Monday's Shoot - Jamie

Although I have done countless photo shoots in 2013, one of my regular models had yet to appear in front of my camera. That model was Jamie. As many of you know, Jamie has done a lot of photos for the site since she turned 18 three years ago. But during her summer break from school this year, we were never able to find the time and back to school she went.

About a week ago Jamie sent me a text asking if I had any plans for the coming week. I told her Sunday was out because I'd be at an amusement park, but Monday was wide open. She asked if we could meet for some photos and I said sure.

As the days went by the forecast was nothing but rain. And by "nothing but," I mean it! It rained for hours each and every day leading to today. At one point we even discussed doing some rainy or muddy themed sets, but decided to take a wait and see approach on how the weather shaped up. Luckily for us the weather ended up cooperating. It wasn't hot, but it surely wasn't cold. The sun was out in full force, so there was no need to figure out how I could protect my camera from any falling rain drops.

I met up with Jamie around noon. We both had plans for the evening, so we decided to just do two sets. Add them to the three sets I shot with her in the winter of 2012 and that will give me plenty of Jamie updates this winter.

Before we set out to our first location we stopped for a pedicure. Jamie had a neat blue/green color on her toes, but we wanted to freshen things up. We looked at all the colors she's done in the past and decided to go with a dark purple this time around. I waited for her to get polished up and then we were on our way.

We found ourselves at a park I have used a few times in the past for her first set. Although I've shot here numerous times, we were limited on time and I know the place well enough to find a location quickly.

Once we parked we walked out to the pier, only to find it left rather messy - I'm talking dead fish, old bait, dried up worms, etc. I wasn't about to clean at that up, so we walked to the other side of the park to see what we could find.

Down along the shore we found a picnic bench a foot or two from the surf. We decided to use it due to its privacy and it still being on the water. Jamie took a seat and I readied my camera. This first set would be strictly barefoot as I had plans to do shoes in the second set.


Jamie sticks her fingers between her little toes.


There really wasn't much to say about the way this set went other than Jamie stuck her feet out and I took picture after picture. She's posed for so many in the past, so I barely had to tell her anything. She knows what I like. Every so often I'd say to spread or curl her toes for a pose, but she was doing most of that on her own.

Before you knew it, we had already shot an entire set. It took no time at all. Guess that is what happens when I shoot an experienced person and there is no one around to bother you. So with the set done, we moved to a video clip.

I didn't want to just do a simple soles and toes video, so I gave her a bottle of lotion. I told her to rub it into her feet while I recorded. A few people have asked for some self-massage clips in the past, so I got one in here.

Once the clip was finished we gathered our things to head back to the car. I wanted to go to a different location for our second set, but due to some traffic, we changed plans. I took a detour to another park that was right around the corner from where we were bumper to bumper. In all honesty, we could have went to the original location, but I wanted to save time to give Jamie a foot rub afterward. It's become the norm for me to give Jamie a nice long massage after our shoots. And since I haven't rubbed those little feet since last winter, it was long overdue.

When we pulled into this park we made our way over to the bathroom area. Of course it was locked, so Jamie hurried up and changed behind the wall. I playfully asked her if I could film it, but no such luck - not that I expected her to say yes.

Now that Jamie was dressed and in her little black and blue Nikes we walked around the park for a bit to figure out our next location. I also was letting her feet sit in those shoes for a bit as she wasn't wearing socks. I know she wearing them all day, but I was hoping they'd moisten up just a little bit.

After we doubled back to a bench along the boardwalk area we prepared for the second set. Someone was fishing nearby, but Jamie took the attitude that many of my models have taken. 

"I won't ever see them again," she said.


Who else wants to sniff Jamie's foot and shoe?


At the start of this set I told Jamie I wanted her in the shoes for a few photos. I would tell her when and how to pull them off. This was going to be a slow shoe strip tease (Too bad they wouldn't be scratch and sniff pictures). I also mentioned that I was going to be putting a few shots of her removing her shoes on the site's Instagram page (@SolesofSilk). It's amazing just how many more likes each photo gets as more of her feet came into view. Same thing happened when Colleen stripped off her Converse back in September (see blog: "Today's Shoot - Colleen").

During Jamie's shoe strip there was certain one person who was liking it above and beyond all the followers on Instagram. That person was me. I loved these shoes! When she showed me the shoes earlier, I told her I thought they were too cute. I love black shoes with a single bright color. A few of my female friends have shoes like Jamie's and I always want them to be worn in sets. Luckily for me, Jamie had a pair and she brought them.

Eventually the shoe removal would end and those moist feet were totally bare. That's when I had Jamie lay on her stomach for some pose shots. I told her to keep her shoes down by her hands and face because I wanted them in the shots. After snapping a few shots I decided to have her smell her shoes. She gave me a cute look, but did it - putting the openings of those shoes right over her nose.

Around this time a few other people came into the area to fish. They both went directly behind us, instead of the hundreds of feet of open boardwalk area elsewhere. Jamie and I were practically done the shoot at this point, so I took the last few shots and asked her if she wanted to go somewhere else for a video clip. I really wanted a video of her pulling those shoes off. Can you blame me?

Once again Jamie didn't mind who was around. "We can do it here. I don't care," she said.

With that, she pulled her shoes back on, laced them up and I got into position. Position meaning down on my butt on the ground with her on the bench above. Putting her feet out to my camera I gave the countdown and then filmed her pulling those shoes from her tiny feet.

Now finished, I asked Jamie if she wanted her foot rub right here, or back in the car. She picked the car because the seats were more comfy. Plus, she wanted to look through the pictures and the sun was so bright, making the view screen hard to see. Slipping her shoes on once more, we walked back to the car and I got the lotion ready.

Jamie looked through the pictures while I did my thing. I couldn't tell you how many hours Jamie's feet have been in my hands, but it's a lot. I also had her take a photo of me with one of her feet and shoes to my nose. She's always a sweetie taking a picture or two of me amusing myself with her feet after her shoots. After the picture, however, it was back to rubbing those feet!

Eventually the foot rub had to come to an end. I drove her home and wished her luck when she returns to school. I said to keep in touch and hopefully we'll get to shoot again in the spring of 2014. This fall/winter expect to be seeing these as well as the existing sets of Jamie I'm still sitting on. She's not far away from joining the 1K Club either - the club for models who reach 1,000 photos. Only 104 more photos to go, much more than that already shot.

Comments