Early 2013 Outlook - What's Ahead?

The Ravens are on their way to the Super Bowl. Here is a little team spirit.

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

The first month of 2013 is coming to an end. It's super cold outside, but my Baltimore Ravens are on their way to the Super Bowl - so all is well. So what's on the horizon for 2013 (other than a Ravens Super Bowl win)? I'll answer some of that below as I have a handful of items to go over for all of you here.

June 2013 Wu's Feature Model Announced
I've known about this for a couple of months now, but I was waiting for Wu to make it official. Soles of Silk will again have one if it's models featured in a Feature Model Gallery on Wu's Feet Links. In June 2013 Aspen will join the likes of: Carmen, Kimmie, Kellie, Madison, Cierra, Mindee, Ryan, and Kayleigh as a Wu's Feet Links Feature Model. Congratulations Aspen! We already have a really neat idea for the set, but it will require exact timing for us to pull it off. She and I are keeping our fingers crossed!

I'm sad to say that Kayleigh moved out of state.

Kayleigh Moves Out Of State

I'm sad that Kayleigh has moved down south. I do have a few sets of her that I have not yet posted, so that's good news. She, however, was one of my most dependable girls when it came to getting together for a shoot. Had I known she was planning on moving, I would have tried a little harder to get in a few more sets first. We had always talked about doing some sets that we had planned on, but we just never made the plans. I told her to keep me informed should she come back home to visit family/friends as I'll most certainly try to get some camera time in with her. Otherwise, I might just have to take a mini-vacation at some point for some new background scenery.

It has been so long since I had Layla in front of my camera.

Bringing Back Past Models
This week's update features Layla in a set done in front of some Willow Trees. While this set was done toward the end of last year, I held onto it as Layla hasn't been in front of my camera as she used to be. When the New Year was approaching a number of weeks ago, I thought it best to try to use Layla's set to kick start an idea I had for the site.

In 2013 I'm trying to bring back some models who have not posed in some time. Sometimes that's hard for everyone to know since I often have set that go months before being posted. But there are a number of girls that haven't posed in well over a year that I'd like to get back in front of the camera. Some of the ones who I have talked to are: Colleen, Kelsey, Autumn, Cierra, Paige Noelle, Lady Steph, and Kimmie (and do some much request twin sets with her sister Kellie). There are a handful of other girls I'm hoping to get in touch with to gauge their interest in a return as well.

New Models
Pretty soon a brand new Ebony model will be making her Soles of Silk debut. She's a girl I met on Twitter and one who has done some pro work in the adult business. That's typically out of my target area for models, but she'll be in the area and I figured why not ask? More on this later as I'd like to make a bigger announcement once it is set to happen.

In June there are plans to shoot another newly minted 18 year old. She has a few months to go, but has already shown interest in joining the roster. Like so many before, being friends with the other girls we work with, has yet another girl wanting to get in front of the camera. I sure don't mind!

Valentine's Day Set

With the praise for the Christmas Fence Nets Ryan and Aspen appeared in back in December, I've decided to do another two girl holiday set. And once again, I'll be putting two really good friends together. This time around Mindee and Emerald will be teaming up for their first duo set. I'll be shooting that set with them this Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it as are the girls.


Trivia Contest Wrap Up
There is less than a week left before the 2012 Soles of Silk Trivia Contest concludes. I won't go over any details of the contest itself, but I really expected more entries this year with having the Soles of Silk Twitter account (@SolesofSilk). The turn out hasn't been bad, but it hasn't been great either. I really like doing these contests for everyone, but I am starting to wonder if there might be better ways to go about it. Any advice is appreciated.



Still Using Sets Shot Last Year
With these new shoots, and the others I'm bound to be shooting, there is still a wealth of content that I've already shot for the site. At one point last year I had over a full year's worth of updates shot. At this time, I still have sets left of: Aspen, Wendy, Abby, Ryan, Kellie, Nikki, Olivia, Charlee, Amelia, Kayleigh, Jamie, Aliza, Jessie, Mileena, Emerald, Carlin, and Layla. The photo above is from a recent one I did with Jamie when she returned for her winter break. Her feet sure do look nice in pantyhose, don't they?

New Site Design?
I know I teased this in the past, but truth be told, I've had a huge creative block for what seems like months. Updating the site is more of a process, but when it comes to making actual graphics and art, I just never really liked much of what I came up with. This was also the case with a couple of freelance projects that I've worked on in the last few months. I hope to get back in the swing of things here soon as I'd really like to freshen the site up a bit. It's going to be a large task, so it won't happen over night.

As usual, thanks for reading along with this little section of the site I use to communicate with all of you. For some time I often wondered how many people bothered to read these things, but if the contest answers were any indication, it looks like you do (at least when it comes to winning free membership).

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments