Followers & Feedback: Your Voices

Wendy was one of the first people I shot where I shared set Instagram photos.

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.


When I made the Soles of Silk Twitter account (@SolesofSilk) a little less than a year ago, I didn't know what to expect. To be honest, I thought it might be a fad and turn out to be just as problematic as the short-lived Soles of Silk MySpace page. It has been neither. As a matter of fact, it has allowed me to reach people that I wasn't getting to before. And in turn, it has also allowed the masses to get in touch with me like never before.

For years when I posted an update I always put update samples on the Soles of Silk Forum as well as in the Photos Section of the Wu's Feet Links Forum. Those have always been amazing ways to communicate with people, and one I continue to utilize today.
For the last year now, however, in addition to those forum posts, I have also been adding update previews to the site's Twitter page via the Soles of Silk Twitpic profile. And to top things off, for the last few months I've also been posting past previews and random items to the Soles of Silk Instagram account (@SolesofSilk). Those items are then in turn, posted to the site's Twitter account.

While the feedback from both Twitter and Instagram is short and sweet with its limited character restrictions, seeing all your retweets, favorites and comments has been amazing. I've even taken to periodically taking shots on Instagram while out doing sets. The first time I did this was during Wendy's shoot (above). I also ended up doing two posts of Emerald's debut sets. Yes, Emerald was seen on Instagram and Twitter before she ever debuted here. That's a nice perk for those of you who follow either account and one I hope to keep up with.

Then there are new models. Having a Twitter presence has allowed me to meet new potential models. I've discussed plans with one girl who is traveling to town from Florida in December. I've also met a girl who lives less than an hour away that has been making quite a splash on some other fetish sites. Without Twitter I'm not sure if I would have ever meet these two potential newcomers.

When I first began running these new Soles of Silk centered accounts I was scared that I'd be spreading myself thin. Trying to keep up with the feedback on the forums, by email, on Twitter, and Instagram felt like a daunting task. Over time, however, I've learned that the extra work pays off. I've reached out to so many more people and have gotten so much more feedback by broadening my means of communication. It's helped me in so many ways.

The biggest plus of having these new communication tools has been seeing what everyone likes and wants to see on the site. Of course that can also be a problem with so many popular models and requested themes. It takes time to get to them all, but at least I know someone is hoping to see a certain model or theme in the near future.

Then there is the old school method, email. When I worked for a newspaper for a few years, the motto was that no reader feedback was always a good thing. It was based off the premise that people generally don't take the time to praise you, just complain or voice opposition. While that did hold true to an extent with the paper, I don't find that to be true for letters written to Soles of Silk. Just last week, for example, I had the following letter sent to me:

"Long-time 'lurker' on your website and a recent first-time customer. I just wanted to commend you on an AWESOME website. It's always been a website I've wanted to join, but just never did. And I've joined a lot of foot fetish websites from Coed Feet, Footsie Tootsies, College Feet Archive, and California Feet.
But man - the best part of your website is the girls because they aren't 'models' per se. They seem like awesome, down-to-earth women who are super friendly, super-sexy, and obviously have beautiful feet. I really commend you on everything you've done with your website. 
As you know with being a 'foot guy,' the majority of women think us men who love feet are weird, creepy, etc. You are a pioneer for turning that around."

This person would then go on to list some of his favorite models on the site, including a brand new one. I shared the email with all the models because this person mentioned things that I've tried to portray in Soles of Silk since day one. I also thought it would be nice to show the girls how much their posing means to people. It was well received by all of the models. As a matter of fact, as long as a letter is not vulgar or just insanely hard to read, I like to forward them to the girls to read.

Shortly after this email, someone started a thread in the Foot Talk section of Wu's Foot Fetish Forum titled, "Who is Your Favorite Soles of Silk Model?" While I won't name my favorites, it's always great to see who everyone else enjoys. With so many tastes out there, each girl has her own fans. And like above, I try to make sure the girls know they got kind words said about them. I took quite a few screen captures of that thread and sent them to the models who were named. It made them quite happy.

So no matter how you came across Soles of Silk, I want you to know I like getting your tweets, emails, forum posts, etc. Feel free to hit me up on any of the above accounts and let me know what you think, what you want to see, or even your suggestions.

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!


Comments