Notice Some Changes Recently?

Starting with the January 15, 2014 update you probably noticed some extra update material being placed in the What's New boxes on the site. In addition to all the great content that's been going up week after week in this young 2014, I've also been changing some things to make the site that much better. Below are some of the items that have seen and will continue to see a face lift on the site:


A screen shot of Olivia's galleries from her model page.



Model Gallery Pages


I made mention of this in a blog several weeks ago titled, "Changing Gallery Pages." That blog, however, is already outdated with its information and is no longer relevant. Early on in the update process I covered in that blog, I found a better way to do things. Gone are all the head shots that were used for the model galleries. What has replaced them is a sample image from each set. Although the girls are pretty, I know you're here to see their soft soles - it only made sense. Don't know why it took me 10 years to figure this one out.

Two things that I did decide to keep from my initial plans are the date structure and ordering. All galleries are now dated from the date they were published to the site, with all the newest galleries being found first. All the model pages have now been structured this way with contribution models coming soon.


Interview Text


For some reason the font size used in all the interviews was on the small side since I opened Soles of Silk. In the columns, however, I used a larger font and while I was working on some of the site restructuring, I figured I'd make them both the larger font. It did make the pages slightly taller to scroll through, but there will be no more squinting to find out if a girl is ticklish, or what her favorite set has been!



A screen shot of the interview with Madison moved to the interviews section.



Interviews Hidden in Old Columns


Before I decided to expand the site's interviews section with different types of interviews I would sometimes ask models questions as part of my columns. I found one such column that asked Madison a bunch of questions that I've since asked models in modeling interviews. I decided to copy this over and call it a modeling interview, as it should be. In the weeks to come I'm going to go back through other columns and see if I can turn up any others I might have missed - no matter how big or small.


Center Justify


Times have changed with how you should layout a website. When I began Soles of Silk over 10 years ago, many said justifying the site to the left was the best way to go. Now everyone does center. While I was making all the changes above I decided it's time for the site to move to the center as well. Only the members section has been updated, but the guest area will be right around the corner.


Other Adjustments


It seems like each time I sit down to do any of the adjustments I've mentioned above I find something else to fix or tweak. I'm looking at a few other items to add, change, or even remove along the way. If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Comments