Upcoming Video Content

The blog below was originally published in Soles of Silk's Column section. It was archived and then republished here in 2016.

Some of you might remember the teaser I ran a couple of months ago announcing that in the upcoming months the site would be adding video clips to compliment the photo content. But as I am sitting here with a book beside me learning the video editing software, I want to ask everyone their opinions. Below are a list of questions/ideas I have and I want our input on what to do with these videos.

First of all, let me first share that I currently work on an Apple Macintosh and have already began learning a program that will allow me to make my video clips look nice with intros and copyright information. But this week I should also be getting a Windows PC that I had built with some amazing specs. I'll probably end up getting video software for that platform too. But in all honesty, I've stuck to Apples all my life being in the graphic design field, so there will be a learning curve there once I begin using the PC as well.

What I want to know from all of you is the following:

1. What video formats do you prefer? As an Apple user Windows Media Player files don't work as nicely as they do on their PC counterparts. So I want to know how many of you have issues with me saving videos in the .wmv format. I was thinking about using MPEG (.mpg) format because that seems to work better across the board, but the file size tends to be larger.

2. What is a good screen size for these clips? The native size they camera shoots them in is 640 x 480, but that can translate to large files. I see a lot of sites doing 320 x 240 — is that a good size or should I perhaps save one of each for those with slower connections?

3. Lastly, I've been practically doing clips between 45 seconds to 2 minutes long in duration. I still use a still camera's video format because I don't have a video camera at this time, but for web clips it works fine. I've also been doing these clips on almost every single shoot — so you'll get to see some video footage from all your favorite (recent) shoots. But I pose this question to you, what kinds of things (within reason) would you like to see in these videos? So far I have typical sole and face clips, food crushing clips, some tickling clips and things of that nature.

Be on the lookout for more information soon. I will be posting a teaser clip with some of the different snippets of footage in it before I open the new section.



Join Soles of Silk today to see this and over 10 years of foot fetish content!

Comments