Carlin's All Day Shoot - A Timeline

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

If the photo above is any indicator, you can already tell I had a great day this past Sunday when Carlin and I met up for an all day shoot. Man, what a great day with great results! Scratch that. What an amazing day with amazing results!

For a few months now Carlin and I had been chatting, trying to find a date where we could make plans for this all day shoot. We both had some ideas for sets, but it was just finding the time with both of us being rather busy. Our initial plan was to shoot before Valentine's Day and have Carlin be in a set for the site's Valentine's update. Due to some issues on my side, I was not able to schedule in time and there was no real Valentine's set for 2012. Needless to say, we had since figured out a date to meet, so I booked a hotel downtown and we made use of it - even making quite a few messes in the process. More on that later.

In the past, when I've done some of these all day shoots with other models, I've done columns detailing the events of the day. I want to do this again because it has been quite a while since I've done an all day shoot. Add in the fact that this shoot was done with Carlin, who I adore and have so much in common with, and the day was just a blast.

Saturday, 10:00 p.m.
Talk about feeling like I was moving out... Seriously, the night before the shoot I had so many props, outfits, and items I needed the following day, I was scared it wouldn't fit into my car. A 350z isn't known for being spacious. Luckily for me, Carlin was driving herself, so I was able to also use my passenger seat for things as well. I got most of them put into the car that night so I wouldn't have to do it all the next day.

Sunday, 2:00 p.m.
After getting a shower I grabbed my camera, laptop, iPad, and took them out to the car. I made a quick stop at Subway since check in wasn't until 4:00 p.m. and I had yet to eat.

Sunday, 2:30 p.m.
I made a quick stop at the grocery store to buy some brownie mix for Carlin's first ever food set. I figured I could find some that just needed water, but nope. So I ended up walking out of there with the mix, some eggs, vegetable oil, a baking pan, spatula, and some roses. I'll explain the roses later.

Sunday, 3:00 p.m.
Since I forgot to get a mixing bowl for the brownie mix, I had to make a quick stop and ended up at a dollar store. Good places for photo props since you probably don't need most of them once you are done.

Sunday, 3:45 p.m.
After catching every red light and stopping at an ATM, I pulled into the parking garage of the hotel. As soon as I parked, Carlin texted me saying she's on the third level and just parked. I was also on the third level and hadn't even turned my car off yet. "Great timing," I thought.



Sunday, 4:00 p.m.
We're checked in and were on the 16th floor. We're actually in the same exact room that Mindee and I used a few months ago when we shot her Banana Creampie Pudding set and the still unposted, Nude Pantyhose set. I thought that was too cool. The two photos above are from those sets.

Sunday, 4:20 p.m.
After making three trips up and down the elevator, in and out of the hotel, up and down the parking garage elevator, I had all of my stuff in our hotel room. Carlin had a ton of bags, but her ass somehow got it all to the room in one shot. Must be all the working out she does. Oh, that's right... panties don't weigh that much. Never mind.

Sunday, 4:45 p.m.
We looked through all the items that Carlin had brought with her and even exchanged some comic book themed gifts we had gotten for each other. Yes, we're both comic book fans and each of us got the other really great gifts. Then we ended up bullshitting so much since we hadn't seen each other for some time.

Carlin was very much looking forward to doing a comic themed set.

Sunday, 5:45 p.m. - Set #1: Catwoman
My photo lamps are set and we're underway for the first set of the day - the Catwoman fan girl set. I had packed so much shit for this set. I had a box of comics, three Catwoman statues, two Egyptian cat statues, a small safe, a Catwoman print, the Catwoman DVD, some cat print towels, and probably a few things I'm forgetting. It was all set up around Carlin and she was in the middle posing her feet first in black sandals, and then bare. It felt so right shooting a comic fan girl set of her since she's really a comic fan herself.


Carlin was looking mighty fine with barely any clothes on.

Sunday, 6:45 p.m. - Set #2: Bed Sheets
A few weeks prior when we were planning our sets, Carlin mentioned wanting to do some artistic photos as well. I told her I'd love to and we could do them while shooting the sets for the site. She said she had no problem if I used them on the site too, so we took some time being a little creative before sticking her feet in full view. The photo above is from this set.


Carlin was sultry hot in this one, starting off with some thigh high stockings.

Sunday, 7:45 p.m. - Set #3: Rose Petals
Almost a year ago I bought a shirt while at the mall that had a cracked glass slipper and some roses laying beside it. Well, a few hours before check in I got the idea to use it. I packed the shirt and that is why I bought roses while at the grocery store. Carlin and I plucked all but a few roses and threw the petals all over the bed. I gave her a pair of fencenet stockings that I had bought a few days before in case we wanted to use them for any of the shoots. She sure had an edgy look to her. She even tied her hair up.


The biggest nerd, Carlin, posing with a bunch of Nerds in her Nerds outfit.

Sunday, 8:30 p.m. - Set #4: Nerds
After cleaning all the petals off the bed and realizing my fear that the petals might actually stain the white bed sheets did actually happened, we were off to shoot the Nerds set. Carlin got changed into the outfit and tied her hair in pigtails at my request. She even put on a toe ring that I had bought. We did this one on the couch and Carlin ripped open the Nerds jelly beans, making them go everywhere on the floor and on the couch. I knew our cleaning ladies were going to love this room with the rose petals and now Nerds probably being found after we left.


This might have been the messiest set I've ever shot!

Sunday, 9:15 p.m. - Set #5: Brownie Mix
We shot this set in the small kitchen in the suite. It didn't take long for Carlin to have her feet lathered in the thick brownie mix. She dribbled it all over the floor as it dripped from her feet. She then stepped down, making chocolate footprints and smears wherever she walked. Now I knew the cleaning staff was REALLY going to hate us the next day. Carlin swore we'd be able to clean it up, which we did at the expense of a towel. Chocolate always wins against white linen.

Sunday, 10:00 p.m.
Even though we had wanted to do six sets, it was just getting too late. We agreed to try to find some time again soon to get in the sixth set and possibly more. At this point, we attempted to pack everything back up after cleaning up the chocolate we kept finding in the kitchen.

Once more Carlin was able to make it out in one trip. I have no idea how because she had the added presents I gave her along with the outfits and some of the props I told her to keep. I still had to make three trips though and I had less stuff. Oh well. Next time I'm just bringing boxers and a smile.

After getting everything out to the car, I gave the room a final looksy and left the cleaning staff a $20 bill. I felt bad, even though we did a good job of cleaning up after ourselves. I just figured between the rose petals, the Nerds, and the brownie mix, there was bound to be something they'd find in the morning. Oh well, it was time to go home and go through the awesome photos I had just taken.

Sunday, 11:30 p.m.
Once everything was inside and out of my car, I uploaded all the photos and videos from the day. All great stuff that I'm sure everyone will love. Carlin might have changed her hair color, but one thing hasn't changed - she sure takes great pictures and provides me with some great times both when my camera is AND isn't pointed in her direction.

Monday, 1:00 a.m.
My ass is in bed dreaming as you all will be once you see all these sets posted over time. You won't have to wait long though because I'm putting up this bed sheets set next week. I just couldn't wait!

Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments