Wu Feature History - Madison (2008)

The following is part of a series of blogs that will look back at all the feature sets from Soles of Silk that have appeared on Wu's Feetlinks and the girls who made them a success. Carmen got the ball rolling in 2006 and every year since, Soles of Silk has had a set featured on Wu's Feetlinks - the most recent of which stars Aspen. In the last entry we looked at the first ever feature set to star two girls at once with Kimmie and Kellie. In this entry Madison gets her well deserved time to shine as she was the site's most photographed model for most of Soles of Silk's existence... 

Madison's toes act as coin slots.


2008 Feature: Piggy Bank Piggies

Model: Madison
Shoe Size: 8.5

I can still remember when Wu approached me about doing the site's third feature set. I had a number of girls on the site, but none were more active and more dependable at the time than Madison. So when Wu signed off on Madison being the girl this time around, I was overly happy. At the time, Madison was also going through a break up after a long term relationship, so I decided to cheer her up with the news. I took her out to dinner one night, promising that I had some news she had to hear. I still remember the smile she got from being told Wu picked her to be the 2008 feature model to represent Soles of Silk.

When it came time to do the set I had the idea of doing a set with a piggy bank as I loved the play off the word "piggy" with toes being called "piggies." Of course I had to go to about a dozen stores to find a damn piggy bank. When I did find one, however, it had the words "shoe fund" etched in the side. Talk about good luck!

Prior to the set I made sure to pull some money out of the bank and get a few rolls of coins to break open. I've never been a fan of sets where models pose with cash to show how much money they make from their fans, so I wanted to make sure this looked nothing like that. I wanted the set to be fun and all about a girl wanting to buy some shoes. So we kept the bills on the smaller side because in all reality, who shoves $50s and $100s in piggy banks?

Although Madison was making regular updates on Soles of Silk, she did gain some new fans with this feature set. It also marked the first time I submitted such a large set to Wu - something that has become the norm ever since Madison showed off her narrow soles for her set in 2008.


I count 11 piggies in this picture.


Be sure to check back for a look at the feature set that followed this one, a set that dared to be different with a bit of attitude and teasing that stars the site's currently most shot model, Cierra.

Comments