trooper and couldn't wait to see herself online. I felt bad having her freezing her toes off out there, but it was what she wanted. I appreciated her enthusiasm, and to be honest, and been wanting her on the site so bad that I agreed to the cold weather sets.

Carmen would eventually take a short break from posing when we lost touch for a bit. She moved away for a short time, but when she came back, we picked right back up. History would repeat itself again, though. Carmen moved once again, this time out of state, and I haven't shot her since. Honestly, we haven't talked much either, which I hate as she was always someone I admired a great deal. I even tried contacting prior to a road trip I was planning last year as we would be traveling through her state. I was keeping my fingers crossed that we could meet up, catch up a little bit, and maybe even get in a few new sets for the site. Ultimately, it didn't happen, but I knew if it had, people would be going bonkers for it.


This set of Ginger is one of my all-time favorites on the entire site.

Ginger

Debut Year: 2010
Photo Count: 307

Landing Ginger was one of my hardest achievements. It took over 10 years to get her to finally pose. So when she came aboard and posed for several sets right away, I was so happy. Since then, however, she's very hard to get in touch with.

I met Ginger at work while I was still in college. I was always after her to pose for my old sites, but she would always decline. She didn't decline like she thought it was strange, however. No, she did the playful female tease decline that left me wondering if she'd eventually come around. Well, that she did, but not until I had Soles of Silk running for six years. You can imagine my happiness when that happened. Seeing those high arched feet flexing for her first sets was a sight to behold and I just knew people were going to love her. And love her they did. It's been a few years since I last shot with Ginger and people regularly ask if she'll be doing any new sets. I've contacted her a few times, usually getting the "I've been busy," response, but she's never said she's not interested. I even contacted her lately and she seemed like a return might be on the horizon. Of course it's too cold to do any outdoor sets right now, but I plan to keep contacting her when spring finally rolls around.

Ginger has always been a fun loving, beautiful girl. I wasn't at all surprised to see that translate to her photos. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her photo count will rise this year as I'd love to have her back, especially with it being the site's 10 year anniversary. Of the three girls on this blog installment, I think she's the most likely to return.

Comments